Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1215870 times)

diegokilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (new sprites from NW_Kohaku!)
« Reply #4350 on: March 07, 2012, 04:59:14 am »

Few questions:

1) Are you using the vanilla ironhands .zip or have you added/modded in extra content?

2) does the error remain when you turn on/off truetype?

3) what does your errorlog say?

Getting these right now, I tried true-type off and on and it still did it, but i will try again to make sure. I'll edit this post with results...

Edit*
1) I used the file from here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2511 (Also dwarf therapist and soundsense, thats it)

2)With Truetype off, The text stops being completely missing, but runs over the edge of the screen, and instead of punctuation there are random symbols.

3)I don't think this has anything to do with it but here's the error log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:10:53 am by diegokilla »

kgb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: March 07, 2012, 06:31:37 am »

Thanks for your efforts!
Would you please put up an update package for 0.66 too?

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: March 07, 2012, 06:45:08 am »

Getting these right now, I tried true-type off and on and it still did it, but i will try again to make sure. I'll edit this post with results...

Edit*
1) I used the file from here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2511 (Also dwarf therapist and soundsense, thats it)

2)With Truetype off, The text stops being completely missing, but runs over the edge of the screen, and instead of punctuation there are random symbols.

3)I don't think this has anything to do with it but here's the error log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can't replicate your bug at all, but it looks like it is a display issue rather than some corruption of the files. Still, can you try redownloading the pack and running it fresh from the .zip? Never hurts to be thorough. If that doesn't help, what is your standard desktop resolution? I know if you have odd/too small resolutions it can cause graphical glitches in full screen mode, and the fact that truetype off makes the text run over makes me suspicious of this. What happens when you run the game in window mode?

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: March 07, 2012, 10:10:15 am »

Would you please put up an update package for 0.66 too?

.65 should work with DF 0.34.05.

diegokilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: March 07, 2012, 10:13:43 am »

I can't replicate your bug at all, but it looks like it is a display issue rather than some corruption of the files. Still, can you try redownloading the pack and running it fresh from the .zip? Never hurts to be thorough. If that doesn't help, what is your standard desktop resolution? I know if you have odd/too small resolutions it can cause graphical glitches in full screen mode, and the fact that truetype off makes the text run over makes me suspicious of this. What happens when you run the game in window mode?

It continues to do the same thing in windowed mode. And my native is 1920x1080. Re-downloading was actually the first thing I tried before I even posted here :(

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: March 07, 2012, 11:51:48 am »

Oh yeah, the Yak and Water buffalo tiles seems to have been swapped with eachother, not sure if that's unintended as well? ^^

barcibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: March 07, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »

Just started using this tileset and it looks great.  However, my stone jugs sitting in a stockpile look like anvils.  Is it because they're using a temp image?  Edit: also, stone pots look like some sort of vat.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:05:38 pm by barcibus »

diegokilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: March 07, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »

I've been doing some investigation and it seems the people over at Phoebus have been having the same disappearing text issue. So I guess its a vanilla bug :(

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:23 pm »

I've been doing some investigation and it seems the people over at Phoebus have been having the same disappearing text issue. So I guess its a vanilla bug :(

Yeah, I can't replicate it, sorry :-(. I tried changing my screen to the same aspect ratio as yours but it still worked fine. Time for the bug tracker I guess.

Out of interest, does it happen when you disable graphics in the .init? I probably should've asked you to do that in the first place....

diegokilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: March 08, 2012, 01:22:10 am »

Yeah, I can't replicate it, sorry :-(. I tried changing my screen to the same aspect ratio as yours but it still worked fine. Time for the bug tracker I guess.

Out of interest, does it happen when you disable graphics in the .init? I probably should've asked you to do that in the first place....

I hadn't tried that as I try to mess with as little of the .init stuff as possible. However, I ended up generating a new world for various reasons, and after embarking on a new site in this new world, it doesn't seem to happen any more! I've only been playing for about and hour, but will update if it crops up again.

(completely off-topic, anyone know why my dwarves would simply stop using Furniture stockpiles??)

EDIT* By the way, I totally forgot to say thanks for all the help... so... THANKS! :D

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: March 08, 2012, 01:30:47 am »

Just started using this tileset and it looks great.  However, my stone jugs sitting in a stockpile look like anvils.  Is it because they're using a temp image?  Edit: also, stone pots look like some sort of vat.

It's the tiles assigned to them in vanilla.  Toady has jugs using the same tile as anvils, in an ASCII set I think it's just a lower-case sigma (σ) IIRC.  But when you use a graphical set, it will look wierd.  That's the same problem with the pots, they're assigned to the tile for upper-case phi (Φ) just like the traction benches.  I think Toady's picturing them as amphorae or something.  But when you switch to one of the graphics sets, it looks like there are traction benches all over the food stockpiles.

It's easy to fix if you'd like.  Go to the item_tool.txt file in the raws.  Each item will have a line that says [TILE:#].  This tells the game what tile to display for each of the tools.  I have large pots switched to tile 246, this makes them look like barrels rather than a traction bench.  You can do the same thing with the anvils, I had them switched to the same tile as waterskins in 31.25, but I forget what tile that was.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

jak9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: March 08, 2012, 08:23:48 am »

what do the little 'n's and 'V's on the map mean with this mod? (noob to df btw.)

barcibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:54 pm »

It's the tiles assigned to them in vanilla.  Toady has jugs using the same tile as anvils, in an ASCII set I think it's just a lower-case sigma (σ) IIRC.  But when you use a graphical set, it will look wierd.  That's the same problem with the pots, they're assigned to the tile for upper-case phi (Φ) just like the traction benches.  I think Toady's picturing them as amphorae or something.  But when you switch to one of the graphics sets, it looks like there are traction benches all over the food stockpiles.

It's easy to fix if you'd like.  Go to the item_tool.txt file in the raws.  Each item will have a line that says [TILE:#].  This tells the game what tile to display for each of the tools.  I have large pots switched to tile 246, this makes them look like barrels rather than a traction bench.  You can do the same thing with the anvils, I had them switched to the same tile as waterskins in 31.25, but I forget what tile that was.
Ok, thanks.  Why would they look fine in the Phoebus tileset?

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: March 08, 2012, 02:35:49 pm »

Oh, cool. I didn't know it was possible to reassign item tiles.
So I'll be doing a bit of that for the next version, and this'll all get fixed up.

EVENTUALLY, we'll have enough tiles to have separate ones for everything.
Whether that happens first through TTF support or the Shader Printer, I don't know.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #4364 on: March 08, 2012, 02:56:19 pm »

There are literally only five problematic icons left (the rest can be changed in the raws). Maybe we should organize some donation drive to have them freed? :P
<3
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 329