Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 999582 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2016, 02:45:18 pm »

Rape reports in Sweden have went up 900% since they started unrestricted feminism. That's over a 36 year period but Norway and Denmark have not gotten anywhere near the same increase in that time period.
FTFY

<ducks>
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2016, 02:46:46 pm »

Rape reports in Sweden have went up 900% since they started unrestricted feminism. That's over a 36 year period but Norway and Denmark have not gotten anywhere near the same increase in that time period.
FTFY

Well, I'm not one to stop anything against the f-word, but when you compare the rate of increase of the immigrant population and the rate of increase of rape accusations then you see a much clearer pattern.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2016, 02:46:59 pm »

One red flag is when one person flip-flops on the type of evidence they use.

For example, women's rights advocates traditionally reject police data as indicative of rape or domestic violence prevalence, due to under-reporting and police bias. They say surveys give the big picture. And I'm 100% happy with that. But if the survey data is your primary evidence you then have to go where the survey data takes you.

The same advocates ignore the survey data of men's victimizations which are in the same surveys they just quoted, and if you check their domestic-violence "fact-sheets" they usually have a "men aren't victims" statement in there, and they use police data as the only source for this assertion - implying few women abuse because more men are arrested for it. But, I thought we were on the same page here, and police data isn't reliable to make statements about domestic violence and sexual assault? I'm getting confused, it's almost as the logic isn't consistent here or something ...

Another example, Mary Koss was the creator of the modern rape-survey, and is an advisor to the CDC's survey group. In 2010 they added a "being made to penetrate" category for men. The wording is extremely similar to Mary Koss' rape question for women. The rationale was that they thought there might be some "false positives" in the "rape" category. i.e. their surveys said 3% of rape victims are men, and they wanted to try and squeeze that as close to zero as possible. But what happened instead is that the whole thing exploded in their face. 1.7% of men report "being made to penetrate" against their will in the same year that 1.6% of women reported rape.

"Not legitimate rape" is how Mary Koss in articles and the CDC consider male victims who had a female rapist. The FBI doesn't make this distinction: forced sex is legally rape regardless of gender. She's the feminist Todd Aiken, basically, telling rape victims their rapes weren't proper rapes.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:35:12 pm by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2016, 02:50:27 pm »

A recent studies/survey in the Netherlands would indicate that in cases of domestic violence, there's about a 50/50 ratio between women and men being the victim.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2016, 02:55:13 pm »

A recent studies/survey in the Netherlands would indicate that in cases of domestic violence, there's about a 50/50 ratio between women and men being the victim.

It's more 25/50/25 where the 25s are only one individual being the violent one and the 50 is both are reciprocally violent. It's actually what Erin Pizzey (the woman who founded the first women's domestic violence shelter) said before people shot her dog and started constantly harassing her. Seriously, look it up.

EDIT: Apparently her dog didn't die, just got shot.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:57:00 pm by nullBolt »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2016, 02:56:15 pm »

It's more 25/50/25 where the 25s are only one individual being the violent one and the 50 is both are reciprocally violent. It's actually what Erin Pizzey (the woman who founded the first women's domestic violence shelter) said before people killed her dog and started constantly harassing her. Seriously, look it up.
That sounds about right.

EDIT: In more news, nightclubs and bars in Denmark are instating a new rule, where they will deny access to anyone who does not speak Danish, English, or German.
Next to that, a lot of these business are hiring extra doormen to 'deal' with refugee guests who fail to keep their hands off women.
Amnesty International has protested the language restrictiong as being dicriminatory, but the branche organisation Danmarks Restauranter og Cafeer denies the accusation. They say the measure is solely put in place for the increased safety of visitors: "if guests enter that show threatening behaviour, it is a big challenge for security to deal with it if they cannot try to engage in conversation".
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:05:39 pm by martinuzz »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2016, 03:06:54 pm »

There's a good Australian cite called oneinthree which talks about the data for Australia.

Male victims make up about 1 in 3 Australian reports of domestic violence, and that doubled over the last decade. But of course, women did not become more violence between 2005-2015, men are just reporting it more now because it's becoming more openly discussed. Most telling, a year 2001 survey of Australian children found that equal proportions report "mummy hits daddy" as "daddy hits mummy".

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2016, 03:16:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

D:

Looking at that graph...thats not just women...thats the entire Adult Population...i call bullshit. You simply can't have 100% of the Adult population be sexually harrassed...

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2016, 03:17:18 pm »

EDIT: In more news, nightclubs and bars in Denmark are instating a new rule, where they will deny access to anyone who does not speak Danish, English, or German.
Next to that, a lot of these business are hiring extra doormen to 'deal' with refugee guests who fail to keep their hands off women.
Amnesty International has protested the language restrictiong as being dicriminatory, but the branche organisation Danmarks Restauranter og Cafeer denies the accusation. They say the measure is solely put in place for the increased safety of visitors: "if guests enter that show threatening behaviour, it is a big challenge for security to deal with it if they cannot try to engage in conversation".

Can you source that, please?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2016, 03:18:42 pm »

you have to use crazy obscure sources to get any real sort of information about a case.

