Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 88381 times)

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (11/11) Day 1 Looking for a replacement.
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2016, 11:51:12 pm »

No Lynch

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (11/11) Day 1 Looking for a replacement.
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2016, 04:02:14 am »

Blargh so PFP because thesisworks is until September due to FInal Defense and I've been putting more effort into that lately. It's more because of our 6 days of class rather than anything else impeding my productivity on the forum. :P But this is WEEKEND! \o/ And I've no class on Monday because of awesome-Holiday.

No Lynch

someone could always inspect me. If you think that there is a vig, there almost certainly is a cop as well.
What brings that entailment around?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (11/11) Starting Now
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2016, 09:54:58 am »

"I see you guys want a break.  That's fine wouldn't want you to rush this or anything like that."

Votecount:

FallacyofUrist (1) - Jack A.T.
No Lynch 6 - Tiruin, GayArchaea, BlackHeartKabal, Oragamiscienceguy, Juicebox, FallacyofUrist

6 to hammer

The day is over in 8 minutes so if you want to post something you have 8 minutes.  Otherwise you have 24 hours to send in your night actions.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (11/11) Day 2.
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2016, 12:07:51 pm »

Day 2

"Well I'd welcome you back but as we are all most certainly aware one of us is dead.  We have reviewed the body and determined that he was most certainly not one of the infiltrators, please pick someone to lynch today."

Griffinpup was murdered during the night, he was part of the town

Spoiler: Roleflip (click to show/hide)

6 votes to hammer
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (11/11) Day 2 well here's your info
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2016, 12:22:35 pm »

Heh. Multi-cop setup, at least two with the same cop power name and flavour.  Excellent.

Sorry about not being here end of D1.  Overheated and exhausted after the car ride back, needed to recover.

Anyway, Good news, everyone!  Tiruin is scum, and the scum just helped me confirm my power!

Last night, I inspected Tiruin for three main reasons:
*She's generally tough to read.
*She was the strongest supporter of throwing away a lynch opportunity.
*She was oddly withdrawn, not really engaging with anyone.

Turns out she's scum.

As for my role claim, here it is:
Spoiler: My claim (click to show/hide)
Also, remember when I linked to an image back in early D1 (look near the end of the post)?  Well, fillipk was serious about the small ruleset.  I asked him whether a little bit of steganography was okay.  He said yes.

My role claim is also in a text file within the image I linked to.  This proves that all elements, particularly the teacher flavour and the Read Mind power, were in place back in early D1.  You can use OpenPuff to extract it.  Download the image, download OpenPuff (no install required), open it, click "Unhide", disable passwords B and C, enter "townwins" (no quotation marks) as password A, add the image as a carrier (bottom left corner), and click Unhide (bottom right corner).

I'll get back to the chat with Fallacy/the answering of those questions later, but it's morning over here and I'm tired.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2016, 01:07:05 pm »

DISCLAIMER -- this post rendered invalid if disclaimer is tampered or broken.

Heh. Multi-cop setup, at least two with the same cop power name and flavour.  Excellent.

Sorry about not being here end of D1.  Overheated and exhausted after the car ride back, needed to recover.

Anyway, Good news, everyone!  Tiruin is scum, and the scum just helped me confirm my power!

Last night, I inspected Tiruin for three main reasons:
*She's generally tough to read.

Turns out she's scum.

As for my role claim, here it is:
Spoiler: My claim (click to show/hide)
Also, remember when I linked to an image back in early D1 (look near the end of the post)?  Well, fillipk was serious about the small ruleset.  I asked him whether a little bit of steganography was okay.  He said yes.

My role claim is also in a text file within the image I linked to.  This proves that all elements, particularly the teacher flavour and the Read Mind power, were in place back in early D1.  You can use OpenPuff to extract it.  Download the image, download OpenPuff (no install required), open it, click "Unhide", disable passwords B and C, enter "townwins" (no quotation marks) as password A, add the image as a carrier (bottom left corner), and click Unhide (bottom right corner).

