Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 278774 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day4 - 12 alive, 2/2 replacements gained
« Reply #1890 on: December 17, 2009, 12:23:49 am »

Sorry, I missed that you had responded. Unvote Mr. Person

I also clearly missed whatever it was that ties Meph and Dak together so that they are either both or neither scum, but couldn't be, say Dak and Mr. Person as scum.

I think my lesson here is I need to reread the thread. Again. And perhaps pay more attention this time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 17, 2009, 12:28:40 am »

Sorry, I missed that you had responded. Unvote Mr. Person

I also clearly missed whatever it was that ties Meph and Dak together so that they are either both or neither scum, but couldn't be, say Dak and Mr. Person as scum.

I think my lesson here is I need to reread the thread. Again. And perhaps pay more attention this time.
It's not really both or neither. It's:

If dak is Mafia, Meph is Mafia.
If Meph is Town, dak is Town.

If the subsequent is not listed, the consequent is undetermined.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 17, 2009, 12:54:00 am »

So Meph could be Mafia, and Dak could be town, logically, but it would be unlikely?

Which still gives me know clue as to why, empirically, what you've described would be the case.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 17, 2009, 12:57:15 am »

So Meph could be Mafia, and Dak could be town, logically, but it would be unlikely?

Which still gives me know clue as to why, empirically, what you've described would be the case.

Did you not see the part where Meph has a role which lets him find out the alignment that performed a kill, and Dakarian Day-vigged ExKirby?  Unless Dakarian is some sort of strange anti-miller, Meph and Dakarian are extremely likely to have the same alignment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 17, 2009, 01:36:57 am »

Yeah. My role lets me investigate a kill to see the alignment of the person who performed a kill. Normally, this isn't that useful. But when someone claims a kill, like dakarian with the day-kill on ExKirby, it lets me immediately check that person's alignment.

I checked dakarian after he performed the day-kill and got a pro-town result.

The reason people believe that I am town is that I pushed for a lynch on myself yesterday in order to get dakarian confirmed. As it was, we lynched CobaltKobold instead but it took my self-lynch attempt to break the deadlock we had going. So it worked out even better then I'd hoped.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 17, 2009, 01:37:44 am »

Unless Dakarian is some sort of strange anti-miller, Meph and Dakarian are extremely likely to have the same alignment.
Isn't it possible that Pandar could be screwing with Meph?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 17, 2009, 01:45:27 am »

Unless Dakarian is some sort of strange anti-miller, Meph and Dakarian are extremely likely to have the same alignment.
Isn't it possible that Pandar could be screwing with Meph?

Yeah, sorry.  I forgot the other "unreliable results" direction.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 17, 2009, 02:08:32 am »

Like I said, we have better people to go after than Dakarian and Meph. We've talked about Dakarian a lot already. Of course, if anybody wants to talk about Dak or Meph, nobody's going to stop you or anything, I just think we'd be better off talking about other people. For instance:

Or perhaps, we can go with logistics: If Mr.Person is scum, then dakarian AND Mephansteras cannot be scum. If both Mephansteras and dakarian are scum, then it is impossible for Mr.Person to be scum.

However, it's more likely they are BOTH not scum.

What the heck? When town Webadict says a person is scum, he's direct, in-your-face, and loud. Here, Webadict merely implies I'm scum. He gives no reasoning. He states no suspiscions outright. He doesn't post his thoughts. No, this is NOT town Webadict.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 17, 2009, 04:30:34 am »

Like I said, we have better people to go after than Dakarian and Meph. We've talked about Dakarian a lot already. Of course, if anybody wants to talk about Dak or Meph, nobody's going to stop you or anything, I just think we'd be better off talking about other people. For instance:

Or perhaps, we can go with logistics: If Mr.Person is scum, then dakarian AND Mephansteras cannot be scum. If both Mephansteras and dakarian are scum, then it is impossible for Mr.Person to be scum.

What the heck? When town Webadict says a person is scum, he's direct, in-your-face, and loud. Here, Webadict merely implies I'm scum. He gives no reasoning. He states no suspiscions outright. He doesn't post his thoughts. No, this is NOT town Webadict.

No no no no no no no. We do not read Webadict's meta. It is not possible. You only have a chance by trying to see if Webadict is trying to fit his meta, not if Webadict is acting what seems to be normally.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 17, 2009, 04:44:18 am »

VOTE COUNT MERRYMAKING
ToonyMan [2]: Cheeetar, Diakron
Mr.Person [2]: Dakarian, RedWarrior0
Org [2]: Webadict, Mephansteras
Cheeetar [1]: ToonyMan
Webadict [1]: Mr.Person
Diakron [1]: Vector

==[] to lynch
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:05:12 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: December 17, 2009, 04:58:33 am »

So, Redwarrior0 has 2 votes?

Also: STOP! HAMMERTIME!

Just to see if it works.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 17, 2009, 05:05:01 am »

Cheeetar is smacked upside the head with a mallet

You saw nothing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 17, 2009, 05:23:16 am »

I was half expecting it to work.
I've played some mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 17, 2009, 07:47:31 am »

First of all, I have yet to see a meta argument ever actually work against me. Second of all, you didn't even do it CORRECTLY! I was going off the fact that there are ONLY TWO SCUM, moron. How that implies that I'm calling you scum is somehow a stretch of an argument.

Like, airport runway stretch.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 17, 2009, 11:55:58 am »

You see why I've deemed him scum then.  Just a whiff at him thinking you are against him and he charges headlong into you.

Meanwhile.. doing an odd scan on Org.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 151