Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 435541 times)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1785 on: November 12, 2015, 12:49:09 pm »

The machine spirit hates me, as I did not even get a chance here... Well, who is starting up the second part? Or are we waiting for an update?
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 12, 2015, 01:12:33 pm »

I have one last idea for how to save this.  I shall beseech the Highest priest of Great ArmokThe Toady One
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 12, 2015, 01:13:54 pm »

I have one last idea for how to save this.  I shall beseech the Highest priest of Great ArmokThe Toady One.

You FOOL! DO you not know what powers you invoke?

Go for it^^
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 12, 2015, 01:25:58 pm »

Seriously, if you guys start another fortress in the same region (near Datetattooed) it should totally have its own Drazoth. Though I forget what number we were on. Also, I want in.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 12, 2015, 01:59:41 pm »

That's the problem.  If we can't fix the save, we can't use the region.  And we are still on the third Drazoth for now.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 12, 2015, 06:24:41 pm »

That's the problem.  If we can't fix the save, we can't use the region.  And we are still on the third Drazoth for now.

None of the earlier saves are useable?
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 12, 2015, 06:56:52 pm »

yes, but i have the feeling that they will corrupt as well.  Let's wait it out and see if The Toady One will lend us his assistance.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 12, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »

yes, but i have the feeling that they will corrupt as well.
Bastiongate was hit with save corruption on load. I restored a backup and it plays fine.

At what part of the save loading does it crash?

...Did those great horned owls hatch a short time before you saved last?

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 12, 2015, 09:04:10 pm »

no clue about the owls.  It rashes on loading tracking data.  I've tried restoring a back up, but it corrupted on the first save afterword.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 12, 2015, 09:07:58 pm »

Have you been using the internal save function, or DFHack's quicksave? If you've been using the internal save, be aware that it's bugged and will eventually corrupt the save file. (and/or already has corrupted the save file)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 13, 2015, 04:18:24 pm »

no clue about the owls.  It crashes on loading tracking data.
AHA! It's the same bug that hit Bastiongate and someone else's save! Birds hatching can sometimes cause saves to crash when loading tracking data!

Try restoring that backup, but this time autodump destroy all the fort's eggs.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 14, 2015, 12:17:38 am »

Greetings denizens of Doomforest, it is I Sanctume who damn spent almost 2 weeks catching up reading this amazing piece of work (mostly reading from work, ha).

I hope the save gets to working.  I'm definitely interested in being dorfed and play a turn. 

If not, then perhaps to Datetatooed?

Kevral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 14, 2015, 03:26:39 pm »

I can try having a poke at the save, but I'd only be looking at it with a programmer's eye, and not experienced at dealing with DF save corruption.

Still interested in raking a turn wherever the fort ends up though!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 14, 2015, 11:37:10 pm »

Hmmm, grabbed the save from page 35 I think.

Deconstructed all the nest boxes, destroyed all the eggs, those owls by the barracks are locked behind a forbidden door with two nest boxes in a 2x1 room with two adult animals in it, I can't imagine having a bunch of baby owls hatch into that room would be a good thing.

Not seriously doing anything besides basic maintenance if something pops up (gave the elves a wooden cage then seized their animals/fruit and told them to suck it) but just letting it run to see how it does with that change.

Oh, I don't know what it might have been but there is no harm in removing the brackets from the [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STEPLADDER] under the dorf entity token, you can already make them so at most it would just keep new civs from making them... and there will be no new civs, soooo.

A goblin and a couple trolls stopped by to drop off a boxed lunch for Smunstu, don't know why, goblins don't eat.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1799 on: November 15, 2015, 08:39:37 am »

It lives!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 144