Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Indie Royale  (Read 13013 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Indie Royale
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2011, 04:29:23 am »

I don't really feel like paying (or playing, really) for point-at click adventure games anymore. I stopped liking them.

This guy makes a good explanation on why: http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/77.html
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2011, 04:55:44 am »

I don't really feel like paying (or playing, really) for point-at click adventure games anymore. I stopped liking them.

This guy makes a good explanation on why: http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/77.html

Yeah, sloppy adventure games with convoluted puzzles are bad. Nobody needs a yellow and lime-green texted article to figure that out. I almost disowned the genre that one time I had to use an inflatable duck, a clamp, tape, and a clothesline to get a key off a subway rail. But that doesn't mean that good point-and-click games have stopped being made.

That said, a mildly interesting adventure game isn't enough incentive for me to shell out for this bundle. Maybe next time, indie royale.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2011, 08:59:38 am »

Huh. Not surprising they wanted people to preorder if this is what they were going to sell.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2011, 09:25:27 am »

Yeah. I was rather skeptical about the preorder thing from the start (particularily because preorders were relatively expensive, when compared with the HiB in particular).

TBH the whole thing in general is more expensive than the games warrant, TBH. I might have been willing to pay maybe two or three bucks -not €.- for the second bundle they released (the one which had a space shooter that actually ran on linux), but the ones that came afterwards I was not interested at all.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2012, 04:26:50 pm »

There's a new pack out: The Serious Sam Pack. It includes the HD versions of the first two SS games and the three weird Indie tie-in games that came out last year (Double-D, The Random Encounter, and Kamikaze Attack)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27:35 pm »

Worth buying?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2012, 07:22:29 pm »

Way to go Indie Royale! Finally a bundle that I'm excited to buy rather than one I begrudgingly shell out for. I've had a hankering for a classic FPS lately too. Dem wacky Indie ones look fun too.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2012, 09:38:22 am »

Rise...

MAIN INDIE ROYALE THREAD TURN ON!
GO ZIG!

The All-Charity Pack

Osmos, B.U.T.T.O.N., The Shivah, Blueberry Garden

I got it mainly for Osmos and Blueberry Garden. The Shivah looks like a decent enough Adventuregamestudio game... B.U.T.T.O.N. just seems freaking stupid.

Didn't want to create a brand new thread, what's the point of having separate threads for each pack if we don't get notified? :D

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2012, 09:46:40 am »

I own Osmos and nothing else looks or sounds good.

/thread

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2012, 09:52:18 am »

Indeed, Osmos is the only one that looks interesting and I picked that up ages ago. I suppose that it is to be expected that at this stage you are going to be getting repeats of games from all of the various indie packs.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]