Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48

Author Topic: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress & Adventure [DF 0.47.05]  (Read 68480 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress (Succession Game)
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2022, 02:50:30 am »

It's strange to see people dying of old age in this game, just goes to show how different this fort town is from the others.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2022, 07:45:15 am »

So with Waterlures, i have it ready to go but with file depot down and im going away for the night its gonna be a day longer before i upload it. My hope is by Sunday il be back and file depot is back online
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2022, 10:13:41 am »

Yeah, it's been down since yesterday, so I was expecting a delay. No worries.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2022, 01:27:14 pm »

Tekkud Stardusts Yearly Review 364

The past year has been great but soured by an event. As the year began things were looking good, everyone was alive and well. Our little community is thriving as ever. During midspring, a sound of heavy footsteps were once again heard and sure enough another ettin, the squad knew the drill.

The Monk Eman Corwglee ran up and punched it in its right foot expecting it to fall but it didn't. He went to strike it on its left foot and the creature tumbled down and was beaten to death.
Spoiler: Battle Logs (click to show/hide)
Whilst fighting the beast, he dropped an artifact cloth known in the old tounge as Runaluth, Oldmatches is a legendary cotton cloak. I dated back to the early 3rd century. Its history was rather interesting it seems.

Made by the Human Dilol Romantic weakened to sanctify the human Ohe Ivoryflags. This being her cloak. According to historical records it was an object of worship on display in Shockedhelms. In particular inside The Grizzly Temple run by The Order of Harvesters. A significant religon in our current time. They worship the human deity Zoku the Permanency of Quests. She is the god of youth and longevity. It appears Ohe Ivoryflags was a holy vigor which is quite a high rank in the religon.

What makes this interesting is that she had done the same by creating Sculptedtorches the Grizzly Hewels, the human bone totem to preserve Lami Seizedglimmer who was also a holy vigor at one point but rose to the rank of Exalted Persuasion. He himself during the toteming process was entombed within The Tomb of Ticking. It resides in Fencereined also home to the Sanctuary of Geniuses. A library i know all too well and was raided some years back. The tomb is currectly inhabited by squaters and is often raided by kobolds for treasures. Including this totem which resides in the hands of kobolds.

Ramble aside, this religon has a fascinating affinity for artifacts and preserving themselves via proxy. Truely this artifact is of historical and religous importance and must be looked after. We might have to build a small musuem to house stuck artifacts should we come across more.

I had done it, i had discovered the metaphysics of wholes and parts. My mind floods with new philosophical questions and ideas.

Oh where was I, yes. As Spring was reaching its end, a werebeast attacked. A dwarf that rapidly warped into a form a kangaroo.

A human bowman passing through town was screaming out in pain as it was savaged by the creature. The towns militia quicky rushed over but it was on the other side of town. Poor Lor, he was storing away a pickaxe when the beast pounced for him. The young Capy was brave and effortlessly deflected the beasts attacks, quickly striking back in its left lower leg. This caused the beast to fall to the ground, another swing of the pickaxe torn into the beasts arm, the another to its neck as her went to deliver the coup de grâce upon the beast her stumbled and the beast went for a bite as the pickaxe impailed its head. It was terrible, he knew what had happen as the curse had been passed to him.

He quickly fled and confided in me the truth asking about anyway to cure him of this horrid affliction.
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)
I pondered on it for a few days and revealed that sadly he would be forever afflicted with the curse. Doomed to live eternally or until struck down by another.

I appologised as i was not knowledgible on such matters and pointed him in the dirrection of Yawo our local witch doctor. She claimed it was a cursed bestowed by the rabbit god Osed, the god of mountains, light, day, sun, nature, weather, sky and the stars. It was likely her cursed was given to a mortal as punishment long ago and what it had been passed onto Lor. If he wanted to cleanse his spirit he would have to undertake a religous journey away from here somewhere  close but away so that he can pray and seek Osed's blessing.

We had no choice so i sent a letter to the fortrest Retreat north west of us, Morningwilt and they happily offered to take him in and look after him. Especially during his full moon episodes, it seemed like the best place for Lor. Not too far away but close enough to nature and hopefully Osed. In not a religous Capy but i certainly have him in my prayers and thoughts and i wonder if i can assist him in anyway. On this topic we finally have a town messenger. Seems little baron has taken up the minor noble roll. Perhaps as a way to hone his skills. This will hopefully be a fruitful endevour.

On a personal note I wish i had more time, my fur is starting to show that shining silver, my body is starting to wither and i fear that i have so much to ponder. I often find myself thinking upon my own mortality and the posibilities of extending that but i know such knowledge is taboo. I won't pursue it no matter how alluring it may be.

On a more interesting note, as early summer arrived, we got word that a new hillocks in the southeast had been founded and incorporated into our holdings, this was good news as it showed the mountainhome had seen our economic value. Lil Baron reports that they have some works that would be willing to move here to work should we need them.

But then a month later, another one to the south was founded. Truly interesting, we clearly are becoming an economic powerhouse in the area.

