Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1215912 times)

Artanis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)
« Reply #4560 on: May 18, 2012, 07:18:03 am »

All hail the usurper!

Better not be anything more than a regency. :(
Git - fast, efficient, distributed version control system
Github - Free public repositories, issue tracking, wikis, downloads...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: May 18, 2012, 10:36:08 am »

The King is dead. All hail the King.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4562 on: May 18, 2012, 12:12:24 pm »

@goldenshadow: Just a note: About 70% of all the new animal men are missing in the current download. You can start with those and convert them from my kit. If they meet the quality standart that is, I am in no way a graphic designer.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: May 18, 2012, 01:41:00 pm »

Do you have a copy of the graphic sheet with a transprent background?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4564 on: May 18, 2012, 03:09:01 pm »

I sadly do not. Regard me as an interested amateur when it comes to graphics. I just copied the default brown background that Phoebus uses as a background for my sprites.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: May 18, 2012, 03:29:53 pm »

I am resizing them from 16x16 to 18x18. Usually its enough to recenter them in the tile if there is no background. So what I am doing it erasing the background recentering and adding the default ironhand background.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4566 on: May 18, 2012, 03:33:32 pm »

I wasnt aware that ironhand uses different creatures/backgrounds, but once I think about it, sure, makes sense.

Since I do have the ironhand tileset in my mod, but ONLY the tileset, I might have to remodel some things to allow Ironhand sprites as well. Glad that you took it up to you to keep the set updated. :)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: May 18, 2012, 03:46:11 pm »

Actually, that came up in the graphics sharing thread, as well.  :P

As Meph said, though, this thread had several people working on sprites.  I'm fairly sure most of them were already integrated into Ironhand, however.

If you can come up with a list of remaining sprites that need doing (or redoing), then I'm sure that people can start working on them... although I still have a few other graphic projects that I'm still wanting to put at a higher priority.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: May 18, 2012, 03:54:58 pm »

I suppose what needs to be done is to go through the creature raws and check which animals are also present in the graphic raws. Then make a short list of the ones that don't show up twice.

Can you mix 16x16 and 18x18 tilesheets?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: May 18, 2012, 05:43:08 pm »

I suppose what needs to be done is to go through the creature raws and check which animals are also present in the graphic raws. Then make a short list of the ones that don't show up twice.

Can you mix 16x16 and 18x18 tilesheets?

The way that Ironhand did it was to simply cut-and-paste the creatures that had no background onto his creature sheets that were 18x18.

I created my sprites to work for 16x16, but they touch the borders in that, so when put into Ironhand's that means that the creatures will all have at least a 1 pixel border.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4570 on: May 18, 2012, 08:28:38 pm »

You can open your raws with Brad Uffner Raw Explorer and it shows all creatures in a list with the fiiting sprite in front of the ID. Things without sprite = missing sprite. I have a list here, but I must say that I cant really tell what is Vanilla and what are modded creatures.

If you have a list, give me a headsup please :)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: May 18, 2012, 08:39:24 pm »

You can open your raws with Brad Uffner Raw Explorer and it shows all creatures in a list with the fiiting sprite in front of the ID. Things without sprite = missing sprite. I have a list here, but I must say that I cant really tell what is Vanilla and what are modded creatures.

If you have a list, give me a headsup please :)

I wasn't aware of this program. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it should make this whole process much easier.

vertinox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Let's Play Dwarf Fortress (tutuorial) Videos
« Reply #4572 on: May 19, 2012, 12:48:31 am »

Thanks Goldenshadow! I couldn't play DF without Ironhand!

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: May 19, 2012, 04:00:50 am »

As Meph said, though, this thread had several people working on sprites.  I'm fairly sure most of them were already integrated into Ironhand, however.

I know he added your stuff.  But I think he didn't addsome of the fish and marine creature that were in that thread.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Nerfer2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Jack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: May 19, 2012, 07:16:31 pm »

Is Ironhand still updating?
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 329