Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2209102 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9750 on: January 27, 2014, 03:57:30 pm »

I like your ideas. If only there was a way to make battlefield medics that recovered wounded while the fighting was going on. I feel like that would be a better role for the Disciples of Vanya.

I felt it better to have them as a sort of knight that uses knives since knife users get almost no love and since Vanya preferred to fight using daggers when she absolutely had to.

To make it balanced-ish, if the above is possible, give The Disciples of Vanya a penalty on Mining since Vanya was terrified of tight spaces.

As dwelves, Disciples of Vanya already have a 50% deficit to masonry, mining, and stonecrafting. That said, they do learn woodworking, crafting, and animal training at the base rate, all jobs that are usually performed outdoors or in large holding pens.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9751 on: January 27, 2014, 05:20:12 pm »

Are the raws modded to allow dwarves to make daggers? Because they normally can't.
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9752 on: January 27, 2014, 05:24:32 pm »

Are the raws modded to allow dwarves to make daggers? Because they normally can't.

They would of course be granted that ability, but it may be something different from the generic large daggers.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: January 27, 2014, 06:49:09 pm »

They would of course be granted that ability, but it may be something different from the generic large daggers.

Didn't Talvi's list say something about Vampiric Silver Daggers?

, like highborn dwarves (who I devised as way for us to be allowed to arrange unfortunate accidents without complete upward stagnation, though at the cost of decent soldier. :D)

This seems to say you know a way to put political tags in creature RAWs. Can you explain that? :D
Otherwise I like those positions, assuming everyone is okay with the added difficulty objectives.
I think I want to see this with the CMD and Physicians, though. Just for Flavor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, if you were surprised by a new name, I read through the whole thread over the last few months. I love this fort(which got me back into DF after a long hiatus) and have been playing against Mr Frog's Holistic Spawn in my current fort. My Fischer has 18 kills, 8 of which are Spawn. She is 154 Spear(no pikes sorry) and 215 Fighter.

Hopefully, I'll be contributing to SB 2(odd for me but I did say hopefully)
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: January 27, 2014, 07:10:51 pm »

Vampiric Silver is a steel-grade alloy originally pioneered by the vampires of West Everoc, since they didn't have access to the huge amounts of iron that humans, dwarves, and goblins had. It is more useful as trade good metal because of it's value but in the absence of iron bearing ores, silver can be used to form solid weapons (but not armor, if memory serves.)

Use of a highborn dwarf caste restricted position and the need for a high noble (baron or better) to appoint them facilitates the lesser nobility, plus they have the mandate and are exempt from punishment. However, privileges to better rooms and not being on the receiving end of the hammer comes at a price, and that price is being expected to take to the field against the kingdom's enemies.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9755 on: January 27, 2014, 07:13:58 pm »

So our nobility is essentially just fabulous military? Cool.

And welcome to the necro'd madhouse, Starweaver!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: January 27, 2014, 07:17:06 pm »

So our nobility is essentially just fabulous military? Cool.
I think it's fitting. After all, nobody wants to be seen as a coward since the puffed up fool in charge of some highly active backwater showed he had the balls to beat spawn to death with what was essentially a lump of rock on a stick.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: January 27, 2014, 07:19:53 pm »

highborn dwarf caste restricted position
Woah. I was looking at it backwards. Positions don't go in creature, caste goes in position. That should be helpful when I revive my ash demon civ.

And welcome to the necro'd madhouse, Starweaver!
Thanks, I hope it only gets madder! (Necros optional)

ninja'd
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: January 27, 2014, 11:54:35 pm »

Would it be possible to have the displaced megacorp employees still get their changes but not have any new description, so they blend in with regular players unless you're paying attention? I don't think they would be very well served by advertising their ties to a group like Parasol or Ballpoint.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9759 on: January 28, 2014, 05:00:59 am »

Parasol was on the locals' side so it really wouldn't matter for them. I was more thinking that they'd be wearing something story-wise that denotes they aren't a native dwarf but not which company they belonged to.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9760 on: January 28, 2014, 06:20:45 am »

So they're going to have a similar mechanic to vampires in that they can integrate and hide within Dwarven Society?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: January 28, 2014, 06:24:54 am »

Unless there's some sort of tag that dictates it besides bloodsucker then no. Simply something in their description will be what denotes them. Something to the manner of "This dwarf appears to have a working PEA and actually knows how to use it." or something like that.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: January 28, 2014, 06:33:02 am »

Actually...

(Turns thoughtful)

In Masterwork they have the master of the carp cult thingy, the random tentacle demon thing, necromancers sneaking in as civilians, etc. So it is possible without using the bloodsucker tag in the normal fashion...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9763 on: January 28, 2014, 06:37:45 am »

The most subtle way is having them make an interaction that does nothing, which would show up in the combat log periodically.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: January 28, 2014, 06:43:09 am »

Actually...

(Turns thoughtful)

In Masterwork they have the master of the carp cult thingy, the random tentacle demon thing, necromancers sneaking in as civilians, etc. So it is possible without using the bloodsucker tag in the normal fashion...

I don't know the specifics of that though. The raws appear rather... unorganized for some files.

The most subtle way is having them make an interaction that does nothing, which would show up in the combat log periodically.

That's how Masterwork does things for things besides the cult of the carp god.
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 815