Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 60560 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (0/6)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 11:18:47 am »

Probably fixed it now. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 11:25:55 am »

@ Tiruin: Feel free to give the medium quality weapon a name. Also , you got 10 ammo for it.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 11:35:42 am »

Reserve a spot for technician for me please?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 11:37:09 am »

It is official, the currency is measured in Credits

Also, who are you other people, I don't see your reserved sheets. :P

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »

Name: George Miller
Race: Human
Role: Technician
Ship: None, for now.
Skills:
Ranged Combat: 4+4
Mechanics: 4+8
Engineering 4+8
Inventory:
EVA Suit: 250
Advanced Toolkit: 500
Hacking Kit: 250
Bio: George is a pretty tall, light skinned person. He is almost always wearing a green t-shirt and black pants.  George is a very good technician. He is incredibly intelligent, and many of his friends look up to him. He got incredible skills with a wrench, screwdriver, and many other techfixing things. When just 7 years old, he fixed the entire school robot system when it crashed. While 13, he fixed a broken colony ship that was crashed on Mars. While 21, he hacked into nearly all the banks in USA, and as punishment he was forced to work on this ship for life.
Note: I'm not good at creating backstories/bios, so i came with this one smashed together in 5 minutes :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:06:20 am by Donuts »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 12:10:02 pm »

The captain choses the players, so there's not much I can do for you.

@ sheet: You start with 4 points in every skill and at those 20 to it.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 12:13:46 pm »

The captain choses the players, so there's not much I can do for you.

@ sheet: You start with 4 points in every skill and at those 20 to it.
So technically my mechanics/engineering is 11, and ranged is 10? Should i modify so it is like that?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 12:17:38 pm »

One question: What does the Medical Skill actually do? Are we all able to die somehow, or is it used to patch up other people and such?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 12:21:16 pm »

One question: What does the Medical Skill actually do? Are we all able to die somehow, or is it used to patch up other people and such?
It's an RTD, of course you can die. I'm not sure what system I'll use, but it might be either Gatleos system or a simple hp based one.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 12:21:26 pm »

Finishing character, ship coming right after it. May I put some very heavy armor or special feature at the frontsection to allow ship ramming? Boarding would be much easier that way. Aw yeah.
Also the ship's name will be the Godsplitter. I'll  be posting its information soon and asking help for the GM to help me tune it into what I want it to be.
Edit: I also ask for a "tutorial" battle as our first mission, so we can get the hang of it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:24:23 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 12:24:24 pm »

Finishing character, ship coming right after it. May I put some very heavy armor or special feature at the frontsection to allow ship ramming? Boarding would be much easier that way. Aw yeah.
Also the ship's name will be the Godsplitter. I'll  be posting its information soon and asking help for the GM to help me tune it into what I want it to be.

If you want heavier armor just follow the trend: 80hp, 8 per size ...
However, ship ramming will inflict structural damage too, which might be harder to fix. Maybe boarding pods are in order.

As for a tutorial battle, the captains bio will influence your starting position, so that's probable.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 12:28:17 pm »

However, ship ramming will inflict structural damage too, which might be harder to fix. Maybe boarding pods are in order.
That is my point on the special feature. I wanted to install something akin to a bee's needle, disconnected from the ship's structure and that would separate from my ship upon impact.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 12:29:07 pm »

It's an RTD, of course you can die. I'm not sure what system I'll use, but it might be either Gatleos system or a simple hp based one.

Welp. We have a tech.

Edited mine, then. :))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 12:33:43 pm »

That is my point on the special feature. I wanted to install something akin to a bee's needle, disconnected from the ship's structure and that would separate from my ship upon impact.

I think you should add that as an artificact/prototype/madman weapon.

Also, added boarding pod drill and weapon. ( Both as a missile payload and as a weapon) The boarding pod does need to be equiped with a lifesupport system.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 12:43:22 pm »

Can I get some insights on my design? I wanted a ship capable of quickly closing in distance with superior front armor and retractable weapons near the needle-thing: create wound, shoot at wound.
I am also trying to put point defense at the aft and fighter bays at the middle.
Tell me if it sounds too insane enough.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:46:49 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44