Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Earth IV: Of Monsters and Men  (Read 4225 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Earth IV: Of Monsters and Men
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 06:49:33 pm »

Spoiler: Amnesiac Dalia (click to show/hide)

This looks good! I especially like the fact that this is written in-character. I haven't seen that all that often. The overall character is Approved, but I made a Lore Post on Discord so as to correct a couple small details about appearance.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 07:16:19 pm »

good I just get back as things start.

that is to say don't discount me I found a way online again, finally.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 02:11:20 pm »

Prologue: Begin Again

None of you quite knew exactly what you were getting into when you got the letters from a mister "Brooks Lyn Price," but for one reason or another, all four of the people summoned forth to appear before this man were standing in the Central Isle of the city-state known from inception as Infernus, but is more commonly known as "Angel Fire"

Cordell Monroe, the only one specifically ordered to serve anyway, is already on the steps, prepared to meet his new boss. Vadym Gulka is behind him, standing near a horse-drawn carriage piloted by a pointy-eared fellow named Nafael. Due to his size, Pierre Homme was crouched down to the behind the building, having been instructed to by his letter.

Meanwhile, in the snow covered Northern Isle, a wandering, or rather "shambling", person explores through the abandoned stone, brick, and mortar. Dalia, the amnesiac Zombie, wanders through. [9] She hears footsteps behind her, and when she turns, she sees a woman in a smart suit, a red tie contrasting with her white hair and bright green eyes. She reaches for her suit for something, but stops when she sees Dalia simply looking. After a second, she instead cautiously waves to Dalia.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:47:31 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 04:20:57 pm »

Shambling was a rather odd word to describe the intellectual. Bumbling about is much more fitting and refined for that matter. Stumbling over her own richly embroidered clothes. Beautiful gloved hands wrapping around a wall.

Holding herself up Hat tilted and covering her eyes a bit haphazardly. Noticing out of the corner of her brown intelligent lifeless eyes through the lens of the glasses upon her brow. A women someone she did not know and rather strangely? Her mouth started salivating and she felt rather famished all of a sudden.

Peculiar but nonetheless she met the women's eyes head on holding her hat awkwardly and trying to push off the wall and not trip and make an ignoramus out of herself. Her voice warm a rather charming titter that of an intellectual scholar!

"Well hello their fine lass! Would you happen to know who I am? I'm quite perplexed you see and could really use the assistance. Hopefully, it shall not be bothersome right...though I think I am dribbling saliva from my lower lip!"

How dreadful she indeed was drooling! Simply ghastly an appalled expression marring her features. Her tone apologetic as she regretfully wiped her mouth and tried to swallow her own spittle to prevent such an unseemly sight from happening again.

"Oh how troubling! I was oh my word!
Poor lass forgive poor Dalia for I did not mean to let myself appear with the image of perversion."

Giving a light curtsy for her transgression. Hopefully, the women would not believe untoward thoughts had been present. Though the fairer sex perhaps instinctively was appealing to this intellectual. She was certainly a woman of much class.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:39:12 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 04:37:59 pm »

Vadym, after deliberating for a few minutes on whether or not to join our intrepid highwayman, decides to indeed abandon the cart in favor of meeting with the famed 'Immortal Hunter' that was to be his boss for the foreseeable future. He climbs the steps to stand beside the former bandit.

"Привіт! You must be here to see the same man as I, no?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 06:11:56 pm »

Bonjour!...among all of my new aquaintances, moight any yough know why we have been invited to this...residence? ' Pierre inquires, rather quietly as he is well aware that speaking at a normal or elevated pitch might startle the surrounding neighborhood given the power of his large lungs.I am afraid the letter presented to me was a bit vauge and I had to squint to read the small text...I assume we are here to see a Mr, price but if any of you know any further details... he trails off fearing he may have rambled or been misunderstood.
 he runs a finger through his hair and checks a glance at his toolkit to calm his nerves a bit.
It has been a few years since he was invited to meet any one of any importance who was not on a building committee or helping to announce commemorations related to the war, or other such now familiar staples, he remembered fondly helping to make recent expansions to the  Imperial National Library but there at least he did not feel complete vexed

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:37 pm »

"No. I do not know anything about this man."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 01:42:27 am »

Cordell loitered on the steps, kicking at some loose dirt on the worn stone. He looked bored, or at least very disinterested in his current activity, looking up and around every couple moments to check for any changes in his surroundings.

He doesn't say anything at first to the two that had joined him (but a keen eye would have noticed he seemed to be sizing up the new companion.) After a moment, however, he speaks up. "Can't say I do. All I know is he's with the Bureau." He punctuates his sentence by jerking his head in a vague motion towards the building they were all standing near. "So whoever he is, he probably isn't here to serve tea."

Cordell wasn't nervous, per-se, but it wasn't hard to tell he wasn't exactly keen on sticking around. After learning that nobody really knew anything, his periodic glances around seemed to be focused less on people and more on the surrounding streets and alleys.

"So..." he ventures, "Where are you two from?" It was a poor, awkward effort at getting to know his companions, but there it was.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2018, 10:39:47 am »

"Britannia. We ... lived in the Slavic neighborhood."

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2018, 06:07:48 pm »

Could someone post a link to the ooc thread? I don't want to clog this up further by asking where the OP went 1000, times in the main thread...

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 08:59:12 pm »

We have an OOC thread? Oh, crap, right.

Here it is.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2018, 09:08:59 pm »

"Ah, so you two already know eachother?" says Cordell, nodding towards the other giant.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2018, 09:41:39 pm »

Nahw, Ive never met any of you fellows before not that I have anything against any of yough as for my ohrigins 'was born in the grey hills draconia and put to work when I was only a little biggher than the largest humans, not a pleaseant neighbor that place was, lawless. I got out as soon as I could not nearly ssoon enough, lived with the francs, the frenchies, the middlelanders of this realm since The War...what about you if you donmind me asking

*Pierre slowly and deliberately moves from a leaning crouch into a full cross leggedsitting position bringing him almost to eye level with his the larger of his small companions*

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2018, 10:41:21 pm »

"I just meant my family and I. This large man here, I do not know."

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2018, 11:58:29 pm »

"Hm." grunts Cordell. He crosses his arms, keeping a wary eye on the frenchman (frenchgiant?). "I'm from New England. Massachusetts area, thereabouts." He listens to the Russian speak before adding, "So that makes us three perfect strangers. Wonderful." His tone implied some light sarcasm. "Either of you two working with the Bureau?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5