Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 278769 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day4 - 12 alive, 2/2 replacements gained
« Reply #1905 on: December 17, 2009, 12:25:43 pm »

You see why I've deemed him scum then.  Just a whiff at him thinking you are against him and he charges headlong into you.

Meanwhile.. doing an odd scan on Org.
Coo dood

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: December 17, 2009, 12:47:16 pm »

Ok..  I'm officiallky going to cry but... I think I found Org's meta.. and it's wrong on so many levels.

I scanned for Org's meta because he's normally unreadable.  All attempts to scumhunt him normally just leads to tears.  Normally, that's from the person flinging newtells, but Org is NOT new.  Still, now that I have a few recent games where he was scum I decided to take the Meta route and see if I can crack him in this game, at least. 

Org was scum in NSBM2 and Color Mafia.  He was town in a few other games.  I just did a quickscan to compare and noticed something:  When he was scum in both games, he always lurked but when he showed up he scumhunted.  You see him vote, attack, prod, and even quote to go after someone.  It actually suggested pro-town antics. 

Elsewhere?  Pure activelurk.  A vote here or there, but mostly he goofs around and becomes useless to the town as a whole. 

It's...it's like the anti-player!  He looks more townish as scum and scumish as town.  THAT'S why everyone wants to lynch him when he's town but ignores him when he's scum. 

Seriously.. if THAT's his meta then I might actually start trying to do something drastic to change it.  But that's another day, another game.  This game, if I were to go by the meta, Org's actions are meh and, thus, it suggest's he's town.  A town that's becoming so anti-town that he's actually helping us LOSE, but...town.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: December 17, 2009, 02:19:52 pm »

You see why I've deemed him scum then.  Just a whiff at him thinking you are against him and he charges headlong into you.

I've been voting him for a good bit now.

Like I said, we have better people to go after than Dakarian and Meph. We've talked about Dakarian a lot already. Of course, if anybody wants to talk about Dak or Meph, nobody's going to stop you or anything, I just think we'd be better off talking about other people. For instance:

Or perhaps, we can go with logistics: If Mr.Person is scum, then dakarian AND Mephansteras cannot be scum. If both Mephansteras and dakarian are scum, then it is impossible for Mr.Person to be scum.

However, it's more likely they are BOTH not scum.

What the heck? When town Webadict says a person is scum, he's direct, in-your-face, and loud. Here, Webadict merely implies I'm scum. He gives no reasoning. He states no suspiscions outright. He doesn't post his thoughts. No, this is NOT town Webadict.
First of all, I have yet to see a meta argument ever actually work against me. Second of all, you didn't even do it CORRECTLY! I was going off the fact that there are ONLY TWO SCUM, moron. How that implies that I'm calling you scum is somehow a stretch of an argument.

Like, airport runway stretch.

First off, you're not answering the big question, though. Who's scum? Second off, yes, I've seen you in many a game. You're usually in-your-face and aggressive as all fuck when you're town. You're not doing that, so I can only assume you're scum.

@Dakarian: You've just encouraged Org to lurk, in a way. The reality is, Org should scumhunt all the time, of course. Not faulting you or anything, so don't fret about that too much.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 17, 2009, 02:22:40 pm »

I've been voting him for a good bit now.

Like I said, we have better people to go after than Dakarian and Meph. We've talked about Dakarian a lot already. Of course, if anybody wants to talk about Dak or Meph, nobody's going to stop you or anything, I just think we'd be better off talking about other people. For instance:

Or perhaps, we can go with logistics: If Mr.Person is scum, then dakarian AND Mephansteras cannot be scum. If both Mephansteras and dakarian are scum, then it is impossible for Mr.Person to be scum.

However, it's more likely they are BOTH not scum.

What the heck? When town Webadict says a person is scum, he's direct, in-your-face, and loud. Here, Webadict merely implies I'm scum. He gives no reasoning. He states no suspiscions outright. He doesn't post his thoughts. No, this is NOT town Webadict.
First of all, I have yet to see a meta argument ever actually work against me. Second of all, you didn't even do it CORRECTLY! I was going off the fact that there are ONLY TWO SCUM, moron. How that implies that I'm calling you scum is somehow a stretch of an argument.

Like, airport runway stretch.

First off, you're not answering the big question, though. Who's scum? Second off, yes, I've seen you in many a game. You're usually in-your-face and aggressive as all fuck when you're town. You're not doing that, so I can only assume you're scum.

