Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 387787 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3300 on: October 26, 2020, 10:53:55 am »

"If there's one thing I can do, it's make a difficult shot."
Shoot Canid faced guy in the kneecaps, stay behind Nyw
Spoiler: Birb (click to show/hide)
[10]
Swis takes aim as the wolfman turns and squeezes off one shot. It catches the monster straight in the knee and he drops to the ground in a forced kneel, growling.

"Caw! It worked! Well, partially, but it still worked. I... suppose I could go through and tell you what it's like in there in the hopes that it could give us some clues?" Hopefully it's not full of Crystal corpses. That would be super creepy.

If nobody objects, go through the crack and let the others know what's on the other side through radio.
Leave my Crystal possessions with Adam so as to not damage them, take the cannoli Crystal rod in case I can use it to do more stuff.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
While waiting, and if I can draw on/with something, make some detailed anatomical drawings of the corpses here (using wizard vision so I don't need to dissect).

If not possible, go check how easy/hard it is to get to the power core.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Well done, Friend Kara. I had not expected the rods to work under the effect of the shattering machine.
Please keep in regular contact over the radio while you go forth, so we can know should things go awry and come help.

Observe Kara's further exploration from a safe distance.
Also help out with Adam if he needs any extra help/info figuring things out about this place.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
While Adam spends his time drawing anatomical charts of corpses, Kara pushes forward into the weapon area. And it is where things stop making much sense to her. Inside is a spherical room. The inner wall of this sphere is covered in spikes of crystal that extend towards the center, They all stop short except for 6 spikes which are coming from the top and bottom, and 4 sides.  Held right at the tips of these points is a clear sphere of crystal. Inside this sphere is a hovering mass of crystalizing, melting and recrystallizing black matter.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: October 26, 2020, 11:32:29 am »

"A flawless shot!  Be ready to take another if necessary, but *do* try to leave it alive."

Approach the wolfman, holding the slave trap.  Politely ask to speak with it, and stop approaching if it does respond.  First question, I suppose, is whether it's working with the church, and if so, what its goals are.  Nyw is openminded, if its end goals are noble.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: October 26, 2020, 11:37:11 am »

Take a look at the core thingie with wizard eyes as well as the structures surrounding it and inform birbgirl of what I can make of it.

Suppose I wanted to do a dive with Balarim => Xi, each reinforced around 3 or so times, would that be a suitable dive to try and summon information about that black thing: what it does, how it works, how it was made, etc? Or does it need different spheres/more reinforcements?   

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 04:06:06 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: October 26, 2020, 01:01:16 pm »

"I'll try, whether or not he lets me is another matter."
Be prepared to shoot him in the other knee if he pulls something stupid

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3304 on: October 26, 2020, 02:32:59 pm »

"Uhh... I see a... thing. It's a transparent Crystal sphere. That's held in place by 6 symmetrical spikes. There's smaller Crystal spikes all around the walls and ceiling, the entire room is a sphere. And the Crystal sphere it's... there's... stuff inside it. Weird shadow-crystal stuff that's... It looks alive and changing and... kinda evil, to be honest. I'm getting some bad vibes from that thing. Does that ring any bells, Clate? Is this the weapon? And are those things the... minds of the people trapped inside?"

"I could try using my gun on it, I guess, but I don't want to accidentally hurt them or cause some giant explosion. I could use the rod to try to operate the machine but I don't think I can make head or tails of what that thing does. And to be honest I'm afraid they might try to hurt me. That thing inside... Doesn't look very inviting. Do you think there's a way you could talk to them through me? Maybe Adam could... link our minds somehow?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: October 26, 2020, 02:58:25 pm »

"Uhh... I see a... thing. It's a transparent Crystal sphere. That's held in place by 6 symmetrical spikes. There's smaller Crystal spikes all around the walls and ceiling, the entire room is a sphere. And the Crystal sphere it's... there's... stuff inside it. Weird shadow-crystal stuff that's... It looks alive and changing and... kinda evil, to be honest. I'm getting some bad vibes from that thing. Does that ring any bells, Clate? Is this the weapon? And are those things the... minds of the people trapped inside?"