I'll get back to the chat with Fallacy/the answering of those questions later, but it's morning over here and I'm tired.

Oh my goodness. This is amazing.
Jack A T, you have fallen for my trap card, for it is YOU that is the scum!
(Also if I get mislynched, scum basically know I'm a cop--I've checked TDS, they're town)
And to think I was checking this thread offline and saw someone post. "yay someone posted! ... O_O WOaaah. That first post."

Kudos however, I respect the format of your post and the reasoning behind it to divulge what best you think can make it appear credible :3 That's why I did not choose you to be inspected as my N1, but TDS! (Ok, part of why I targeted him was the ol' stigma of him surviving past N1 being scum. And it has happened so many times I'm like a fish with him :v but I was also tired. Anyway.)
Now, first point:
--My role is a teacher, so in "counter"claiming, I'm bringing up loopholes in your own.
> Two skills; one being a cop role. The bare reason why I kept going all O_o woah why is everyone claiming numbers of their abilities is because I only have one ability. That is me being a COP myself.
> I'm fully ready to condemn that post because given the delicateness of the game, scum are at a high advantage in keeping themselves unknown--this impression is lead given the ubiquitous nature as seen in discussing D1, along with having a constructive mindset given the number of people speculating upon the game and how to correlate their leads in achieving any headway. As a bloody cop myself, even if I had targeted scum, I would not be so...forthright in claiming it as my first order of action in the morrow.

All Town, bear in mind that this is a delicate situation that I deeply suggest should end in the lynch of either I, or Jack A T. I would not suggest anyone else ability claim as to what they did unless it is connected to either of us. (I'll be grumpy if you're mafia-ally in the least :I) Or, y'know, do claim if you think it's ok and exposes more information -- The reasoning behind this is due to several factors:
> It's exposed, if one would believe my viewpoint instead of Jack, that there are scum watchers or whatever-that-causes-you-to-know-someone-else's-ROLE. My power only knows ALIGNMENT.
-- Why I propose such a curious motive is because of how direct this accusation is. In my position as a cop, I'd not be so forward and instead probe the field (ie test the waters, go under a guise like "act as watcher when I'm actually a cop"), but noting the importance of such a post of Jack's, he's going straight out in a fatalistic gambit. (And I dearly hope that MOD/GM posts can't be edited to bloody roleflip hilarity -_-)
Fillipk: Contingency question here. Are you susceptible to edit your own posts, not by your volition?
While my post in return may 'merely' go along a response to his post--it's a post of one being able to see what's going on. Scum in this form, in context of games like these, are dynamic and broad in their potential, however there is at least a general pattern of movement by how which targets of importance are treated. I am of the belief that I was targeted last night.

I would like you to back this up. :3 Support this on your inspection and why this draws interest, as compared to all the other players, o' "cop".
Because I do daresay, using an image as a leading-note in order to carry on details of a skeleton plan is a very creative task.

Do it soon. I delight the prospect of you adding superficial burden to your efforts in trying to appear town. Although currently what I presume it's an impression battle (ie People checking our posts and deciding, adding in the element of other people also acting as of yesterday), now that I'm assured of your motives I will delight in wordplay with you, good sir.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Looks like transcribing for my thesis and awake at 2am gives me nice shivers to see such an affront being presented :3
I look forward to the coming day in dueling with you, Jack.
Also extend

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2016, 01:23:29 pm »

Are you susceptible to edit your own posts, not by your volition?
Maybe

Also no need to extend

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2016, 01:39:44 pm »

DISCLAIMER -- this post rendered invalid if disclaimer is tampered or broken. An additional to the earlier note--the post logo shall also be changed as accordance with my earlier note of how to determine this 'seal of proof...ing. I forgot the name ok? :I'. Any change to the logo of my post equals tampering.

Initiative is very important with these kinds of things--the one who can bring up the most information will have a foothold with other people--especially in making fakeclaims.

