Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1215985 times)

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (back!)
« Reply #1305 on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:04 pm »

Good to know HeliumFreak!

I guess we will all have to wait a few days before we can play the latest version with this tileset! :F

So I figured if the masonry workshop was going to have a little hammer and chisel instead of the ; character, they wouldnt just be laying on the floor, they would be sat on a work table?

Also, I remember saying something about replacing the pile of clothes that appears in various workshops with a work table and some tools? Kind of makes more sense sat next to a furnace :P

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 11, 2010, 10:44:32 pm »

Doesn't the 'pile of equipment' tile also get used whenever some dumb dorf drops clothes on the floor? Or when you burn the burnable parts of a goblin with magma?

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 11, 2010, 10:47:00 pm »

Yo, Ironhand/Wormy.  Big fan of your work.  I downloaded the pack, and it's really excellent.  I used to use a custom set of my own, a mashup of Mayday, some other sets, and a few things of my own... but now that I've tried yours, I can never go back.  I don't doubt that yours will soon be the gold standard for tilesets, like Mayday before you.

One small request, though: Could you make the arrow symbols into pine trees?  And the gamma symbol into a palm tree?  It's really strange to look at a beautifully rendered world map and see a forest of blocky letters.  And if you could use your Tile Magic somehow to make the letters 'n' and 'V' more hill and valley-like, I would truly love you forever.

Also, a question about graphics.  Are you making your creature tiles by tracing over the old Sphr sets and adding shading, or completely from scratch?  I'm thinking about throwing something together in my spare time, and I'd like to be able to conform to your standard.

Oh, and as for copying the raws: I think the only raw files that were changed in Ironhand were the inorganic_'s (except metal), plant_standard, and the vermin.  None of those saw many changes in .09/.10, so I think it's safe to copy them over.

And also: The left bracket means clothes, the right bracket is workbench.  I got pretty good results in my old tileset by cutting a regular table in half.

Alcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 11, 2010, 10:47:23 pm »

Love that hammer and chisel, the tile magic makes them look amazing.

Edit, The dye works looks amazing but I have to say I wouldn't really enjoy the look if all the workshops had the red or colored stones in them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:50:51 pm by Alcoholic »

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1309 on: July 11, 2010, 11:45:13 pm »

Doesn't the 'pile of equipment' tile also get used whenever some dumb dorf drops clothes on the floor? Or when you burn the burnable parts of a goblin with magma?

Not sure about the burning goblins bit but I'm pretty sure your thinking of the other, mirrored pile of equipment tile (they are actually the [ and ] characters) which remains unchanged.

One small request, though: Could you make the arrow symbols into pine trees?  And the gamma symbol into a palm tree?  It's really strange to look at a beautifully rendered world map and see a forest of blocky letters.  And if you could use your Tile Magic somehow to make the letters 'n' and 'V' more hill and valley-like, I would truly love you forever.

Glad you like :D I'll have a look at the map stuff but not promising anything :P

Edit, The dye works looks amazing but I have to say I wouldn't really enjoy the look if all the workshops had the red or colored stones in them.

Well they already have coloured stones in them, but using tile magic techniques makes them a lot brighter...

On that note; smaller stones and minerals that hopefully look like stones with bits sticking out?

And what the furnaces look like with smaller stones.

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 11, 2010, 11:54:50 pm »

The stones are just getting nicer and nicer, I think the furnace's "heat pit" and "water pit" as stones is at least decently plausible as well.

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 12, 2010, 12:30:58 am »

I guess we will all have to wait a few days before we can play the latest version with this tileset! :F

The main issue with it really are changes that IH had made to help fix some of the bone/metal/teeth inconsistencies

material_template_default.txt
inorganic_metal.txt
item_weapon.txt
item_ammo.txt
body_default.txt
reaction_other.txt

Delete these files from IH latest release, then dump the rest of the object folder ontop of the new DF31.10 object folder and u should be fine

*Edit

Just a note also... I only did a comparison with IH 0.42 - upgrade only package compared to the latest DF. I havent checked the release version of IH 0.42 but i think itll be the same
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:38:19 am by HeliumFreak »

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1312 on: July 12, 2010, 10:20:25 am »

Thanks HF, I'll give that a go later :)

Urist McGems was feeling unloved so I replaced his { with a little work table!

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 12, 2010, 10:28:29 am »

That looks nifty (though I wonder how you use a cleaver in gemcutting :D), but isn't that going to totally jack up the forbidden item display?

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1314 on: July 12, 2010, 10:48:52 am »

It's supposed to be a little hacksaw :F

As for the forbidden item display; well obviously it looks different, but it's purpose there is to highlight the left side of the selected row, so as long as it is still visible it performs that function?

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 12, 2010, 11:02:25 am »

Aha, I was spending not enough time thinking of tools and too much time imagning a dwarf grunting and swinging a big frnking knife through the air to cleave gems in half :D

Not sure what I think of the text, but it's less bad than some things i've seen get in there.

izzyryu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 12, 2010, 11:14:39 am »

I used the Raw Tile Merger on .10 and that seems to be working, at least for a new game. Replacing the old raws in my savegame folder with the new ones made the whole thing barf, though. :-\

Love the new stone/ore tiles. For uncut gems though, it would definitely be nice to have a similar tile. Maybe something like the one in Spreggo's tileset?

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 12, 2010, 11:30:30 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php
We totally need #5 here.
If this finally gets implemented, Toady DEFINITELY gets another donation! :D

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 12, 2010, 01:07:44 pm »

Maybe if you made the right brace ('}') into a different type of worktable?  Something generic and suitable for custom workshops... beakers and flasks, perhaps?  Knives?  Forbidden items would be flanked by a pair of worktables, instead of a worktable and a brace.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1319 on: July 12, 2010, 01:12:49 pm »

Yeah anyone who likes this set, please go and vote up full graphics support at the above link! :D

The } is used for custom workshops? - The wiki page on tiles doesnt mention that, but it is a *bit* incomplete... If so thats a very good idea! :)

New crossbow?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 329