Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1171170 times)

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Four: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1320 on: January 16, 2013, 05:21:23 pm »

Curse that world of arseness! Drunkennes is a finite resource and I shall not wates it in a fort doomed to fail! I speak for all of us when I say that crashed forts murder good evenings as much as they do good storiers. Do not remember me as the ender owf worlds but as discarder of bugs, or of this doesnt fidx crashing then dont remember me at all because I have bovioulsy discarded two good forst and a whole world.

1st granite 22:33, I being the forstr of Beastdrinker, the second fort, in the second world, when I face the firstr yaear. Arses, I shall drink more to make this intersting!

This far I've rdrunk 6 ciders, tasted some of raspberry and other berry liquors, and made pelty fy bee (Ampiainen in finnish) drinks, about four. Now I will drink more.

22:40 Drinking a bee and a cider at same time, pretty infurious about carshing. Playing some nsfw songs which actually arent helping, getting t4echno on for the remainder of drinks.

I have about seveln litres of 80% Viruvalgia and 8X24 ciders after a trip to estonia, but I'äm not drinking all of t hem now.

1st Granite 22:44, Iäm a bit roo drunk, which should be enough. The first year is broing, butr ... I'll drink some more the make it itneresting. It is my duty as the god emperor of this fortess!

1st granite, 22:46 hit aquifier. Fucked. I whill drunk in this layer inutill I get somethign done. Huh? Good wfor me. Finished a bee.

Theres sea! We got derinfrood if we could colledct it! No ones colelcting it, so we dig and kill trees to make something.

4th granite 22:52 I thikn I finished another bee, but thats impossible. They are pretty dsrtong drinks, and I didn't even finish my cider yet, which I used to dilute thim whith.

We have dug a hoole, I don't remember why, but now its going to be our only fort because there is water near us beneath.

The foods are in a stockpile on surface. Pretty baceic but I'äg glad its working out well now.

Thought it arsed raining, but I misread.

10th Grainte, 22:57, Found free rock someway from our dig befvorfe aquifier. Digging there to make luxuries, I dont know when we got this far but the upstairs iws now farm.

Also, this embark sas river AND ocean, so everytiing should be good. We have flus and all rocks if we can getr down from here. I will not even dry. I set the smits to carpetry because we have nothing btut wood by now.

18th Granite, this planet is rectum. 23:02, The good  stone is too far to be rasonable, were doing a wooden everhitng. The farms grow TROUBLE, someday the stocpkiles are full of dimple cups and farmers are too dim to fill them with plump hemlets anymore.

1st Slate 23:07 building shale bridge to make way for  caravans,m if they come from the east. If the water doesnt reeze were ewell defended, if it does were pretty worthessly fucked.

Named the farmer arcitecht, because no one knows anything about anyhthign.

Ha ha! HE's getting wood, to the building site now. So its not a shale bridge after all.

Alåthl was interuppted by giant moon snail, sounds cosmic and giantic, so I dont hope were screwed.

6th slate, 23:13 Doubt rides as to whether I should even play this. I will screw everhting for a while... Anus, I know I cant, I'll keep playin and hope something of this is of some value. If not I'll ost it so people know I didnt drink this time alone for thoning.

A Huge monser in the sahpe of a moon snail.             What shape is a moon snail? What is a moonsnail?

The snail is a dick, so we kill it with our unarmed milityia skilled in fighting and dogning alone.

8th Slate, 23:19, yay, it died of dogs and an exe to the yead.! Everyones still confused and nothing is getting done. Should be least migrants possible now. Building butcherer in chase dwarves will eat the snail man.

We deserve a reward for being the least useful fort. A trophy I mean. We eat and sleep but pruduce nothign but dead snailmen. Moonsnailmen, wich still sounds awesome though.

26th Slate, 23,28, Cant do anthing, building a bowyer so we got wooden crossbows to shoot at anything. I already reagret this idea, because we have a good weaponsmith so wooden crossbows are the only weapon that will start of bad. Will make any metal crossbows when caravans arrive.

Holy shit, the dwarves butchered the moon snail man! We got some stuff, and now I'll build a tanner before its skin rots.

Any stuff is rare. I should build a crasftsdarves shop nest. Getting more bee. Bee is banana rum, wodka and Sprite, best drink ever.

Slamon in the water, the most overrated fish ever. I hate it for overtaking pike in fish makrests here, when pike is superior in Every Signle Sense! I'm happy the dwarves dont know enough to be hipsters about fishes.