But here's some notes fueled by early morning anxiety (haaah, I'm now connecting my anxiety with knowing how it works \o/), giddyness, and shivering because of that anxiety.

Did a re-read and noted that griffinpup is particularly the same as me, minus 'self-defense'. -_- [Am I a vanilla given all that? Because that's my only one power. :v].
Ok so on me poking about the implication and delicateness of these claims--I'm under the impression that I was the only cop and at the time of my post previously, did NOT READ the day start post (because of two major things--normal forum format per page having 15 posts per page. I was offline, saw the FG&RP area, then saw 'Jack A T, Mind Reading Mafia' and was delighted that it started up--Jack's post was the first of the new page. Second being: It was an attack against me that serves as a direct way of going about Mafia, it grabbed my attention before I checked anything else). Meaning that: Wow I thought I was the only cop :v Then I saw Jack and his 'multi-cop', then wondered all of what I said back there that 'woah maybe my role was watched or investigated?'--all part of the impression on the multi-cop note, and a reflexive action at that; I acted on impulse to denounce the claim and move forward with my own, as in normal vanilla games that aren't BMs, cop claims are very impactful and important (which is how I read my role at the start--which is why my playstyle is acting covert).

That said, next point:
[...]
[...
The next few paragraphs will be in the mindset of be only seeing Jack A T's post with regard to the conditions mentioned above (as in I didn't read the day start and stuff :v)

Personally, the wording is deliberately constructed. Going back to my post--why would anyone have to confirm their own powers when it's in place ever since? One cannot have their ROLE PM be edited as far as I know, and on that matter which is...particularly why I was busy thinking 'maybe I got role scanned?' >_> Grr my tiredness.
Next is on the casualness in how it is delivered. If I was a cop with a guilty result--I'd handle it with care, especially given the context of the setup, given many unknowns and the utter potential of being a cop.
You don't just leave your vote and outward accusation that someone else is scum while ROLECLAIMING and expect it to gain momentum; you fight for it, you discuss, you also branch out to your secondary suspicions from that point (partly why I prodded that FoU thing). Moreover, you back up your standing reasons for why you investigated that fellow by providing details towards furthering that cause. Like why these reasons make sense.
While looking back, my own are also under that standard of thinking--it's more based on metaknowledge and the like, and my reasoning being wholly connected to my targeting explained concisely here -- there is a sense of incompleteness in Jack's; there's the very subtle notation of terms versed in extremes to lead on the notion of certainty, and informality/relaxedness: "Proving, Confirm, Good news, Turns out"

A real, experienced cop isn't necessarily going to go for that kind of behavior when they get a 'valid' mark. Jack is a very experienced player (and someone I do respect a lot), but it is also inasfar from my perspective, his downfall. In a game filled with mystique like this, it is not something I'd particularly believe...if I wasn't the one being attacked directly. :v

Although now that I've re-read, considering the prospect that other people are cops too is a good thing. I can die a martyr, for the price of one scumbag.

Are you susceptible to edit your own posts, not by your volition?
Maybe

Also no need to extend
I blame me thinking about the BM thinking about extensions :v
Anyway. ...This is annoying with that maybe, but it at least means that you did not say No.
fillipk: Are your posts able to be affected by player abilities?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2016, 01:44:38 pm »

DISCLAIMER -- this post rendered invalid if disclaimer is tampered or broken. An additional to the earlier note--the post logo shall also be changed as accordance with my earlier note of how to determine this 'seal of proof...ing. I forgot the name ok? :I'. Any change to the logo of my post equals tampering.