@Dakarian: You've just encouraged Org to lurk, in a way. The reality is, Org should scumhunt all the time, of course. Not faulting you or anything, so don't fret about that too much.
... I did say who I thought was scum, but it's awesome that you're basing an argument on me like that. I'm going to lynch Org. Clearly, he killed Night 2. That's why there was no block. You had to switch it up. :P

(Plus, it didn't matter, because I was already blocked.)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: December 17, 2009, 02:30:18 pm »

Actually, no.  I'm effectively killing off the Org is Org defense by showing that Org can very much NOT act like Org.  Essentially, I'm nullifying his meta.  The process saves him from me this game.  Next game, he will be very wise to change up..as, again, I know he can.

@everyone

Do I need to do a rolling push on everyone again? 
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 17, 2009, 02:39:41 pm »

If Org IS scum, we'll know when we get down to only one scum left. He can't block AND nightkill, so he'll either be clear, nightkilled, or give the town a whole bunch of nights with no nightkill. Any of those would be great.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: December 17, 2009, 03:04:31 pm »

If Org IS scum, we'll know when we get down to only one scum left. He can't block AND nightkill, so he'll either be clear, nightkilled, or give the town a whole bunch of nights with no nightkill. Any of those would be great.
Perhaps. Pandarsenic MIGHT allow double actions for Mafia though I have no idea. I just think he's scum, and I believe you're scummy.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: December 17, 2009, 03:33:48 pm »

That'll work for me. 

Meanwhile, took a look back at the start..we have 4 scum, not 3.  1 was lynched, and one a convert.  To be honest, if we just focus on Day 2 and beyond that 'convert' will be just another mafia, so really we can just think of it as 3 again. 

In fact, with 12 alive and 3 scum, we're now at 3 mislynches before we lose, with a No Lynch before lylo.  A typical game now.  We're better off than a typical game, though, since we have a month and a half of data to read for data. 

*ponders about a Day 3 based wide scan*

I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 17, 2009, 03:36:41 pm »

ok i'm confused what the hell is going on now??? :(
Back to Mafia with me!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: December 17, 2009, 03:37:27 pm »

Web, I'll assume that you decided to ask me that question rather than ponder it as a statement, and simply say that very few, if any, of this game's players would be able to double-action; if they were, it would be directly related to their role's entire power.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: December 17, 2009, 04:05:17 pm »

That'll work for me. 

Meanwhile, took a look back at the start..we have 4 scum, not 3.  1 was lynched, and one a convert.  To be honest, if we just focus on Day 2 and beyond that 'convert' will be just another mafia, so really we can just think of it as 3 again. 

In fact, with 12 alive and 3 scum, we're now at 3 mislynches before we lose, with a No Lynch before lylo.  A typical game now.  We're better off than a typical game, though, since we have a month and a half of data to read for data. 

*ponders about a Day 3 based wide scan*

... Huh?

... Then, that means there are TWO from that list plus another!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: December 17, 2009, 04:11:08 pm »

Vector
Mr.Person
Mephansteras
Eduren
ToonyMan
Webadict
Org
This list.

That would mean Mr.Person and Org could in fact be original scum (Also, I guess this means that dak, Meph, and Mr.Person COULD all be mafia :P)

Wow, we're dumb... We forgot the real number of mafia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 17, 2009, 04:13:34 pm »

Well, I dont know who is scum, so how can I rb teh scumzorz?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: December 17, 2009, 04:53:04 pm »

Alright, we've had sufficient talk about various subjects that I feel putting this out here would be good for the town.

You see, kiddies, I'm the IRS. I can check a person's tax records to see their alignment. On the first night, I found out ToonyMan was pro-town. On the second night, I found out Eduren was town. On the third night, I found out that Mephanasteras is town, but I was also told I rechecked Eduren's records and found out he's really pro-mafia. Thus, I'll unvote Webadict and vote Eduren.  No, I have no idea why I rechecked Eduren, it's probably role related or something, I don't really know. I didn't ask Pand to do it, I inspected Meph. I'd also like to point out that I inspected Meph, not Dakarian, the logical one to inspect if I thought they were both scum.

Note that for all of them, those are people I targetted. I have no idea if those people are in fact the ones I hit, I didn't recieve any indication as to who I actually inspected (except for the recheck on Eduren, which did specifically say his name)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: December 17, 2009, 04:56:50 pm »

Even if I do mention someone's name specifically in a night PM I do not account for misdirection unless one of the roles involved has the effect of informing them. I generally try to say "The person you targeted" in all circumstances though.

tl;dr: Don't read too much into presence or avoidance of names in result PMs.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 151