Pike is like a fox of the lakes, the only reason some popel dont like it is because it is TOO awesome. LITERALLY. It is better than any other fish, and whole populations can exists solely of consisting of pikes of different sizes. Cannibalism is awesome, althouhg foxes dont do it like pikes do.

4th Hematite 23:43 Finished a cider. Very drunk and happy about this fort. This is all terrible wastes aof time, but YOU'LL SEE! -ii'M SURE Someone can bereach the qaquifer in more erasonable time than I coulsd. The farct that dwarves work at amazing pace is outright alarming.

Of wasted time and uselssnes, our weaponsmith got hurt in construction. Aweosmess will ensue, this means nothing but building a hospital somwhere. Happily he's just bruised, so we dont need soap yet.

19th Hematite 23:53 Finished a cider at some point, I'm opening a new one. The utter wates of time project I have going is ... truly something, hard I guess.No ones dead yet, and we got some nest boxes for bireds to lay eggs in. This is truly a fort to successfors, I haven't done anyhthing productive but what I want, and all but necessities are at necessary nevers!

Never before I have had all dwarves idle at once.

7th Malachite, 00:00, Wiching our! The waste of time project is proceeding almost to expectations, while Iä'm vbuilding stuff to rooms when we can afford to live properly. Amazing failuers are being had at lack of very stone, and everyone being doing nothing. Saving game, quitting and loading after saving to avoid ANÄY possible corruiptions wahtsoever from ever happening avain!

Loaded the wrong saved, laughed at the poop rain, finished a bee and.. loaded thw rong save again? Roomate woke up, so party continues until I write again, at some point. Time now 0:09 15th Malachite, 251. I shall be bafck as soon as possible, or when the party is getting slower again.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1321 on: January 16, 2013, 05:42:52 pm »

Hrm... I don't think our world should be broken, really. If possible, I'd like to keep it going (I wish I'd checked this thread earlier...). I'd like for the following measures to be attempted before we regen (which I will probably do myself, for the sake of consistency):

1. Try the save again.
2. If it crashes, TRY to start a new fort.
3. If it STILL crashes, I'll gen up another world.

I'm just really, really hesitant to let all of our accumulated history go prematurely. I hope you understand, RenoFox. Sorry for being a buzzkill, figuratively AND otherwise... I just don't wanna let go yet! :'(

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 16, 2013, 06:48:44 pm »

Multiple drunk fortresses!

I'll grab the current save and play some (sober) this evening to see how it does.

EDIT:
played half an hour, no issues.
Odd fort, can't find the non-magma glass furnace.
Released clowns. Bottled clowns up. Got lucky on that one, sort of.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:39:22 pm by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1323 on: January 16, 2013, 09:07:30 pm »

I'll grab the current save and play some (sober) this evening to see how it does.
That's totally cool; by all means feel free to give the fort a sober whirl for testing purposes! This applies to everybody.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 16, 2013, 11:06:48 pm »

15th Malachite, 3:06 I'm back, I outdrunk my roommate TWICE in same day! Now mack to managing a forrtresss!

Migrants! Welcome to somewhre! I'll HAVE to make some corssbows wso these guys can start ttraining archery by h unting.

18th Malachite, 3:10, Migrants, Amazingly just two, sent one to militia commander and one to archer squad. Why is ther another squad before them, and how could I even name this guy milita commander or how could I have a preavious militia without a military commander? We now have nine dwarves and I have confused myself with the milityha organization.

I kind of lost count of drinks during the second party, but I'd presume one more bee and two more ciders. Now I'm drinking a cider again, and have displaced the glass I drink the bees from.

9th Galaena, 3:20 Bow Bow Fight the powah! Our bows suck, but if the hunters use them enough they'll learn before we get through the aquifier to actual metals those our wewaponsmith can use.

3:22 Getting a new bee.

18th Galena, 3:27AM, Amazing duprinesa of derp! I donät know why this isnt working as well as I hope, but Wait aminute! Louse woman interrupts work?! Murder squads engage!
Rakust Pageclout dodget into a bowl of water and is now flailing there.

Holy crap, theres a GIANT louse here! One of my dwarves has an axe, but I dont know if he's the one who's currently drowning ona ramp of shallow water.

Yes he was. The UNARMERD axedwarf just bit the head off a louse woman. The giant louse diasppeard somehwere, so I think... no, we'll kill everything now that we can! YEAH! Kick that louse brain in tao is brain!

