Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 278877 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2. The 'not dakarian' deal.  No, I don't act the way I did when I first started playing.  I've had half a year of postings and a large batch of ChatMafia to practice on.  I use a good deal more aggression and emotion in my games now, especially when I'm in 'pressure' mode.  Your meta is old for one thing.

So you're playing more poorly. Great. Maybe the problem isn't us pointing out you're not playing like you used to and you should of continued to act like you used to because you played better back then.

6. Point missing:

- Ok, so I DO make mistakes.  Often.  It's the basis behind my Scans: so I can pull accurate information.

Now here's the question: how is that scummy?  For that matter, how is making mistakes 'undakarian'? 

Well, if making mistakes isn't scummy, I guess you no longer have a case at all against me. Oh wait, you sitll think I'm scum. Hypocrite.

-second off, why didn't I use it on Webadict?  Same reason why I didn't vote for him.  I fought with him in Day 1 to get a read on him and what I found didn't show off scum.  When the town charged headlong into web, I read the reasons and found them lacking:

I thought you said you wanted to use the daykill to give the town a second lynch. I guess you didn't really mean that and instead meant that you would kill whoever you thought was scum. There's nothing wrong with that, except you know, lying about it.

Why didn't I use it at all day 1?  Day 1 has almost no good information to work off of and I felt I'd be alive for at least that long.  Since my power goes away after Day 3, I was left either shooting on Day 2 or taking a chance on Day 3.  I took the safer route and claimed on Day 2.

What happened to Day one being the most important day, filled with information for future days?

12. Dakarian = Logically, with well-structured, well-researched arguments, and not appealing to emotion.

Old meta is old.

ChatMafia changed a good bit in me. 

Then change it back.

13. The 'give scum two mislynchs'

It IS wifom.  I'm trying to give the town a free lynch.. but that's what I want you to think!

Yes, that is what you want us to think. It's not true, however, so you lied.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

It IS wifom.  I'm trying to give the town a free lynch.. but that's what I want you to think!

Please stop spreading WIFOM.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

Dubble-post edit: Hey wait a second.

Dak's whole day-kill deal WAS... oh, dammit.

I still blame Mr. Person for bringing it up, it would've been juuuuuust peachy otherwise.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please stop spreading WIFOM.

I don't care about the WIFOM, it's far more interesting to me that Dakarian claims he wanted to give the town an extra lynch, then denied giving the town a lynch it wanted.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Ok, new plan.

Lynch me instead. People are spending a lot of time and energy arguing with dakarian about whether or not he's scum. He's not, but the only way I can prove that is to die. So, fine, if that's what it takes to get the rest of you focused on looking for the real scum so be it.

We can afford a mislynch today, and having Dak as a confirmed townie will be much more helpful then all this arguing. Even if the scum NK him, you've got pages worth of his analysis that you can use and actually trust.

unvote CobaltKobold.

vote mephansteras
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

So mates, this is either a very nice confirmation or an insane Refuge in Audacity.

I'd like to think that it's a confirmation of both Meph and Dak, but somehow I doubt it.

The only issue is we don't want to kill a valuable power-role. On the other hand, we gain a confirmed experienced player.

For now, though... I'm willing to take his word for it, and I want to finish Cobalt. Come on now, Meph.
Rules are for suckers.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly, I don't think my role is going to help that much more at this point. I doubt there are any more day-kills waiting for anything other then LYLO, and day-kills are by far the most useful use of my power. Other then that it doesn't really help much for me to determine that, yes, the mafia NK'd the one person who died the night before. *shrug*

I'm still willing to lynch Cobalt, but unless we can convince the people who aren't voting for her to switch, it's not going to matter. So I think we're better off as a whole if I get lynched today. From that you should (hopefully) have enough information form the past few days to get a better lead of actually finding out who's scum.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Meh, become the 'confirmed townie' for the next day or take out Cobalt. 

I guess I can go with that.  It'll end the "don't believe you because your scum" fussings everyone has, keeps Sir from blocking someone with a good role (since mine is already used up and I imaigne I would need the protection), and lets us be able to focus on others more (i.e Mr.Person and Cobalt, and many of the folks that love to hide).

Very well, though just in case something goes wrong in the night, I'll want time to make an overall writeup.

Unvote-CobaltKobold
Vote Mephansteras

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

list your list of list list hahah

That's not at all what I'm saying.  Let me explain this again again.

1.  All of us were at 1-L for Cobalt in this mafia game.
2.  Cheeetar tells ToonyMan to lynch Cobalt because ToonyMan said he was scum earlier.
3.  ToonyMan says no.
4.  Cheeetar asks why.
5.  ToonyMan says Cheeetar wants to use ToonyMan as a way to lynch CobaltKobold(town).  Cheeetar(scum) THEN can try to get ToonyMan(town) lynched tomorrow ON THE NEXT DAY.  NEXT DAY NEXT DAY.

Why in the world can you not understand this?!
I'll tell you to hammer a townie, and then lynch you the next day for hammering a townie? That would be stupid of me, especially if I was already voting that specific townie. This is not to say I believe Cobalt is a townie.

WHY ARE YOU A TARGET TO ME?

You are telling me to lynch a townie, you pop out of nowhere quote what I said early 'cause you know my "tunnelvision" yaddha yaddha so you hoped you could use that against me, IT DIDN'T WORK.
You're saying I'm angry that you didn't lynch Cobalt, so I want to lynch you instead? I was simply asking why, if you did believe Cobalt was scum, you weren't lynching him.

WHY AM I SUSPICIOUS TO YOU?

Oh, isn't this the same thing, oh wait.  You think I'm going to target you in the night?  WUT?  Find this quote I don't remember saying that at all.
I didn't say anything about you targetting in the night. You may have misunderstood one of my posts.

WHY IS COBALT A TARGET TO ME?

This makes no sense.  I don't know what Cobalt is going to do.
Earlier you were going on about how I was scum because I wanted to kill you and Cobalt (or atleast, it looked like that to me).

Also, what changed your mind about Cobalt being a scum? Don't just quote a post and leave it. Quote a post, explain which parts. Put some effort in.

TOONYMAN ONLY TUNNELVISION HAHAHA I CAN GET HIM WITH THIS

Stop saying nonsense, I have absolutely NO CLUE what you are babbling about with targets and all.
Earlier you believed Cobalt was scum, because he was in one of your lists about who the scum was. Now, you don't. What changed your mind?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I don't understand why lynching Mephansteras will confirm Dakarian. Would anybody care to explain?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't understand why lynching Mephansteras will confirm Dakarian. Would anybody care to explain?

My role is the Blacksmith, I can identify the weapon used to kill someone and whether or not that person was town or scum. After dakarian day-killed ExKirby I investigated the kill and was told by Pandarsenic that the person who did the kill was town-aligned. Therefore, dakarian is town.

Note: This all happened day 2, so he can't have been converted by Leafsnail Night 1.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Dakarian [4]: Rashilul, ToonyMan, CobaltKobold, Mr.Person
ToonyMan [1]: Eduren
CobaltKobold [4]: Cheeetar, Vector, Webadict, SirBayer
Mephansteras [3]: Org, Mephansteras, Dakarian

Still alive: SirBayer, Cheeetar, Dakarian, SHAD0Wdump (INACTIVE, REPLACEMENT NEEDED), Vector, Mr.Person, Mephansteras, Eduren, ToonyMan, Webadict, Org, CobaltKobold, Rashilul, RedWarrior0
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 05:55:17 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Still asking for Rash to be dealt with btw.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I prodded him, if that's what you meant.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Why is Meph voting meph
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 151