Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 196148 times)

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #480 on: July 06, 2014, 02:31:38 pm »

Don't use Plant Variety or Tree Variety. Fixed. Its off by default for a reason. Not actually sure why it hasn't already been removed when it became incompatible with Masterwork. And from what I remember, the SKILL:PRESSING or some such reaction on the quern was actually the valnilla milling plants reaction renamed. Using that should make the extra plants work.
Dammit. I was afraid of that; apart from the problems with milling the new plants, I quite like this fort. Ah well, on to the next fort.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 06, 2014, 05:25:36 pm »

I believe there is a way to cure with gaia's garden.

There used to be a workshop back in v3 I believe that let you repair any dwarf, but I can't seem to find it now.  Might have been removed due to balance issues?
Tavern should do it. Have him spend a month as a bard.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 06, 2014, 05:52:44 pm »

I believe there is a way to cure with gaia's garden.

There used to be a workshop back in v3 I believe that let you repair any dwarf, but I can't seem to find it now.  Might have been removed due to balance issues?
Tavern should do it. Have him spend a month as a bard.
Can't do that to a wagon. :-P
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Xnidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 06, 2014, 06:08:18 pm »

Hi guys!

I'm embarked in a desert with the sea in one corner, thanks to this I have a lot of shrimp shell and lobster shell. Then only problem is... Can I do something with them? The craftsdwarf workshop don't work when I try to make shell crafts (message: "not shells item available" or something similar, also I try with the pearl, horn, tooth, bone reaction and anything...). Additionally, I need to craft a journal urgently for the Apothecary (this is the main reason for craft the shells), because the lungs of some dwarfs start to rotten and it is too early for play with the fun  ???

On the other hand... If somebody can help me with a small problem in this thread...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:11:51 pm by Xnidus »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 06, 2014, 06:14:59 pm »

Additionally, I need to craft a journal urgently for the Apothecary (this is the main reason for craft the shells), because the lungs of some dwarfs start to rotten and it is too early for play with the fun  ???
If you have stone, there is a reaction to craft a stone journal in the craftsdwarf.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 06, 2014, 08:40:55 pm »

Hi guys!

I'm embarked in a desert with the sea in one corner, thanks to this I have a lot of shrimp shell and lobster shell. Then only problem is... Can I do something with them? The craftsdwarf workshop don't work when I try to make shell crafts (message: "not shells item available" or something similar, also I try with the pearl, horn, tooth, bone reaction and anything...). Additionally, I need to craft a journal urgently for the Apothecary (this is the main reason for craft the shells), because the lungs of some dwarfs start to rotten and it is too early for play with the fun  ???

On the other hand... If somebody can help me with a small problem in this thread...
Not sure about shrimp and lobster, but turtle shell can be used to make between iron and steel grade armor pretty easily.

Xnidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 07, 2014, 01:29:44 am »

Additionally, I need to craft a journal urgently for the Apothecary (this is the main reason for craft the shells), because the lungs of some dwarfs start to rotten and it is too early for play with the fun  ???
If you have stone, there is a reaction to craft a stone journal in the craftsdwarf.

Well, I have no stone yet... I usually like embark with the roleplaying of manage a group of political exiled (traitors to the king or something similar) with the biggest punish for a dwarf: NO PICK! But now is early autumn and I think that it is possible to survive to the next caravan...  :P

Not sure about shrimp and lobster, but turtle shell can be used to make between iron and steel grade armor pretty easily.

Between iron and steel? Holy fuck! What are eating this turtles? xD

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 07, 2014, 04:18:38 am »

I have just one question now:

Is the "Modest Mod" included in Masterwork? The Modest Mod seems to bring along some very useful features and balance improvements. I guess there are some things that are also included in MDF, but how many and which ones?

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 07, 2014, 11:04:02 am »

I'm using Masterwork for the first time, and I can't select skills at embark (chose Prepare Carefully). The +/- keys do nothing with skills selected, though they work for items. I'm using 5.10 on Windows 8.1. Some of the dwarves have Arcane or Guild properties, if that matters.

I've turned off all the balance changes, and don't have any mods. Don't think I have any other changes. I did make the executable large-address-aware.