"I could try using my gun on it, I guess, but I don't want to accidentally hurt them or cause some giant explosion. I could use the rod to try to operate the machine but I don't think I can make head or tails of what that thing does. And to be honest I'm afraid they might try to hurt me. That thing inside... Doesn't look very inviting. Do you think there's a way you could talk to them through me? Maybe Adam could... link our minds somehow?"

((Confirmed by pw on discord))

Friend Kara, please be careful. That is the weapon. I can feel it in my core structure. I don't know if it's active, dormant, broken or anything, but I know for a fact that that is the weapon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3306 on: October 26, 2020, 07:00:25 pm »

"That still doesn't answer the question of what we should do with it!" Kara responded with a hint of anxiety. That thing was really unnerving her.
Damn, damn, what do I do? ... Wait a second... Isn't this...?

Very carefully look around.
Do I feel weird? Like that thing might try to eat my brains?
Is that thing reacting to me in any way? It looks evil, so I'd rather it didn't pay too much attention to me.
Are there any organic or Crystal people corpses around?
Any sort of assymetry in the room that could indicate some sort of control panel or some place where they would place their victims?
Does this room remind me of the room we found the fire orb artifact in the first Crystal ruins we explored? Anything that looks like an artifact around here?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 07:02:45 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: October 28, 2020, 04:27:12 am »

"That still doesn't answer the question of what we should do with it!"
I'd ask that whatever you do, you do it very carefully. Remember, this is the superweapon and it is not behaving as it should. Handling it seems unwise, it could produce any number of effects.

I propose we take a moment to look it over, to see if any information can be gleaned just from observation, and afterwards we make our way to the power source. Removing the power source seems like the safer way of deactivation to me.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3308 on: October 31, 2020, 08:14:52 am »

((sorry for lack of posts, broken ankle plus double root canal and homework rather took it out of me this week))

"I'll try, whether or not he lets me is another matter."
Be prepared to shoot him in the other knee if he pulls something stupid
"A flawless shot!  Be ready to take another if necessary, but *do* try to leave it alive."

Approach the wolfman, holding the slave trap.  Politely ask to speak with it, and stop approaching if it does respond.  First question, I suppose, is whether it's working with the church, and if so, what its goals are.  Nyw is openminded, if its end goals are noble.

Nyw approaches slowly, both arms up...but a sword in each hand. He attempts to look non-threatening but that is rather hard.
[10]
The wolf man continues to growl but makes no move and says nothing, other than to slightly shift its weight back from Nyw. Nyw can see its eyes darting about, clearly looking for a way out.

Take a look at the core thingie with wizard eyes as well as the structures surrounding it and inform birbgirl of what I can make of it.

Suppose I wanted to do a dive with Balarim => Xi, each reinforced around 3 or so times, would that be a suitable dive to try and summon information about that black thing: what it does, how it works, how it was made, etc? Or does it need different spheres/more reinforcements?   

[1]
The core isn't diving, because you can see it. Its something else. You can see its structure but not its purpose, like looking at the innards of a pocket watch. However, you can tell its not drawing power from the rest of this crystal or the magma, it seems to actually be quite isolated. At least physically. There's a haze around the entire place; hard to see but there.

Suitable sure.

"That still doesn't answer the question of what we should do with it!" Kara responded with a hint of anxiety. That thing was really unnerving her.
Damn, damn, what do I do? ... Wait a second... Isn't this...?

Very carefully look around.
Do I feel weird? Like that thing might try to eat my brains?
Is that thing reacting to me in any way? It looks evil, so I'd rather it didn't pay too much attention to me.
Are there any organic or Crystal people corpses around?
Any sort of assymetry in the room that could indicate some sort of control panel or some place where they would place their victims?
Does this room remind me of the room we found the fire orb artifact in the first Crystal ruins we explored? Anything that looks like an artifact around here?

