Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1215949 times)

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)
« Reply #4665 on: January 19, 2013, 03:17:19 pm »

Not at all, GoldenShadow. You are awesome!
Still don't expect any new art... but I'm listening in.

vdpk7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: January 21, 2013, 09:29:36 am »

Is it still possible to download a Ironhand .20 somewhere?
Or any older version will do aswell with this soil and rock tiles.

Thanks

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:35:01 am by vdpk7 »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: January 25, 2013, 02:45:53 am »

It's not that I don't like you. It's just that I like this other girl better. :D

You know what would totally get me back into spriting?
Full graphics support.

Full graphics support is sorely needed. And just wait until you see(or have you already? and your thoughts?) the new multi-tile trees and whole forests with branches etc for the next version, that is going to murder tilesets i would imagine.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: January 25, 2013, 11:16:22 am »

Full graphics support is sorely needed.
A man can dream.
Quote from: Intrinsic
multi-tile trees and whole forests with branches etc for the next version, that is going to murder tilesets i would imagine.
Honestly, I don't think it will be that bad. It will just use the wall tiles, which in most tilesets are already used as both walls and roads on the map. It's not that different from trunks and branches.
And all the tree tiles are freed up, so you can use them as leaf tiles. And on the map, having leafs represent forests is still acceptable, I think.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

tunio6538

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: February 19, 2013, 10:08:26 am »

Hi i got one proposal on one way track, now its looks like chairs and other furniture, im bad designer but i have one idea. Maybe its possible to made track where bars looks like arrows? What do u think about it  ?.
its simple  sketch:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: February 21, 2013, 09:36:44 am »

I don't think there are enough tiles to do this.

tunio6538

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: February 25, 2013, 03:08:31 am »

Could u explain it ? Do u mean there is a limit of tiles to use ? And if u can explain how it works, u fit tile to item or game automaticaly match them ?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:14:41 am by tunio6538 »

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: February 25, 2013, 06:02:41 am »

Hi Ironhand:) Hope you have a good time - RL is way better than a game;) But getting back to our camels - for some reason doors look fine then made from wood and then made from metal are looking like metal bars - 3 horizontal lines. Is it hardcoded in vanilla to use other tile for metal doors? I couldn't find what's the problem and how to fix it:) If you have some advice i would gladly change the tileset with TileGenie myself (i done that already for some stones and walls, but i never touched door tile).

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: February 25, 2013, 11:57:22 am »

I believe certain things are hard coded to use certain tiles. Check the wiki.  http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Tilesets

Rinick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ironhand16
« Reply #4674 on: February 26, 2013, 12:46:02 am »

Honestly, I don't think it will be that bad. It will just use the wall tiles, which in most tilesets are already used as both walls and roads on the map. It's not that different from trunks and branches.
And all the tree tiles are freed up, so you can use them as leaf tiles. And on the map, having leafs represent forests is still acceptable, I think.

The wall tiles in Ironhand tiles are not suitable for trunks, at least we need to make them round corner.
Ironhand16:  16x16 version of Ironhand's Graphic Set + Phoebus creature graphics

seristal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: February 27, 2013, 01:29:19 pm »

If I download Ironhand, and then the "unofficial" 0.34.11 update, do I have to delete the graphics and raws from the 0.34.07 update?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:20:13 pm by seristal »

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: March 02, 2013, 06:49:06 am »

Very nice tilesets here. But the engravings look rather strange, I engraved a pillar and then have a "dead dwarf" sprite (or a diamond) instead of that : http://i56.tinypic.com/6elxeo.png . Is it normal ?

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: March 02, 2013, 09:41:12 am »

in d_init.txt, what is your [PILLAR_TILE:199] It should be set to 199

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: March 02, 2013, 10:01:58 am »

Very nice tilesets here. But the engravings look rather strange, I engraved a pillar and then have a "dead dwarf" sprite (or a diamond) instead of that : http://i56.tinypic.com/6elxeo.png . Is it normal ?

That sounds like you have Obscure Engravings turned off in your init files.

You can tell DF to obscure engravings in a particular area with one of the designate commands, but I forget which one it is.

jez9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: April 27, 2013, 05:06:49 am »

Hi, I'm just starting out in Dwarf Fortress and I way prefer the Ironhand graphics so I'm using them.  :)  The trouble is, it can indeed be very hard to figure out what each symbol means, especially in Choose Fortress Location mode.  Is there a map legend that says what the ASCII equivalent of each Ironhand symbol is?  It might be a nice idea to make one, if not, for noobs like me.  Otherwise I have to keep switching between ASCII and Ironhand to figure out what the Ironhand symbol means (it may look nicer but that doesn't always make it obvious).
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 329