Would training axes be better than fists? I could build them if they were.

11th Limestone, 3:42 am: Why dwarves? Why gooses, why you not lay in nest boxes? We're surprisingly ok, alhtough we havent really succeeded in anything special. I dug a ditch to the north, but I have no idea why th... oh, the waves throw some water in it. I guess its ok enough to be ignored now. Finished a cider and started anew one.

Did I mention starting a new bee? Because I did.

2nd Sandstone 3:42 BuzzaARDS! We have one marksdwarf, who shall now start hunting anything like he was meant to from the beginning. Shoot at anything until youre good enough to qualify as militia, thats my motto!

My face is so palmed. He failed to return a dead buzzard, because he was interrupted by live one. KILL EM ALL!
5th Sandstone, 3:51 AM: Its like the autumg brought a swarm of buzzards! There are more buzzards than there are dwarves, and the crossbowdwarf is shooting them down as fastr as he can!'ll drink the bee in one gulp to get drunk enough to pleay the rest of the turn, because I just got the ultimate timewaste project done. The aquifier hasnt been breached yet, and I doubt I'll do that in my turn. Someone will do it fastre than I so I'll spend my time somehwere else.

8th Sandstone, 3:56AM: Everyhthing is at standstill because everhthing is interrupted by buzzards! The refuse pile is full of dead buzzards, and the air is full of buzzards apparently feeding on the dead buzzards corpses! Migrants arrived, they shall ALL HOLY SHIT, one is missing a tongue! We now have 16 dwaqrves, half of who are drafted to milita that never sparrs mbecause we have nothing to spar with. I'll build a trade depot, because right now elven wooden gear woule be better than having darves get attached to training gear.

I made our cook hunt so we'll have less buzzards around here.

4:05 Dwarfed Bobnova the Stabmaster, because he was the first one I found to have requested dwarfing. The dwarfing list should be somehwere easily accessible for drunken players. I'll dwarvf myself now that I thought of it !

18th Sandstone, 4:10'AM, Everything, EVERYTHING is at stanstiill because the buzzards interrupt everyone going anywhere! Assigned more dwarves to kill everything, and one to make more buzzard bone bolts to hunt more buzzards with. It is like fighting the sky itself!

28th Sandstone, 4:16AM, Startng a project to pierce the aquifier with a plug. Worst idea ever,maybe, but it might help the next negeration of players. Not gonna make a new bee, but I'll drink 18% chocolade liquor with cider from now on.

7th timber, 4:20AM, Its only late autunm? Holy shite time goes slow when something something. I think I incidentally deviced a most irrelugar drowning trap ever, which works on wave power alone. Complteley unintentional, but it WILL be fun wen someone actually drowns from it.

16th Timber, 4:25 AM: How do I aquifier plug? My plug is now exactly the wrong size to be practical, but if it works it will do some good. If not, at elast it should be big enough to drill through with a double slit method I have tried twice. Both times I tired dit I found a way through aquifier at an other point, making my efforts an useless disaster site in the middle of the main hallway. Which is why I started this off the main fortress areas.

18 Timber, 4:29: Rectal anus of arses! The dwarven caravan arrived, and the wagons passed our site sas impassable! Because of our ditch ON THIS SITDE OF THE RIVER! The carawan came from exactly the wrong side, but I hope we get something from the mules alone. I'll also build a GRAND wooden bridge for next years, at least I know where theyre coming from now.

4:32 The diplomat scared me. I thought we were under siege when the screen went black with some text on it! I requested some steel and steel accessories.

Holy crap, I can see my stocks in the middle of trading?! This would have been useless a thousand times before now.

*Moment of appreciation for "Scootaloo stares at you for 10 minutes while I play epic music*

'tis is epic, but I shall trade now. Apparently my random dwarfsona has made some crafts, which I would be proud of if they werent made of wood, which is the only resource available for now.

Oh Scootaloo, you're so epic! :D

The trade was absolutely crappy, but Scootaloo is epic! We got one bronze sword, a bin of leather and three pieces of cloth, but holy shit scootaloo is epic! I recommend it for everyone ever!

Most exeptionally, the mountainhomes will pay extra for absolutely nothing. I wonder why they sent the liaison in the first place.

Oh NOW he wants stuff! He just wanted to repeat what I wanted first, but with some failed quotes apparently. Only thing that did was make me regret not buying any fox leather for some foxy uniforms. Which I now regret a lot.

