Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 196146 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #600 on: July 18, 2014, 06:30:51 pm »

Nah, just let it burn.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 18, 2014, 06:39:07 pm »

I searched for "shadowleaf" on this board and only found this mentioned a couple of times but not addressed:
Shadowleaf processed into leaves have nothing but these tags:
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2][EDIBLE_VERMIN]

Is it missing [EDIBLE_COOKED]? or is this intended? Like this the leaves are just for sale for low value, and edible for vermin.

I've added [EDIBLE_COOKED] on my own RAWs so there's a useful reason for processing them into it, but I thought I'd share this and ask.

I'm on 5.10 btw!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 18, 2014, 06:56:14 pm »

It can be made into poison, but I think that uses the actual plant and not bags of leaves.

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 18, 2014, 08:23:12 pm »

Yeah, the bushes can be used for lots of things:

LEAF: shadowleaf bush leaves (2)
EXTRACT(Barrel): shadowleaf poison (25)
OIL: shadowleaf oil (7)
SOAP: shadowleaf soap (7)
PRESSED: shadowleaf seed press cake (1)

(I took this from the "all plants" table)

But the leaves themselves are what's not very useful right now. I propose we cook/eat those as well :)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 18, 2014, 08:27:05 pm »

From what I remember, shadowleaf leaves were for tobacco. But its been forever since I played Dwarf Mode, so I don't know if that's accurate.
Spooky Signature

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 19, 2014, 12:59:52 am »

Oh good I got a mage in my latest migration wave...

*Checks which type of mage*

Uff its a firemage... shall I execute him straight off or keep him and let him fight underground? Map is full of grass and combustable materials
Something similar happened to me but not really? Anyway, I got a migrant wave and straight off the bat this dwarf mage brought hell upon me grasslands... Not sure why he was just randomly spewing fires all over. Here's some screenies, I'd be happy if someone can elaborate all this to me, oh and I lost the fort in a matter of minutes after he started a fire in the dining room, heh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The great thing about shadowleafs is that they grow both underground and outside.
 I believe they're used for poisons, oil, soap and water? Not sure about tobacco since I never focused on that.

Right before one last survivor died of thirst from going mad a migrant wave appeared and I'm back in business but now I can't assign any nobles?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 03:35:12 am by SuicideRey »

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2014, 06:04:28 am »

Uff its a firemage... shall I execute him straight off or keep him and let him fight underground? Map is full of grass and combustable materials
Something similar happened to me but not really? Anyway, I got a migrant wave and straight off the bat this dwarf mage brought hell upon me grasslands... Not sure why he was just randomly spewing fires all over. Here's some screenies, I'd be happy if someone can elaborate all this to me, oh and I lost the fort in a matter of minutes after he started a fire in the dining room, heh.

Wait it says "Aeromancer"? I am not sure but that looks like something different to me, like someone messing arround with... well air spells and lightnings etc, weird that he started fires. Hm, really considering to execute my Firemage now before he causes any serious trouble... there are still many wooden furniture pieces arround my fort and I dont want them to combust (yet).

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:08:02 pm by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 19, 2014, 06:33:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The great thing about shadowleafs is that they grow both underground and outside.
 I believe they're used for poisons, oil, soap and water? Not sure about tobacco since I never focused on that.

Right before one last survivor died of thirst from going mad a migrant wave appeared and I'm back in business but now I can't assign any nobles?

I thought guild membership, military class membership, priesthood and being a mage were mutually exclusive, all of them being castes.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 19, 2014, 06:37:08 am »

I thought guild membership, military class membership, priesthood and being a mage were mutually exclusive, all of them being castes.
Yeah it's pretty weird but as you can see on the screenshot being an aeromancer is a curse given during worldgen, I checked in dwarf therapist. So he's a cursed member of a jewelers guild.

So, any thoughts on why he went mad and burned everyone to crisps? One second he was having a chat in the dining room and the next it's all on fire. Could he have tried to target one of those cave creatures? I'm pretty curious about all this.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 19, 2014, 06:58:19 am »

Got a little issue... the forestspiders breeded while being in the cage now they have 3 hatchlings in their cages aswell... how do I kill the spiders now? Have a military ready and moving them downstairs into the mine

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2014, 11:52:53 am »

Pit the spiders into a pit with a upright spike attached to a lever. Pull lever repeatedly. Laugh.
Spooky Signature

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2014, 03:05:41 pm »

Pit the spiders into a pit with a upright spike attached to a lever. Pull lever repeatedly. Laugh.

Have done that, but stationed my crossbowman nearby just to be save, deployed cages, linked them to a lever in a room full of spikes... ended up that they rather died to a few broadhead steelbolts fired from 3 volcanic repeater crossbows, 1 oricalcum repeater crossbow before someone was able to pull the other lever. Got attacked shortly by another "lethal force" of 3 spiders which got teared apart by the second squad in full volcanic armor with legendary mithril longswords and volcanic bucklers.

Well have the deathpit ready to use now. Its at my entrance and currently thinking if I should make it into a pitfall trap for future enemies... still having frostgiants and automatons as neighbours. Thanks for the suggestion with the spikes, that will have some use in the future

Also another issue I stumbled upon today: I tried to engrave some of my weapons (Legendary mithril swords) with Titanium runes and add steel runes to my armor to make my dwarves fearless. But most of the time wrong weapons get taken in the procedure of engraving. So is there a way to force that a certain weapon is engraved without the need of forbidding all other weapons for the moment of crafting?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 03:36:20 pm by ___MeRliN___ »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 19, 2014, 03:48:58 pm »

Well. Your armaments are considerably more impressive then I assumed. Yeah, forest spiders shouldn't do more then annoy your military, webs or no. Deathpits are still useful for culling peoples pets if they get too abundant. at the very least.

Stockpile feeding works pretty well to limit which weapons get runed. You'll also have to forbid/assign to military the weapons once they're done being runed so they don't waste more metal runeing it again.
Spooky Signature

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #613 on: July 19, 2014, 04:10:28 pm »

I use locked doors instead of stockpile settings. Lock a worker inside the room with some metal bars and weapons available. Same thing, in the end.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 19, 2014, 06:10:14 pm »

I use locked doors instead of stockpile settings. Lock a worker inside the room with some metal bars and weapons available. Same thing, in the end.

Thats genious, will add that tommorow to the fortress. From what I can remember I can clearly determine which weapons go into which stockpile, atleast by typing. Providing Titanium and Steel, then the armor pieces and crossbows and swords and done. Thats alot easier then anything else I could think of, thanks.

Now I only have to fix the current, very sudden FPS drop from steady 60-100 to lowsy 20-30... might use DFHack with several clear commands.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 92