Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 196184 times)

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #465 on: July 06, 2014, 04:17:41 am »

I never use burrows anyway, so that couldn't be it. Are science-discoveries considered finished goods for the sake of stockpiling?

Also, for my last world, I played as dwarves and also set their "skills" in the GUI to "2". The starting 7 had 2 levels in all military skills, one of the migrant waves had only 1 level though.
Maybe it was just my imagination, but I think, because of this setting the dwarves arrived with less regular labour-levels.

Does anyone have experience regarding that?

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 06, 2014, 06:28:56 am »

I found a bug, but I'm not sure if it's a vanilla bug. I assigned some steelclad cragtooth boars to my captain of the guard. He was mauled by some 'Angry Deep One's and died, but his animals just stayed in the same spot. Even after i buried him they still said they were owned by him and stood in the same spot. Havent had any luck trying to re-assign them to someone else either. Is there a way to make them owned by nobody?

No I do not think you can assign them to anyone once they had a master. They are like pets (have only 1 master) and after that point not much use of. Them standing in one spot is a bug I think, you can still try to chain them or pasture somewhere to make some use of them, or butcher for meat if you have such option. My personal advice would be pasture boars on the grate built on a lava pit, turn the leaver and make a sacrifice to the lava gods :).

Koggenmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 06, 2014, 07:18:12 am »

I have 2 questions about siege operators:

-Do blind siege operators still reload as fast as siege operators with intact eyes?
-Is it possible to make a reaction, which makes dwarves blind?

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 06, 2014, 07:53:46 am »

The wiki says a blind dwarf will "suffer a severe drop in the quality of his work", and that reloading time depends n the skill of the operator, so my guess is yes.

As an easy test, would removing the eyes from the raws of all or some dwarven castes result in a large population of blind dwarves for a research fort?
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 06, 2014, 07:55:13 am »

I never use burrows anyway, so that couldn't be it. Are science-discoveries considered finished goods for the sake of stockpiling?

Also, for my last world, I played as dwarves and also set their "skills" in the GUI to "2". The starting 7 had 2 levels in all military skills, one of the migrant waves had only 1 level though.
Maybe it was just my imagination, but I think, because of this setting the dwarves arrived with less regular labour-levels.

Does anyone have experience regarding that?

I don't think they're supposed to be stockpiled anymore, but if you're a version or two behind the current release then it is possible that happened. I don't recall what affect this has in terms of whether the discovery can be used in the building.

Maybe set your record keeping to highest accuracy then look in the stock menu with the dfhack-powered search option ({z}status-stocks-{tab}-{s}earch).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:57:53 am by Niveras »

Koggenmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 06, 2014, 08:46:45 am »

The wiki says a blind dwarf will "suffer a severe drop in the quality of his work", and that reloading time depends n the skill of the operator, so my guess is yes.

As an easy test, would removing the eyes from the raws of all or some dwarven castes result in a large population of blind dwarves for a research fort?

The problem is: I don't know how to remove body parts from creatures in the raws  :(
If blind siege operators are just as good in reloading, plus they don't run away, it would be nice to integrate a new (blind) caste to make siege engines more effective.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 06, 2014, 09:47:34 am »

You can rune-engrave armour at the rune armoury to make the wearer fearless, then put your siege operators in an inactive squad with said armour equipped.

On the other hand, finding a way of reliably blinding a dwarf, then testing his ability to operate a ballista, wuld make for a wonderful science thread over on the main forum... :)
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Koggenmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 06, 2014, 10:11:35 am »

I already tested the rune-engraving. The steel rune engraving which gives [NOFEAR] doesn't work, because [NOFEAR] only (as I read) prevents soldiers from fleeing in battle and doesn't works on civilians.  :'(
But some FB use blinding syndromes in their special ability. Shouldn't it be possible with itemsyndrome to make a rune which makes the
wearer blind?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 06, 2014, 10:19:09 am »

is Titan Sickness?

How long does it last?

Seems to be an "ailment" that I can see in DT, and causes me dwarf's to be unconscious.  I thought it was forever, but one of my legendary dwarfs just popped back into consciousness.

Hrmm, I see that it's a vanilla syndrome...

How does one build a golemforge, doesn't seem to be listed in the forge menu, I researched the required paperwork at the researcher's library, but I can't seem to find an actual "golem forge" to build.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:23:21 am by thistleknot »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 06, 2014, 10:23:05 am »

Does anyone know if you can dfhack cure a person of disease? Don't want to use it on my own, need to keep wagons from dying from illness and causing sieges...
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 06, 2014, 10:35:17 am »

I believe there is a way to cure with gaia's garden.

There used to be a workshop back in v3 I believe that let you repair any dwarf, but I can't seem to find it now.  Might have been removed due to balance issues?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:37:17 am by thistleknot »

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 06, 2014, 11:11:18 am »

How does one build a golemforge, doesn't seem to be listed in the forge menu, I researched the required paperwork at the researcher's library, but I can't seem to find an actual "golem forge" to build.

The golemforge requires magma, so it won't show up on the build menu until you find some.

If you type "feature list" into DFHack, then "feature show x", where x is the number next to "(the subterranean water, type magma_core_from_layer)", all of the magma-specific workshops will be shown on the build menu.

Does anyone know if you can dfhack cure a person of disease?

"Fullheal" may work.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 06, 2014, 12:02:36 pm »

is there a [mw] building I can build to heal my infected dwarf (right ankle is infected).

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 06, 2014, 12:15:32 pm »

I know the GUI launcher states Meph takes no responsibility for it, but I still have to complain about the Plant Variety option and how poorly it's integrated mechanically. Processing plants to leaves and threads works fine, actually, because they're hardcoded in, but the screw press, quern, and toxicologist's shop only have reactions for semi-vanilla plants, with no options for the new plants. Most of those I can work around; I can still take extracts at the still and farmer's workshop, and using the new poisons requires only that I add some reaction_class tags, but the quern is a problem, which is why I made/altered this reaction to take any millable plants. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work right, it just produces "powder" and "seeds". Help?
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MILL_PLUMP_HELMET]
[NAME:Mill general plants to powder]
[BUILDING:QUERN:CUSTOM_J]
-BUILDING:MILLSTONE:CUSTOM_K-
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CUSTOM_MILL]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 06, 2014, 01:32:41 pm »

I know the GUI launcher states Meph takes no responsibility for it, but I still have to complain about the Plant Variety option and how poorly it's integrated mechanically. Processing plants to leaves and threads works fine, actually, because they're hardcoded in, but the screw press, quern, and toxicologist's shop only have reactions for semi-vanilla plants, with no options for the new plants. Most of those I can work around; I can still take extracts at the still and farmer's workshop, and using the new poisons requires only that I add some reaction_class tags, but the quern is a problem, which is why I made/altered this reaction to take any millable plants. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work right, it just produces "powder" and "seeds". Help?
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MILL_PLUMP_HELMET]
[NAME:Mill general plants to powder]
[BUILDING:QUERN:CUSTOM_J]
-BUILDING:MILLSTONE:CUSTOM_K-
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CUSTOM_MILL]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]

Don't use Plant Variety or Tree Variety. Fixed. Its off by default for a reason. Not actually sure why it hasn't already been removed when it became incompatible with Masterwork. And from what I remember, the SKILL:PRESSING or some such reaction on the quern was actually the valnilla milling plants reaction renamed. Using that should make the extra plants work.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 92