8th Moonstone, 4:56AM, The aquifier plug project is proceeding faster than expected. I am SO unqualified to do this.

15th Moonstone, 4:59: Just wanted to write that I feel awesome! Some dwarves are about to die, but the ... wait ... The dwarves about to die have nothing to do with the projects praised after this. If the next guy dies, he will be just a failure. Lets see what happens.

EMAGHERD! I did everything as idiotproof as possible, but you should never underestimate the creativeness of idiots! Surprisilngly he survied, but now I also realised that I myself failed this very project. I failed to dig the whole plug area BERFORE plugging it, so now I plugged part of it while ... awe I just failed. I double dutied our dormitory as hopsital so our miner can go there to get his arm fixed by the next dwarf I assignh for that. In fact, now that I'm the overseer, I'll also decide I'M the chief medical dwarf!  Boyah! I'm in your hospital, mistreating your doodz!

Anyway, now we have some flooding in living quargers, but its not aquificiar or anything. Just some ... what , how far does that spread.

2nd Oåpal, 5:15: I kind of forgot what I was writing about. Needs a check.. Oh, I'm trying a minimalistic aquifier plug with only .. too little space to ever work? Yeah, I'll try bigger one again.

6th Opåal, 5:17: I wonder if the dwarves are as drunk as I am. The last few errors they've done are what I would have done too. On the other hand, I wouldnt' sleep in the dirt if there were god bedrooms available!

5:34 I've now drunk half a bottle of chocolate liqueur, and I'm a little bit overwhelmend by how drukn I am. The dwarves work ok. Theyä've brewered all their food to drinks, and no ones died yet. The time for the next awesome pluggage is hare!

Why dwarves, WHY do you have to stand on the plug when it0s being dropped?! Nameless dwarf miner one, you shall not be forgotten just because you''äll other wise end up arassing us all, y ou suck and you should otherise wheel bad even in death. I'll build a wooden mason s workshop in the dormitory hospital. There's so much wrong in that single sentence...

16th Obsidian 5:40: Why does late winter always come as a surprise? The spring was long as a year, but I alweays run out of time in the late winter!

Didnt that gyy die? Apparently there are no dwarves to memorpialise, so we survived the whole year without casualties. Yay?!

1st Granite, 5:46AM: Spring has arrived! I survied a year without anyone dying or me passing out! We havent piernced the aquifier, got no metal, and our only defences are the rivers around us, and our bridge is no draweridge, anyo ff them. I'd say I did good, in the sense that dwarvfes should survive the next year too.

6:01 Now that I finally ruled a whole year, my decree shall be that starting a project, small or major, requires taking a drink! I also request that the list of rules and dwarves to be dwarved be made more accessible somewhere.

The save is here. The game has been closed and restarted after each save, so there should e absolutey NO chance of corruptian as far asi can prevent it: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7iw5er

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 17, 2013, 12:28:20 am »

That, was hilarious.
Spent a lot of time laughing reading that. Especially the flooding.
Picturing the dwarves suddenly realizing that piercing an aquifer in the surf might not have been the best idea.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 17, 2013, 07:45:20 am »

wait... an ocean embark with a river and aquifer ? How it is even possible to not flood the fort entirely when inebriated ?

I think i'll take a turn next Tuesday orWednesday.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: January 18, 2013, 01:47:17 pm »

RenoFox - wtf is this shit i'm drunk and it's making me load all this software i'm sure is a virus. I can't download.

you're a fraud!

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:17 pm »

Weren't we supposed to be staying with the original world anyways, unless the previous one was proved to be crashing beyond help?  (Since Raynar's crashes were not world-related).  And that Kamin would be genning a new one if we did need it?

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 18, 2013, 02:56:53 pm »

RenoFox - wtf is this shit i'm drunk and it's making me load all this software i'm sure is a virus. I can't download.

you're a fraud!

In case you haven't used sendspace before, DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING! Anything but the "Click here to start download from sendspace" link are advertisements. The region1.rar is the correct file.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: January 18, 2013, 03:02:17 pm »

wow. just wow.
*swoons*
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 18, 2013, 04:19:07 pm »

i'm not doin that and yuo sit on a thorn of liess!!!

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 18, 2013, 04:21:16 pm »

okay i dwonlaoded it but i'm sitll gv'n you squinty Is

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 18, 2013, 04:29:24 pm »

i got thid dont wrrry!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 18, 2013, 04:35:32 pm »

Third? we are not playing baseball here.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 341