And therein lies the way down the rabbit hole. Jet fuel can't melt steel beams, after all.

Of course. Any sort of questioning of facts is a conspiracy theory.
There's questioning, and then there's "WAKE UP SHEEPLE! MSM is all in a conspiracy to hide Muslim atrocities right in front of our eyes because....well, just because!"
When you have to rely on obscure, questionable, highly biased "media" sources to build your argument, that might be a sign there's something wrong with your argument.

I have to ask, did you read the rest of my post or did you just cherrypick those two sentences out to respond to?
Yeah, I read it. And to be bluntly honest, I don't see much difference in the logic from the 9/11 truthers, the birthers, the "Sandy Hook was a hoax" gun nuts, the Flat Earthers, or any other number of assorted nutters who cherrypick info from a handful of crazy-ass undocumented sources and cling to that as "truth" while dismissing all mainstream media reports as some kind of elaborate propaganda/cover-up.

Yes, cover-ups do happen. For a little while. Rarely are they permanent, because people talk and because nobody is competent enough to hide all evidence forever.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2016, 03:30:32 pm »

There are plenty of things that got written off and mocked as conspiracy theories for decades, until some declassified document or long-silent, reliable witness comes forth and reveals that, oh shit, it all actually happened after all! My favorite example of this is Richard "Dickhead" Nixon, but I can think of several others. Just because big media outlets don't cover it (or don't cover it favorably) doesn't mean it isn't true.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:34:15 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »

Idk, some evidence is quite compelling, but you still don't want to believe it.

e.g. for the Oklahoma Bombing, there is the local commercial TV news footage (in the immediate aftermath) which talks about unexploded bombs found inside the partially-damaged building. Which is pretty weird TV footage to even exist, seeing as officially they deny there were any such bombs, yet we have mainstream local TV footage of them saying that there were. ATF is pretty dodgy in my opinion, they turned up in all sorts of scandals around the same time, 1992+, Waco and Ruby Ridge etc. That was their own building that got blown up, but amazingly they were the only people in the building who didn't go to work that day. Every other organization which had space in that building suffered casualties. And wtf were other bombs doing in there? The bombing switched the media coverage from "ATF are assholes" to "ATF are heroes" and netted the local ATF about $25 million in additional funding. Profit.

Another 1990's example is the Judy Bari bombing. You have an Earth First anti-logging activist, and a pipe bomb goes off in her car, and minutes later a newly-created FBI counter-terrorism task force descends on the scene and arrests her as a terrorist transporting a bomb (for some reason she stuck a motion-sensitive pipe bomb under her ass - it put her in a wheelchair for life). Later, it turns out every single agent there was trained at "bomb school" by the lead agent 1 month prior, and they practiced planting pipe bombs in cars and responding to the incident. Bomb school was held on land belonging to the logging company that was the target of the protests. BTW, the same logging company was also spreading forged Earth First literature which contained violent threats, but they had elementary mistakes such as signing the name of the leader of Earth First "Daryl Cheney" when his name actually has 2 r's. A guy is unlikely to both mistype and mis-sign his own name.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 04:07:04 pm by Reelya »

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2016, 03:54:58 pm »

FTFY

Well, I'm not one to stop anything against the f-word, but when you compare the rate of increase of the immigrant population and the rate of increase of rape accusations then you see a much clearer pattern.

***THIS IS ALL UTTER BULLSHIT***

You're right, man. Feminism does not explain the rape epidemic because the reporting rates have been going down. Have you seen the latest rape statistics from Sweden, by the way? They're so fucking horrible that it's no wonder the authorities don't want us to see them. D:

Earlier today, an independent feminist NGO known as Women's Rights Watch Sverige published their own unofficial statistics of unreported rape in Sweden, and the numbers have far outstripped the worst fears of the country's most concerned citizens. Gunilla Bergström, CEO of Women's Rights Watch, assesses the findings in no uncertain terms: "The only conclusion that can be drawn from this dataset is that the entire immigrant population of Sweden is waging an outright war against light-skinned, non-Muslim women – and the women have already lost." According to WRWS, the total number of unreported rape offences has increased by 229 000 each year, for the last five years, whereas the rate of reporting has plummeted from the earlier 5% to an abysmal 0.0005% during the interval. Bergström continues: "We are now at the point where over 45% of Swedish women will be raped at least once within the next two months, and 23% will be raped over eight times in the same time period. In addition, our estimates indicate that at least 29 000 Swedish women have been brutally murdered during sexual assault by immigrant gangs, and approximately 13% of all light-skinned, non-Muslim women have been forced into sexual slavery to their Muslim 'husbands.'" According to an anonymous government spokesperson, the WRWS is going to face charges of treason for leaking classified information.

***THIS IS ALL UTTER BULLSHIT***
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 04:37:56 pm by SirQuiamus »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2016, 03:58:00 pm »

Out of curiosity, how does one determine the number of unreported rapes? I can see a very obvious problem with finding that out.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2016, 04:00:06 pm »

Out of curiosity, how does one determine the number of unreported rapes? I can see a very obvious problem with finding that out.

Population - reported cases?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 793