Anyway to add to that thinking--why I'm going about that logo thing is because the idea of this edit power is like "You are forced to change 'section {x} highlighted (probably in color)' of {linked post y}." I do believe there is nothing about editing powers that limit what ELSE you can edit. :3 (humorously, I find myself thinking of the clause "You cannot edit the logo on that post.", but I doubt those exist thanks to the re-read)

fillipk: Can you set the color for poking you to Orange? :v I'm using Darklight, which is not what most people use and I can get purple being very visible. Darklight is the upper boards coloring setup so the background is dark grey. :P

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2016, 01:47:06 pm »

If the ability says it can effect my posts it can effect my posts, also if I give the player permission via pm.

fillipk: Can you set the color for poking you to Orange? :v I'm using Darklight, which is not what most people use and I can get purple being very visible. Darklight is the upper boards coloring setup so the background is dark grey. :P
Poke me with whatever, I just put purple because it's easier for me to see, just not red.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2016, 01:52:33 pm »

Said disclaimer also applies here :v
Although thinking through Jack's note--there's also the chance that he is pretty much valid, that what he's saying is true...and there's a bloody framer going around.

I forgot the term here and a 'framer' is my own term for 'person who acts on another person--this person will inspect as 'mafia' tonight'. Obviously contextualized to this game.

Jack: Further queries to you--what impulses drove you to make a post such as that, worded in such a manner, and why do you full claim given the unnecessary utility of a fullclaim in deference towards poking someone else as scum?
Actually why did you fullclaim too?

If the ability says it can effect my posts it can effect my posts, also if I give the player permission via pm.
Maaaan. :I This game. Love it. I:

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2016, 02:02:24 pm »

holy shit. Day two and two cop claims accusing each other of being scum. I won't comment on that for now until Jack has a chance to respond, but I do think it is odd that GriffenPup was lynched. I only see two reasons why someone would kill him, given he was inactive the entire game.

1. To save Fillipk the trouble of finding a replacement,

2. Just randomly flipping a coin.

I don't think it has anything to do with his role, because it isn't that dangerous even if scum somehow knew what it was. This game doesn't really have any newbies who would choose option 2, so I suppose it was option 1, which unfortunately doesn't garner much info.

Also, Tiruin, clean up your freaking tabs.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2016, 02:14:48 pm »

holy shit. Day two and two cop claims accusing each other of being scum. I won't comment on that for now until Jack has a chance to respond, but I do think it is odd that GriffenPup was lynched. I only see two reasons why someone would kill him, given he was inactive the entire game.
Err...terms.
Also he could've been killed for activity :O A general rule is that activity is the lifeblood of a game--as to be taught in the BM later on, activity is a sole rule that is akin to equality; it may seem to favor sides because the one not participating is one less active person to be mindful of, but this is also a social game and thus it affects others alongside them. Inactivity is also a possibility for being killed.

Also, Tiruin, clean up your freaking tabs.
I'm reading nice things which have my interests in mechanics of gaming and governing-themes, thank you very much. :P I like how people write stories, in that they're touching and humane.

OSG, why are you speculating on the kill and what does that achieve in your eyes?

holy shit. Day two and two cop claims accusing each other of being scum. I won't comment on that for now until Jack has a chance to respond, but I do think it is odd that GriffenPup was lynched.[...]
I mean, you've other ideas other than these two main ones, aye? :P
The context is this--I'm being attacked by being scum; the unknown variable is if I really am one, and that is assumed to be Jack's foundation. I make my 'counter' case in order to present available information that will help me/my cause. I'm both of the idea that his behavior is...curious, albeit this doesn't necessarily mean he's scum given my awkward revelation that wow more than 2 people can be cops :v so hence my latest proposal of a bloody framer, who if in existence may be giddy with hilarity at what's happening right now. That's as far as I can see the many implications of this (or y'know, I'm scum and all that. That's also valid w/ Jack telling the truth.)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2016, 03:18:11 pm »

I just noticed that Griffenpup was inactive the entire day, so I thought it was odd that he ended up dead night too. If this was a beginners game, I would suspect a beginner for doing so, but this definately is not. I guess I can't be jumping to conclusions without enough evidence.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2016, 04:21:36 pm »

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Tiruin: You seem confused.  You're not the hero here.  You're a member of a criminal organization that generally tends towards a Sicilian membership, and you are flooding the thread with guesses about my planning and motives while missing the key element to my approach.  You're not Montoya.  You're Vizzini, and I, for one, am perfectly willing to go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line.  This is particularly true when the iocane powder's in both cups.

