Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729]

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2120371 times)

Urist McNuup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #10920 on: March 12, 2024, 11:45:36 am »

I had a stockpile set aside for cheap stones that my jewelers can cut as training and decoration for furniture. To do so I just disabled everything except 'Other Stone' from a stone stockpile. A good while later I found adamantine and started to carefully excavate it. I set an automatic order to have it extracted and melted and forgot about the whole process. About one season later I wanted to order the first adamantine weapons but couldnt find the bars. Searching the stocks I found several cut 'raw adamantine cabachons'. This was how I learned that adamantine is not listed as economic rock.

pganon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #10921 on: Today at 12:42:32 pm »

Year 7 in Learnsyrup. Yep, that's the name. Things start to work out, first cave spiders captured, booze shortage almost addressed. 47.04 is difficult.

A werebuffalo appears and slaughters the designated peacocks that are pastured in strategic places. One dwarf is still out there, the werebeast almost has her. I decide to close the drawbridge---I cannot take on a werebuffalo at the moment.

Checking how the dwarf is doing. The werebeast has transformed without leaving a fight report for the dwarf, so everything seems to be fine. But now the dwarf is close to the drawbridge, with the "pull the lever" task active. Quickly, quickly, cancel the job at the lever.

3 months later. A goblin siege is here, and I wait for each and every peacock to enter the enclosure. Until I pull the... wait, where is the... WTF... MY LEVER

Never noticed how close the C (cancel) is to the X (destruct).
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729]