Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1215752 times)

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (brightening up the color palette)
« Reply #3495 on: February 25, 2011, 07:28:42 am »

I CAN SEE THE OCEAN! :D

Thanks a bunch, love it ;)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: February 25, 2011, 07:42:59 am »

Maybe I'm blind, or just too sleepy today, but I can't actually find any screenshots of this tileset in use... anywhere! x)

Would greatly appreciate a link to some examples. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: February 25, 2011, 09:35:09 am »

I just jumped on the DFMA, and this was the latest upload. It's not the new brightened set, but otherwise it's pretty recent.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: February 26, 2011, 01:38:07 pm »

Hi, I just wanted to say this graphic set is outstanding. I haven't been playing long and I've only just begun to experiment with packs. I felt that I should master the ASCII first, heh. Great stuff. :)

Just out of interest, is it possible to make the dwarf personality screen use the narrower font from the other screens? I find the wider fancy characters harder to read. No problem if not.

The only real problem I'm having is that on the unit and job screens, the font colour on the highlighted line is always black. That means I can't read what's highlighted unless I move the bar to another line. :/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:43:51 pm by Newbunkle »

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: February 26, 2011, 02:28:15 pm »

You can fix the black text problem by turning TRUE TYPE FONT to NO in data/dinit.txt.
But that will mean that EVERYTHING is displayed with the chunky font instead of the narrow one.

Right now we can't choose what uses TTF fonts and what doesn't. It's either all on or all off.
And all on doesn't actually mean all on yet. We just have to deal with it for now.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: February 27, 2011, 01:04:00 pm »

Hello, Mr Ironhand.

Is the current version that is meant for .19 compatible with .18? Cuz I've been advised to wait for a bug fix before using .19, and I just cannot wait.  :P

And also let me comment on how awesome your dwarf sprites are.  ;)

Kuromimi505

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: February 27, 2011, 06:06:08 pm »

Is the current version that is meant for .19 compatible with .18? Cuz I've been advised to wait for a bug fix before using .19, and I just cannot wait.  :P

Go ahead and play 0.19, just make sure to embark on an area that has 2 metal entries and flux stone and be aware that you STILL might be screwed over on metals. Embark accordingly and hope for shallow copper or iron ore. Don't do beekeeping, and do not make extra nest boxes (keep it equal or less than the number of female birds). Don't hit "V" on named creatures with truetype on. Other than that I think you will be fine.

If you find iron, proceed as normal.

If you find copper, order tin as the highest priority from every caravan. Bronze is not totally sucky now. Make some bronze warhammers.

If you find silver, make silver war hammers and silver crafts to trade for ore. Silver warhammers might not penetrate armor, but if they are flying back 50 feet impacting on a tree with two ruptured lungs, does it matter? You might be stuck with leather armor, but many silver hammer blows are one hit kills now. They even do good in studies against adamantine armor.

Silver: [MOLAR_MASS:107868]
Bronze: [MOLAR_MASS:80000]
Steel:   [MOLAR_MASS:55845]

What hammer do you want to get hit with?

Just don't count on finding more than one type of metal in the ground. Order a variety of ornamental metals, because once you find your first metal you probably won't be finding any others. You may also be only finding one type of gemstone. Order others early. Beware of nobles that like gold or the like even more than normal.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:34:41 pm by Kuromimi505 »

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: February 28, 2011, 04:49:14 pm »

You can fix the black text problem by turning TRUE TYPE FONT to NO in data/dinit.txt.
But that will mean that EVERYTHING is displayed with the chunky font instead of the narrow one.

Right now we can't choose what uses TTF fonts and what doesn't. It's either all on or all off.
And all on doesn't actually mean all on yet. We just have to deal with it for now.

Ah well, I think I'll just leave it as it is. It's still the best pack I've tried, so I'm more than happy with it. Thanks!

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (older versions now available for compatibility)
« Reply #3503 on: February 28, 2011, 05:22:59 pm »

I've been tootling around a bit in Adventure Mode of late, and I noticed a couple of tile inconsistencies.

Tile 34, the double-quote, is the hard-coded symbol for farmland on the adventure map, as well as the glowing eyes of certain creatures.  Right now, though, it's a bunch of woodworking tools (the tile is also used in the carpenter's workshop).  Would you be able to put together a tile that suits all three of its functions?  With a bit of Tile Magic, I bet you could make a pair of short vertical lines into crops, eyes, and tools hanging on a wall.

Tiles 137 (ë) and 154 (Ü) represent military elves and humans, respectively, but appear as ore tiles.  This means that dead human and elven soldiers turn into weird reddish splashes when they die.

Tiles 147 (ô), 148 (ö) and 153 (Ö) represent cauldrons, rings and bracelets, but appear as trees and ore.

Tile 196 (─) looks fine as an axle, but clashes with the other single-line tiles when used as part of a road, river, or border for something.

Tile 239 (∩) represents both hills and slabs, but resembles neither.

Reposting since I think this was missed.

Also, noticed that bogeymen need a change of both tile and graphic.  Right now they're just gems.

kgb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: March 01, 2011, 06:07:34 am »

I hope you don't mind that I uploaded a package to the Arch User Repository that takes your update package and the original dwarf fortress one and combines them for arch linux: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=47014
Everything is downloaded from the original locations.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: March 01, 2011, 10:13:01 am »

That's fine, as long as we get credit.

@Igfig: I didn't miss it.
That is awesome work, and thanks a ton for that list.
If WormSlayer's around, he'll get his hands on it. = P

I really don't have time to worry about it right now, though.
This semester is ridiculous. Ask me again over the summer.

GeorgeDorn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: March 03, 2011, 01:11:59 am »

I have just recently started DF, finally got the feel for everything, but it seems when I save and exit DF, (Using Ironhand) nothing is saved when I come back. Cant find my save files and dont know where they're going
I'm not abandoning my fortress, also.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: March 03, 2011, 10:38:15 am »

They should be in data/save. There should be a folder in there called "region1".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: March 03, 2011, 05:40:37 pm »

They should be in data/save. There should be a folder in there called "region1".
or region2, 3, etc.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (older versions now available for compatibility)
« Reply #3509 on: March 04, 2011, 12:01:50 am »

I've been tootling around a bit in Adventure Mode of late, and I noticed a couple of tile inconsistencies.

Tile 34, the double-quote, is the hard-coded symbol for farmland on the adventure map, as well as the glowing eyes of certain creatures.  Right now, though, it's a bunch of woodworking tools (the tile is also used in the carpenter's workshop).  Would you be able to put together a tile that suits all three of its functions?  With a bit of Tile Magic, I bet you could make a pair of short vertical lines into crops, eyes, and tools hanging on a wall.

Tiles 137 (ë) and 154 (Ü) represent military elves and humans, respectively, but appear as ore tiles.  This means that dead human and elven soldiers turn into weird reddish splashes when they die.

Tiles 147 (ô), 148 (ö) and 153 (Ö) represent cauldrons, rings and bracelets, but appear as trees and ore.

Tile 196 (─) looks fine as an axle, but clashes with the other single-line tiles when used as part of a road, river, or border for something.

Tile 239 (∩) represents both hills and slabs, but resembles neither.

Reposting since I think this was missed.

Also, noticed that bogeymen need a change of both tile and graphic.  Right now they're just gems.

I had indeed missed that post! Still a bit preoccupied with real-world stuff, but will look at those tiles!
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 329