As the rest of the year continued, we were given the peace we have needed especially after the traggic loss of one of our youngest adults.

Below is the map of our local area and our holdings.

Playing a little more as i await file depot to come back online.

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2022, 01:50:14 pm »

a true hydraulic empire unfolds before our eyes.

Ramble aside, this religon has a fascinating affinity for artifacts and preserving themselves via proxy. Truely this artifact is of historical and religous importance and must be looked after. We might have to build a small musuem to house stuck artifacts should we come across more.

never seen this .. awesome. That cloth cloak is a rather tasteful artifact, as well. "Oldmatches" and what a history! only to be delivered by an ettin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

don't werebeast attacks sometimes feel like assassinations? like, arrival --> kill one or two citizens ---> GTFO seems to be the standard formula of a were attack. Was Lor truly just in the wrong place at the wrong time, or is there some deeper conspiracy here?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 01:52:09 pm by Salmeuk »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2022, 01:59:48 pm »

It certainly is an interesting history. That religon has lots of these artifacts that perserve the religous figure. Here is one that was stolen by a dragon, made a family heirloom of the dragon, stolen from the dragon and is now in a human towns local pub as a display piece. Also that person who stole it was also a member of The Order of Harvesters. They take great lengths to get their artifacts back.
Spoiler: Another Religous Totem (click to show/hide)
Also that dragon, is one of the two dragons still alive so they could appear one day O-O

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 13, 2022, 02:23:42 pm »

Glad you kept going since DFFD is down!

I really have to delve deeper into the legends of this world. I've just done it rather briefly when starting the game to get some kind of overview.

Most of the interesting stuff seems to originate in the north, which our civ isn't part of, so it sort of helps to RP that we don't know much about the area (despite some characters having roots in the Bent Spears and Typhoon of Lusters).

Pity about Lór... Wasn't he the oldest son of Edu & Kib?

I do like that you sent him to Morningwilt, lol. I wonder if any of the "original" 7 dwarves are still there? (Some were there still several years back when I last checked.) In any case, I guess we'll probably be seeing more werekangaroos.

Quite surprised about hillocks popping up suddenly. We only got the one economically linked (Morningwilt) in the start, but since then... Nothing. Until now, some 40+ years later. Interestingly they're quite close to the camp I founded, which was inhabited by some dwarves the last time I visited it. Wonder if there's a connection?

don't werebeast attacks sometimes feel like assassinations? like, arrival --> kill one or two citizens ---> GTFO seems to be the standard formula of a were attack. Was Lor truly just in the wrong place at the wrong time, or is there some deeper conspiracy here?

Now that you mention it, I might have some ideas regarding this theory...

Also, getting ideas from the religion and its artifacts, if we feel like stirring up things a bit at some point.

Spoiler: non-Waterlures stuff (click to show/hide)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2022, 02:44:28 pm »

Yeah, i don't use legends religously, if there is an interesting event, i will look at what was involved.

There is a massive werekangeroo linege. Lor was 4th Generation cursed. Some units are 5th and possibly 6th Generation cursed.

Lor was indeed the first born of Edu & Kib but atleast he is still alive. I imagine they take day trips to visit him and send lil baron out to bring him carepackages. Hope he doesn't come attack warerlures, would be sad to see.

I believe five of the dwarves are still alive there. Along with the 65 humans.

Spoiler: No Waterlures (click to show/hide)

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2022, 08:37:35 pm »

Hope he doesn't come attack warerlures, would be sad to see.

That would be horrible. Assuming Edu would be still alive at such a moment, as a member of the Fenced Princes*, he'd be among those having to face the werekangaroo... He's probably the one in Waterlures who has faced the most tragedies & unfortunate stuff in his life (okay, maybe Datan the dwarf's life has been more tragic, but he's been around for a long time).

(* = Now that I think of it, the name Fenced Princes is actually a brilliant DF generated name for the squad. Some food for thought: one could imagine the name means that they're trying to keep the Prince of Duty from taking poor souls away from their community, sort of like keeping Abod "fenced" away from the living.)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2022, 07:17:11 pm »

looking forward to the continuation, once we sort out DFFD or alternatives

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2022, 08:03:42 pm »

Hope it won't take too much longer. (Glad that we got an update on the unfortunate situation today.)

Feeling already that I probably have to re-read or skim through all Waterlures posts to get oriented and remember stuff for my turn. (In fact, I probably should do that before getting the save, so as not to spend precious game time on it.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2022, 03:26:43 am »

Hope it won't take too much longer. (Glad that we got an update on the unfortunate situation today.)
I'm out of touch with what's going on all I know is that it's down so what's the unfortunate situation?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2022, 09:28:13 am »

I'm out of touch with what's going on all I know is that it's down so what's the unfortunate situation?

The server space ran out and the database got messed up beyond recovery:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180566.0

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2022, 01:40:25 pm »

This is sad, looks like il create another account and list if its back up if not Google drive.

Drunken scholar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2022, 02:56:00 am »

Well that's a shame, at least they were able to save some of it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48