Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1216008 times)

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (New walls! Come get 'em)
« Reply #3750 on: March 29, 2011, 08:12:28 am »

Oh oh, new walls? :D
Anyone mind posting a screenshot? I'm at work right now with no access to DF.

<Also posting to follow>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope the image isnt too large.. And no matter how I try and save it, the image looses quality.. Argh!

Win. My only gripe with this pack was the straight-edged walls.

Honestly, this pack has changed me from "Holy cow this game's ugly" to "Gosh I love my fat little dwarves."

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: March 29, 2011, 08:25:47 am »

Interesting design you got there :) too many stairs for my liking but nice enough. Also there is a diagonal version of the walls which might look a bit better on that screen.

That is the diagnal walls version! :P The floor above is a vast storage area, I find the extra stairs helps them get to/from the stockpiles faster.(though Maybe I should have done 3x1 stairs on the outer edges..)
Quote from: Rushmik
Honestly, this pack has changed me from "Holy cow this game's ugly" to "Gosh I love my fat little dwarves."

I'm loving the new walls and floors too! Great job ironhand & phoebus! Only problem is now im so torn between the two packs :/
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Starlight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • infernusweb.net
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (Come get yer Pandas and capybaras!)
« Reply #3752 on: March 29, 2011, 08:52:26 am »

Notice the crate/"barrel"/%-tile in the stonewall next to the coffin, down in the middle. It's misaligned, too.
That is because I pasted the tomb in the picture from a different Z level using GIMP.. So the % are fine..

I'm exited to see all the great changes to this tileset and diagonal walls and all.. Though I'll stick to square ones I think..

Great work!  ;D
Starlight (Bluelight/infernus)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: March 29, 2011, 09:04:06 am »

Hope the image isnt too large.. And no matter how I try and save it, the image looses quality.. Argh!

Step one: save the image as PNG.

Step two: Read my sig.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: March 29, 2011, 10:54:37 am »

Step one: save the image as PNG.

Step two: Read my sig.
Cheers Japa, picture updated. It's a little better, though the file size is doubled!

Anyone else want to throw up some pictures of the beautiful tileset updates? I feel naked and alone!

@Baughn or Ironhand: Theres an issue with the TTfonts when you save an embark party where the cursor spacing is wrong, like it'll run 2 or 3 spaces ahead, so looks like you've added spaces.. hmm like:
And another one in the trade screen, alot of items prices and weights get offset by bad spacing and the weight symbol is a box. Let me know if you want pictures, could well be a known issue that cant be worked out currently though..
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Durandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: March 29, 2011, 11:00:10 am »

Hi, love this tileset! Finally started playing DF again after a long break, and there are so much to re-learn. Used to use MayDay's tileset, but will use this from now on. But I have a problem with it. Special characters like ò and é does not show up.

As you can see, they show up as a square, and one name there is totally cut off after the missing letter. Whenever there is something with that dwarf in the announcements, the entire line is gone. Anyone know how I can fix this?
I tried my save both in my "tileset only" folder of DF, and a newly downloaded "full download". Can it be a file I need to fix in my save? I do not know much about tilesets, so all help is appreciated really.

MasterofYoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: March 29, 2011, 11:26:19 am »

I also like this tileset quite a bit - the colors and geometry of it are preferable to others I've found. It does have a couple of downsides, however. First can be seen in Durandir's post above - in some lists, whichever entry you have selected is blanked rather than highlighted. The second is snow - it's black and makes me see penguins waddling through drifts of volcanic ash. Otherwise, this is spot-on.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: March 29, 2011, 11:29:13 am »

Hi, love this tileset! Finally started playing DF again after a long break, and there are so much to re-learn. Used to use MayDay's tileset, but will use this from now on. But I have a problem with it. Special characters like ò and é does not show up.

As you can see, they show up as a square, and one name there is totally cut off after the missing letter. Whenever there is something with that dwarf in the announcements, the entire line is gone. Anyone know how I can fix this?
I tried my save both in my "tileset only" folder of DF, and a newly downloaded "full download". Can it be a file I need to fix in my save? I do not know much about tilesets, so all help is appreciated really.
Replace all language_*.txt files, it should fix it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: March 29, 2011, 11:49:58 am »

Is there a purpose for the tile in row 3, column 1 in the tileset? It's just a black box. It makes certain text have annoying black spaces between them. I edited it out, it looks fine and I'm not noticing any ill effects.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: March 29, 2011, 12:54:37 pm »

Is there a purpose for the tile in row 3, column 1 in the tileset? It's just a black box. It makes certain text have annoying black spaces between them. I edited it out, it looks fine and I'm not noticing any ill effects.
That would be the space tile. It's used everywhere in the game.
For some reason Ironhand decided to make the tile pure black instead of transparent. That I do not understand why.
I always keep that tile with the same background as letters for the reason you listed.
Your action should not cause any problems.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: March 29, 2011, 01:05:29 pm »

just as we do say in krautland: "Ironhand und Phoebus, IHR SEID GEILE SÄUE!!!"

i even reconfigure the new diagonal version again to just play 30 min :)

yay

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: March 29, 2011, 01:18:15 pm »

This is a bug in libgraphics, which was fixed in .26
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: March 29, 2011, 01:23:17 pm »

That would be the space tile. It's used everywhere in the game.
For some reason Ironhand decided to make the tile pure black instead of transparent. That I do not understand why.
I always keep that tile with the same background as letters for the reason you listed.
Your action should not cause any problems.

Oh, right. Yeah, it should just be empty.

Thanks for the catch. It'll be updated for the next version.

Eeeeeeeeee, I can't wait for .26! It's gonna be so awesome.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: March 29, 2011, 01:23:51 pm »

Was fixed? .26?
Suddenly, I'm jealous.

Durandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: March 29, 2011, 03:30:30 pm »

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. Waiting for .26 then :D
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 329