You look around carefully. [14] You're not really sure what you're looking for though.
You don't feel...weird. Least you don't THINK you feel weird. You feel like you did before, albeit more apprehensive.
It doesn't seem to be reacting to you. No Glowing or angry voices or the like. Seems to be just churning there as it was before.
No bodies you can see, least not in this room. Hard to say if there are crystal corpses around though as they would likely have fused into the stone like Clate pointed out before.
You check for anything which diverges from the symmetry of the room.  In this room at least, there seems to be nothing.
[12] Its something similar...but not quite the same. No obvious artifacts either, aside from the orb.

[17] Hmmm.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: October 31, 2020, 11:39:11 am »

The core isn't diving, because you can see it. Its something else. You can see its structure but not its purpose, like looking at the innards of a pocket watch. However, you can tell its not drawing power from the rest of this crystal or the magma, it seems to actually be quite isolated. At least physically. There's a haze around the entire place; hard to see but there.

And what about the structures around the artifact, can I tell if these are keeping the thing contained? Or are these responsible for keeping the anti-crystal effect active? 

"The artifact weapon seems to not be drawing any power right now and seems pretty isolated. So perhaps our best bet is to grab a well-isolated and shielded artifact containment box and immediately shove it in there. Kara, perhaps your telegrabber could be useful here, or at least one of the stasis boxes?"

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:41:20 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3310 on: November 02, 2020, 06:56:08 am »

"I... don't think it will fit. And even then we'd just be postponing the problem."

How large is the lost orb of crystalophagia? Large enough to fit in a stasis box?
If I were to try to communicate with whatever is trapped in there, would taking Silent Night help me maintain my sanity?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: November 02, 2020, 09:06:28 am »

Clate fidgets, uncomfortable about not being able to help his companions with the weapon.

Since we're deeper in the complex now, see if I have a better connection to the overmind here. Or to the complex itself. If I do with either of these, see if I can glean any info from them about both the weapon and how to proceed from here.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: November 03, 2020, 10:36:26 am »

be prepared to put another cap in the Wolfman if he pulls something stupid
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:46:11 am by m1895 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3313 on: November 03, 2020, 02:34:26 pm »

And what about the structures around the artifact, can I tell if these are keeping the thing contained? Or are these responsible for keeping the anti-crystal effect active? 

"The artifact weapon seems to not be drawing any power right now and seems pretty isolated. So perhaps our best bet is to grab a well-isolated and shielded artifact containment box and immediately shove it in there. Kara, perhaps your telegrabber could be useful here, or at least one of the stasis boxes?"

[14]
You squint at the thing. Uh...can't say. They might be keeping it physically contained but you can't see anything about it energetically contained if that makes sense. Nor powering it.

"I... don't think it will fit. And even then we'd just be postponing the problem."

How large is the lost orb of crystalophagia? Large enough to fit in a stasis box?
If I were to try to communicate with whatever is trapped in there, would taking Silent Night help me maintain my sanity?

The orb is about the size of a basketball, assuming you remove it cleanly from the spikes holding it.  You think it might fit in a stasis box...barely.

Assuming there's something to communicate with, yes.

Clate fidgets, uncomfortable about not being able to help his companions with the weapon.

Since we're deeper in the complex now, see if I have a better connection to the overmind here. Or to the complex itself. If I do with either of these, see if I can glean any info from them about both the weapon and how to proceed from here.

The feeling is paradoxical. The closer you get to the weapon, the weaker the Overmind's presence. Its most strong around the edges, as though its trying to press inward into the crystal's center but can't. You attempt to communicate but fail utterly, unable to even get a feeling as to what its intent is or what to do. Perhaps somewhere else?

be prepared to put another cap in the Wolfman if he pulls something stupid
Waiting on Sy post~

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3314 on: November 04, 2020, 07:10:13 am »

"Now that I look at it better, I could fit it in a stasis box... Maybe. Assuming I can detach it from those spikes. And maybe shove it a bit. Or I could try my luck at trying to communicate with it. Though maybe I should consume done silent night before doing so. Or maybe link myself with Clate's mind. Clate, do you have an opinion?"
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 231