Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 139378 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: The First Modern British Gangster RTD
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 03:19:51 pm »

Waitlist, please.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 03:52:43 pm »

((I'm in?!? Yesss.....
Time to see British do British OLD SKOOL STYLE!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 04:00:40 pm »

(( Haha im pretty sure most British didnt carry katana or the other weapons im intending to buy :P )).

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2012, 04:04:31 pm »

Use a damn longsword, you tosser. Otherwise you are a disservice to the nation!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 04:06:35 pm »

(( Bite me lol i dont think i can hide a long sword under my jacket. And besides since im intending to use it to kill , maim and otherwise make non British people leave i think it can be excused. Plus im also going to get steel toe capped trainers and a pear of leather gloves with metal knuckles. Which is much more British. ))

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2012, 04:09:17 pm »

(( steel toe cap trainers..... That makes no sense :P you mean boots and I take it we are doing proper gangsters and not twaty dumb chavs which roam the street at 1pm drunk shouting WHAT YOU LOOKING AT ( god I want to kill them ) anywayyy you want steel toe capped Boots that's more British ))
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2012, 04:11:09 pm »

(( Nope trainers. Ive got a pair of them myself and trust me when you kick somebody with them it hurts twice as much couse people never see toe capped trainers coming. Plus why would a character like mine be wearing boots? ))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2012, 04:15:49 pm »

((A katana? Oh gods, I will be disappointed with TCM if your guy doesn't suffer a horrible death for that one. :-X))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2012, 04:17:42 pm »

(( He's 2nd generation British and was trained to use it from a young age. Think of it this way im taking another nations weapon and using it to make people from that nation get the hell out of my country. Im using it for a good purpose. Until i can get a better one made for him In Britain and have the British flag put on the handle. ))

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2012, 04:18:48 pm »

(( I suppose it would be possible to steel toe cap trainers, but there would not be much support to the steel when you kick someone but possible :p I have never heard of steel toe cap trainers ever :P ))

(( also I have Plastic explosive I can't wait to play :D ))
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2012, 04:21:19 pm »

((A CHAV?! *Tosses Mesor's character out a window*))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2012, 04:23:34 pm »

(( Not many people have them. Hah mate a good kick with a good hard piece of steel inside the trainers is still gonna crack bones and im not intending to kick brick walls or a piece of metal. The human body is not built to withstand that kind of impact.
And there back up incase the Glove's fail and i dont have time to pull my katana or a knife or something.
Im not using guns in this to noisy.

Oight im not a chav u twat im the guy who's gonna be drop kicking chavs with steel capped trainers. ))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2012, 06:29:33 pm »

*Accidental Double Post*
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:31:47 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2012, 06:30:02 pm »

Chapter 0: Humble Beginnings
Well, here comes the last thing for you guys to vote on, as well as some information on the other gangs.

8 men sit at the back of the pub in a circular table. Over alcohal and snacks, they discuss the formation of the Syndicate. The gang founders decide to vote on the final matters.

Base:

After some discussion, the potential locations of where to hold the Syndicate base turn to:

The Warehouse: An abandoned warehouse in the industrial section of town. It's main feature is that it's big and spacious. Besides that there's not much to say.

The Church: A fairly large abandoned church in the rural area of Licheville. It's got some room if you clear everything out, and since it's in the countryside it won't draw many eyes at first. However, since it is far out, you'd spend a lot of time driving to the city and back here.

The Tenement: A hidden basement in an inner-city tenement. Despite being inner-city, nobody notices it's exsistence besides some crackheads, and it's virtually soundproof. The owner is fine with you all staying there, provided you pay your weekly rent.

The Pub: The owner of the same pub your in has known some of you, and expresses his interest in being your first associate. Down in the basement, there's a secret doorway to a private room, used in the old days to stash contraband. The owner knows the risk of running a base in a crowded pub, so he even states he'll hire a group of armed guards to patrol the place as long as he gets 2% of total gang revenue.

Gang Color:

Black and Blue

Neighbors:

Based on collective intelligence, the group totals together all they can find on the other 5 gangs of Licheville. They are:

Cobardi Family: A Mafia-off shoot that's been in Licheville ever since immigrants started arriving. Most of the power stems from the fact that they own many completely legal businesses. However, they are a gang, so everything from extortion, prostitution, chop shops and more goes on behind their doors. With their wealth, they've managed to corrupt several police and politicians.
Estimated Population: 80
Relationship - Unfriendly: While there is no reason for hostility between the Cobardi and the Syndicate, the Cobardi see no need to have any relationship with a small, newly formed gang.

The Hawkson Boys: An Irish Gang composed of over 500 members. They are the biggest and arguably most influential of all the gangs in Licheville. While the Cobardi deters the police with bribes, the Hawkson do it with intimidation. They brawl, extort, loot, and generally do whatever they want. A small fight to them is when they "only" bring along 50 boys. They've literally destroyed entire gangs before by attacking them en masse in a huge brawl. While overall terrifying, the Hawkson follow two strict laws: They all remain strong Catholics, and they never will use firearms.
Estimated Population: 520
Relationship - Neutral: The Hawkson Boys are really so big, they won't even know of the Syndicate at first.

Long Shou: A Chinese gang that formed up recently also. These guys mainly deal with all the different underground betting rackets in Licheville: Gambling, Racing, Dogfights, etc. Like the Hawkson Boys, these guys are big melee fighters too, and wouldn't you know it; they all know Kung-Fu. Unlike the Hawksons, they have no opposition to using firepower.
Estimated Population: 60
Relationship - Acquainted: Some of the Syndicate actually have gotten favors or goods from Long Shou before. Out of all the gangs, these guys look to be the most friendly with the Syndicate.

Vice Lords England: A mostly Black gang that has come to England from over the U.S. Their business is in the drug dealing, as well as some pimping on the side. The Vice Lords fight with MMA styles from the United States.
Estimated Population: 80
Relatonship - Neutral: The Vice Lords aren't looking for some new gang right now. Since they are trying to build on getting big money and power, they are currently in a hot power war with the Cobardi.

Hellriders: A small motorcycle gang that are the primary smugglers of Licheville. Being as rowdy and provocative as they are, they've managed to be have bad feelings with every exsisting gang in town. The main reason they haven't dissapeared yet is because one of their chief smuggling fields is firearms, and everyone knows they must be packing serious heat.
Estimated Populaton: 37
Relationship - Volatile: At this point, it's easy for the Syndicate to get on the Hellriders bad or good side, especially the former. We need to make a plan for dealing with these guys A.S.A.P.

After putting everyone's funds together, the starting budget of the gang is 800 pounds. (I'll be using the $ to represent pounds in this game, because my keyboard doesn't have a pound button.)

Lastly, everyone

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:49:10 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 1. Humble Beginnings
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2012, 06:37:02 pm »

(( Ok lads what do we think? From the info im leaning towards finding a way to get closer with the Chinese ( Strength in numbers and all that. )
And beginning to look for a way to knock off some of the hell riders without them knowing were involved ( And hopefully get our hands on some guns from there dead body's ).
While we find a way to make some money.
Also the church looks really good given that the Irish probably wont want to attack a church and seriously i dont want 500+ unhappy Irish men coming to clobber me.
Also if the chance arises it might be good to kill off 1-2 of the Vice lords or the Cobardi and leave a little calling card to indicate the others are involved and let them kill each other off for us same would work with the hell rider's given there annoying everybody. ))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:40:30 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 108