Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pointless Profanity  (Read 1890 times)

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pointless Profanity
« on: February 14, 2012, 12:06:47 pm »

So I got this idea floating around in my head for a few days now. I thought I would wait for the new release to come up to spice it up a little.
Basically its about feces.
I know It has been discussed to death and back, but for some horrible reason I like this idea a lot.

So breath attacks are now controllable, right? And you can add virtually any material? And we now have material rain?
I dont think I have to say more than that. I feel disgusted amazed by myself now.
Sadly Im waaaaay too bad at modding, so would someone be willing to break all established rules of morality and do this?

.... I think I will now go wash my brain or something ....

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Pointless Profanity
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »

Er... riiiight. Issues:

1. You'd be able to do it whenever. Ok, there'd be a cooldown, but still.
2. The ai would have to be told to do it only when attacking, greeting, or fleeing... ;) unless we've found some other tags.
3. What. The. Armok.
4. Oh, It'd have no other effects too.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:17:01 pm »

1. You'd be able to do it whenever. Ok, there'd be a cooldown, but still.
2. The ai would have to be told to do it only when attacking, greeting, or fleeing... ;) unless we've found some other tags.

Thats partly intentional ;) Before I knew the attacks are controllable now I imagined enemies randomly "loosing their shit" in battle and that really made me crack up.
You could also add it as a reaction... "...craft turd..."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 12:25:58 pm »

Make a poop material and tool and add LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS to dwarves. Make a special nest box tool called a "Toilet". Presto your dwarves now poop in the toilet.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 12:28:01 pm »

A will continue to sit on it forever I bet. Also, surely the toilets will be stolen by chickens. This won't work. I think there are reasons why it's not in the game. ;P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:28:17 pm »

Make a poop material and tool and add LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS to dwarves. Make a special nest box tool called a "Toilet". Presto your dwarves now poop in the toilet.

Can they eat the poop?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 12:33:16 pm »

A will continue to sit on it forever I bet. Also, surely the toilets will be stolen by chickens. This won't work. I think there are reasons why it's not in the game. ;P
They run off if they have any other job to do. If idle they sit there after "going". I actually did mod this thing. Yes, could make the "poop" edible, not hard, i didn't go quite that far, but there's no real obstacle.

To solve the chicken problem, the toilet cubicles should have an non-pet-passable door. Dwarves will try and poop in nest-boxes unfortunately.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 12:43:29 pm »

And we now have material rain?

What, you want it randomly raining diarrhea on your poor dwarves?  :(

I lolled.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Fredson

• Bay Watcher