Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1419707 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #2040 on: October 22, 2009, 06:27:56 pm »

Short lesson in tags:

"{img}http://darkmessiah999.deviantart.com/art/DWARVEN-RAGE-141136322{img}" (where { is replaced with [, and so on, no quotes)  will put in an image- but it doesn't work with deviantart, and some other sites, because they features preventing you from doing that to save bandwidth.

LINKTASTIC
{url=http://darkmessiah999.deviantart.com/art/DWARVEN-RAGE-141136322}LINKTASTIC{/url} will let you anme your link
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 22, 2009, 06:43:53 pm »

Short lesson in tags:

"{img}http://darkmessiah999.deviantart.com/art/DWARVEN-RAGE-141136322{img}" (where { is replaced with [, and so on, no quotes)  will put in an image- but it doesn't work with deviantart, and some other sites, because they features preventing you from doing that to save bandwidth.

LINKTASTIC
{url=http://darkmessiah999.deviantart.com/art/DWARVEN-RAGE-141136322}LINKTASTIC{/url} will let you anme your link

Well..you are surely called sensei for a reason : P thanks.
I'm a bit of a computer nerd and I know my fair share about computers, but "forum tags" is something that I constantly forget....really annoying.
But thanks anyway.  ( And I know about the devart thing, but since I didn't remember the tags anyways, I though I might as well just link to devart.)

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 22, 2009, 07:02:59 pm »

Short lesson in tags:

LINKTASTIC

Well..you are surely called sensei for a reason : P thanks.
I'm a bit of a computer nerd and I know my fair share about computers, but "forum tags" is something that I constantly forget....really annoying.
But thanks anyway.  ( And I know about the devart thing, but since I didn't remember the tags anyways, I though I might as well just link to devart.)
That or you could use the icon of a picture frame entitled "Insert Image" on the reply page.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:20:11 pm by Red Fortune »
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #2043 on: October 23, 2009, 02:49:04 am »

I'd like to see Fallout's Action Boy, DF-style.

TADA!
Took me five minutes.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 23, 2009, 11:24:02 am »

i got bored today.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love you.

Gothmog

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands item in bedroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 23, 2009, 11:35:23 am »

I got bored yesterday and decided to doodle a little, and this is what came out of my ... sudden burst of inspiration.

It's all original ASCII (I hope, lol) but I didn't stick to the original DF colors... at all. Try to guess what happened there!

also:
i got bored today.

I love you.
+1
I'm not very good at giving praise so I don't do it very often but... that's awesome  :o
The same applies to a lot of things we saw in this thread, actually.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:03:46 pm by Gothmog »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 23, 2009, 11:48:42 am »

I think the fire imp is actually in origional color. Are those green things a's or q's? Although I don't know of any critters with a Q as their ascii symbol, outside of possibly mods.

Anyways, the start of a catsplosion, the imp is attacking the elven caravan, one of the mules is on fire and one of the elves is getting roasted, another is falling into a chasm or whatever. There is also a dead dwarf, I think, may just be the smoke Dunno what the green things are.

Gothmog

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands item in bedroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 23, 2009, 12:06:32 pm »

I think the fire imp is actually in origional color. Are those green things a's or q's? Although I don't know of any critters with a Q as their ascii symbol, outside of possibly mods.

Anyways, the start of a catsplosion, the imp is attacking the elven caravan, one of the mules is on fire and one of the elves is getting roasted, another is falling into a chasm or whatever. There is also a dead dwarf, I think, may just be the smoke Dunno what the green things are.

Yeah that's about right. There is no dwarf on the right side (they just stand there and laugh at the elves) and the green things... that was supposed to be cloth but I apparently forgot how cloth look.
Fixed that. It looks even more horrible now  ;D

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 23, 2009, 04:25:29 pm »

I'd like to see Fallout's Action Boy, DF-style.

TADA!
Took me five minutes.

Not what I meant, but hilarious.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 23, 2009, 06:10:00 pm »

Thought I was bored enough to make another "speedpaint" for you  guys, and as a result I fucked up the hands, but otherwise it's ok :3

Now to make you happy (I'm looking at you, sensei.) I've uploaded this to tinypic instead. enjoy  :P
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 06:16:56 pm by Tofu »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: October 23, 2009, 06:29:35 pm »

That's pretty good.

On that note, what's even wrong with the hands? They... might be square-ish... I guess? Which I think is perfectly fine for an anatomically correct dwarf.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 23, 2009, 06:43:01 pm »

That's pretty good.

On that note, what's even wrong with the hands? They... might be square-ish... I guess? Which I think is perfectly fine for an anatomically correct dwarf.
Well....I'm not happy with them, but whatever xD
As far as I know, dwarven hands could very well be made out of fossilized happy meals stuck to a piece of hematite! (which would be AWESOME)
Thanks though :3

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 23, 2009, 08:16:30 pm »

That's pretty good.

I suppose they might not be gripping the hammer quite tightly enough.  It's not a major problem, though, as I wouldn't have noticed it most likely if it hadn't been pointed out.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 24, 2009, 12:49:30 am »

His wrists are too fat. Not that I'm saying the piece isn't awesome, just pointing out what's off.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Rozenbuddy

• Bay Watcher
  • High on Caffine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 24, 2009, 07:27:17 am »

It was the thought that counted.... right?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 561