Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1215949 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.31.18 version out!)
« Reply #3120 on: December 16, 2010, 10:15:06 pm »

I'm pretty sure you have it already, but is there a dwarves.png in /raw/graphics (both of them, /raw/graphics and /region/raw/graphics), and graphics_dwarves.txt has this in it?
Code: [Select]
graphics_dwarves

[OBJECT:GRAPHICS]

[TILE_PAGE:DWARVES]
  [FILE:dwarves.png]
  [TILE_DIM:18:18]
  [PAGE_DIM:16:20]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:17:58 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DeltaRomeo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: December 16, 2010, 10:17:14 pm »

Yup, dwarves.png checks out. Check out my previous post for my init file if that helps any. No one else has had this problem?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: December 16, 2010, 10:19:34 pm »

Someone might have had it, but theres a lot of pages here. have you tried savegame updater? I know it is new world, but might as well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DeltaRomeo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: December 16, 2010, 10:34:20 pm »

Damn! The savegame updater did it... I had no idea it would have anything to do with my new world... Oh well, all better, thanks for the help.

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: December 17, 2010, 04:35:46 am »

Just for protocol (in case someones searches for this :) ):
This was caused by a misconfiguration in the /graphics folder, solvable with the savegame updater or the fix Aklyon described here.
The tileset was ok, the raws, too - but the creature and dwarf tiles were still the old ones, because the world was generated before the complete installation of the set.

beridel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: December 17, 2010, 05:16:21 am »

I've tried to skim through all of this post, but its just really REALLY long, heh.  I also posted something in the modding forum (because I imagine my problem stems from the graphics pack, since vanilla seems to work fine), but I never got an answer.

So to start from the beginning, I'm on x64 Arch Linux and I have the dwarffortress package from multilib installed.  I then downloaded Ironhand's pack (the latest version, .495 I believe) and just unzipped all of it into the folder, of course overwriting the init from the vanilla installation and using Ironhand's init.  I then generate a large region and embark and everything seems peachy.  However, after several sessions, I'll eventually run into the problem (this can happen the first time after I come back to a new game, or the fifth time, it eventually happens every time I've made a new game).  The problem is that whenever I use 'k' to look around, it crashes with a segmentation fault tell me that there is a texture that can't be found (can't remember the exact wording), I can get it for you guys if you really need it.  This also happens when I try and build a workshop, or if I sometimes try and use 'q' to manage a workshop (that was already built before this starts).  Basically any variety of actions can cause a crash and it almost always says missing texture or something like that.

The only way it seems I can fix this is if I reinstall the multilib dwarffortress vanilla package and then re-install Ironhand's graphics pack.  But then the same problem crops up of course some time afterwards.

So not quite sure what to do and any help would be appreciated!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3126 on: December 17, 2010, 10:47:47 am »

That's strange, I'm running dwarf fortress on ubuntu 10.4 with the ironhand graphics pack and I have no problems :/
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 17, 2010, 02:53:55 pm »

Awesome, I'm glad it worked out.
Thanks for taking care of this, guys.

Anyway, have you guys seen the new updates?
EGGS! And woolly critters! I am totally excited.
Maybe llamas will get added for real! = P

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and wait for that release,
even if it means it's a little while after Christmas.
I want to include the new stuff in the pack,
since everything still works as of right now.

So far, I've played around with the dwarves a bit.
In this next pack, they will all be different, even if it's just minor differences.
It might not be perfectly clear or decisive yet, but it'll look a lot more interesting.

I'm also going to do a few critters (at least the new ones. Does anybody know what they are? I'm guessing chickens and sheep...)

Sinnyil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 18, 2010, 03:40:48 am »

First off, absolutely love these tiles.  Been playing for a while now and this is the first time I've even been tempted to use a tileset! 

Of course, that means I really have no idea what I'm doing.  I downloaded the upgrade pack and ran the batch file and everything.  It seems ok except for the text.  I don't know if its supposed to be like this because its a work in progress or if I messed up the upgrade or if maybe there's something that I haven't even thought could go wrong going wrong here (like alien intervention).

Anywho, screenshot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sinnyil cancels rest:  Playing dwarf fortress.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 18, 2010, 04:35:09 am »

It's TrueType Font again. No, it's not Ironhand's fault. No, we can't fix it until Toady or Baughn does.

It's come up a lot. Please don't post it again. :v
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3130 on: December 18, 2010, 05:34:02 am »

Guys why are there wells in my text? I don't like wells in my text. Make the wells go away, they whisper dark secrets to me at night.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 18, 2010, 08:27:17 am »

It's TrueType Font again. No, it's not Ironhand's fault. No, we can't fix it until Toady or Baughn does.

It's come up a lot. Please don't post it again. :v
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3132 on: December 18, 2010, 08:27:51 am »

I don't get it. Why are there wells? Can I drink from them?

konjad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 18, 2010, 09:27:00 am »

yes

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3134 on: December 18, 2010, 09:29:49 am »

yes
-begins licking his monitor-
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 329