Am I doing something wrong? It would not be surprising.

Also, when I pop up the Tileset preview, I can't dismiss it. Clicking the X just gives me the system error sound, as does clicking on the main MW settings window.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:07:29 am by shaver »

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 07, 2014, 01:44:49 pm »

Well, I have no stone yet... I usually like embark with the roleplaying of manage a group of political exiled (traitors to the king or something similar) with the biggest punish for a dwarf: NO PICK! But now is early autumn and I think that it is possible to survive to the next caravan...  :P
Fortunately, journals are just crafts, so you can just have somebody crap out shell crafts by the truckload and hope you get a journal early.

Between iron and steel? Holy fuck! What are eating this turtles? xD
I thought it was more like bronze, after combining and reinforcing it with more shells in the tanner's shop.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 07, 2014, 02:06:33 pm »

I'm using Masterwork for the first time, and I can't select skills at embark (chose Prepare Carefully). The +/- keys do nothing with skills selected, though they work for items. I'm using 5.10 on Windows 8.1. Some of the dwarves have Arcane or Guild properties, if that matters.

Most likely it's a matter of embark points and skill points.  First make sure you actually have some embark points left -- even with "Prepare carefully", there is still a default set of equipment that the game tries to bring, and this can eat up all your points until you remove some of the items, especially if your civ has no access to raw iron, and therefore everything gets magically upgraded to steel.

Second, make sure the dwarf in question has some skill points left.

The guild shouldn't matter for this part, as far as I know.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 07, 2014, 02:29:43 pm »

Most likely it's a matter of embark points and skill points.  First make sure you actually have some embark points left -- even with "Prepare carefully", there is still a default set of equipment that the game tries to bring, and this can eat up all your points until you remove some of the items, especially if your civ has no access to raw iron, and therefore everything gets magically upgraded to steel.

Second, make sure the dwarf in question has some skill points left.

I know the dwarf had skill points left, but I didn't think to check the embark points! The sporewood wheelbarrow and crutches/splints/etc. were indeed eating everything up. Thank you!

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 07, 2014, 03:25:52 pm »

I'm having a problem with the Pet Shoppe.  When I bought a changeling, to make into a griffon, but it doesn't show on the animal list.  I can pasture it, but it doesn't show on the list for trainers.  It was successfully changed into a griffon but I can't war train it, so it can't be assigned to the airmancer.  I even got it to kill a kobold thief (which gave it a dwarfly name) but it still can't be trained or assigned.  Its name is Male Changeling <Actual dwarfly name> Griffon.  I ended up having to kill it with gravity and buy a changeling from the caravan, eventually the mage re-griffoned and all was well.  I also tried makeown with no success.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 07, 2014, 03:26:39 pm »

I think that spawned animals are only added to the animals list after you reload the save.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Xnidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 07, 2014, 04:54:20 pm »

Fortunately, journals are just crafts, so you can just have somebody crap out shell crafts by the truckload and hope you get a journal early.

Yeah! But finally I obtained a journal crafting the wood (very painful in a desert). I think that the diseases should be balanced, it is really funny play with them, but are too much aggresive. I suffered two epidemics, losing three dwarfs in the first year, when the settlement have less than 30 dwarfs (that mean, around ~10% mortality). Basically, two of them become crazy and attacked one of the musk ox... The last one was a merchant that attacked their comrades, being killed in the process...

At least, one year later, with a functional Apothecary and many medicines, I not suffer any epidemic again, also it is true that I not receive any inmigrant during the second year. My wealth is very very low (~20,000 dwarfbucks at the start of the second year), I needed one year for buy a pick and another year for breach the aquifer.

Due to this I have three questions:
1) The lack of epidemics is due to not receive any immigrants or thanks to a provision of medicines?
2) Did I not receive any immigrant due to the low wealth? Or another cause?
3) Finally... In the second year, with a very small fortress and less than 30 dwarfs, living in the surface of the desert: when rain my FPS fall to ~50. It is normal? I put all the diversity stuff (plants, animals, minerals, diseases...) on, with the exception of trees.

Thanks you very much!

PD. Sorry for my english, not is my native language.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:04:32 pm by Xnidus »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 92