See, here's the thing: odds are that I came into this day a dead man walking.  I'm quite experienced, but not a top-tier player.  In this game, that still gives me quite a target on my back, and I was already expecting to be dead by the start of D3.  With that in mind, my life doesn't really matter to me all that much.  Hence calmness.  Certainty?  Mafia result, millers claim D1, and framers in N1 are designated nightkillers (well, designated NKers almost all of the time, but N1 especially).

At the end of the day, one of us will be dead.  If you, that's one scum less to deal with.  If me, you die very soon after: one scum less to deal with.  Your lynch today would be better than mine, but really, the difference is pretty small.  I don't really care all that much which one of us dies today.  So, yes, my behaviour is pretty suicidal.  All things considered, I don't see my life as all that important to my faction, I see your life as quite important to your faction (ah, the town-scum life value balance...), and so I am perfectly happy to even throw my life away to cost you your own.

Good luck with your thesis, by the way.

I would like you to back this up. :3 Support this on your inspection and why this draws interest, as compared to all the other players, o' "cop".
Because I do daresay, using an image as a leading-note in order to carry on details of a skeleton plan is a very creative task.
Meh.
First point: looking back, slightly misremembered.  You were only one of the foremost backers and the main organizer, not the strongest supporter.  Still organized a no lynch for what was the very near future, with basically no chance of a lynch coming together.  Popular plan for some reason, but it let the scum control the first death.
Second point: Look back through your D1 activity.   No effort to create major issues of discussion, and no engagement with the major issues of discussion/the few votes and declarations of suspicion that came up D1.  Lots of requests for more posts, but almost no questions that weren't either asking about the rules or asking for info you missed when reading.  It hit the point where I intended to, when back from vacation, ask you (as well as juicebox) for your opinions on a set of significant issues of the time.  Then I was exhausted and stuff.

Jack: [...] and why do you full claim given the unnecessary utility of a fullclaim in deference towards poking someone else as scum?
Actually why did you fullclaim too?
Honestly, I mostly just wanted to get some value out of that steganography before my death.

OSG: Why Friday no-lynch?  Also, let's hear your comment on the coppery mess today.

Fallacy: Let's look back a bit.
Let me get this straight:
*You almost dismiss the chance of OSG telling the truth (something not all that hard to balance, honestly).
*Your potential reasons for him to lie range from the almost reasonable (attract everyone's the scum's attention) to the silly (Jester not imitating inept scum, but instead just claiming to have seven powers thinking the general public would come together to hammer for that and not adjusting his strategy when it failed).
*You leaned 50%/50% town/third on OSG as a result.
*You much prefer a third party lynch to no lynch.
*You did nothing to back up what you saw as a rather likely third party lynch, and little to argue for one.  Even when an OSG lynch supporter came along, you sat back and let the group-set deadline fly by.  No last-ditch effort to at least lynch a third.  Just...shambling towards nothing.

Why didn't you seriously argue for an OSG lynch in that situation?
Green point two: Argument based on... tone. Uh huh.
I'm not sure what this corresponds to in your markings, but you act as if tone is irrelevant.  Please explain.  (Please clarify in general, honestly.)
Jack A T: Please construct an argument from my perspective on why you and TDS are the scum team.
Jack A T, TheDarkStar: If you have not given out the number of your powers, please do so.
TheDarkStar: Do you think that from my perspective, it might be a bit suspicious that you and Jack have echoed each other's votes?
In order:
*Why should I?
*Done that now.
*What is the purpose of this question?
I note with amusement that TDS was active without answering the two questions to him here, and that you proceeded to interact with him without trying to get him to respond.  Please tell me why you cared so little about those two questions?

TDS: Why didn't you answer the above questions to you?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48