Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 396

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: The mine  (Read 188929 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Rise of the Magic Girls: The mine
« on: June 11, 2013, 10:51:58 am »

Rise of the Magic Girls

OOC thread

Magic is real. Despite this world focus on the power of science, people everywhere have powers unexplainable. But the fear that they are alone, that they are a freak, make them unable to stand up and shout out that fact.

I know, I'm a magic girl myself. Well maybe that a little wrong, I'm a girl with magic, but when I go magic girl, I'm a guy. You know, gender-bend. Anyway I also afraid. That why I'm making this recording that will probable never see the light of day.

So you, in however many years it will be after my death when someone listen to this recording, may want to ask, why we don't do good. Because there nothing to use it on. Crimes are sorted by the police, there are no supervillians. Third world's problems better solved by smart ideas then someone with power.

So until the world actually need us, hopefully never, we magic girls shall stay as fiction, away from the limelight.

-Harriet Bradley/the Undead Swordman, a week before the event.

-A week later-

The sun rises over Australia. In varies villages, towns and cities, the masses wake, unaware that today the day for the rise of the magic girls.

Right now, six people, standing at the eye of the storm, look about they sleeping place.

(It fairly freeform, come up with anything about the place your character live and I'll incorporate it as long as it not to outlandish, which is a large amount of wiggleroom.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:08:23 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Eye of the storm
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:01:54 am »

"I don't know why you guys think it's weird to sleep on a mattress on the floor. It's really comfortable."
Kyle takes a sip of his Bawls.
His friends immediately respond with a chorus of reason as to why his room was weird like the fact there are fake knives in random points, he only has a few posters on the walls, there is a fuck balloonicorn in his room and the only place that wasn't a mess was his computer area and his bed.
"Hey! Balloonicorn is a good guard! Also you forgot the ninja stars and dragon scales."
Kyle sips his drink again and gets up.
"I'm going for a walk. Don't follow me."
His friend collectively sigh and watch him walk away.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:36:04 am by kj1225 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:26:02 am »

Maria woke up in her room, her magical staff in her hand, with a start. She had been dreaming about a world where she fought masked monsters alongside others at night, called.....something-she couldn't remember; it was a psychological term (sound familiar?).

So. Basically her night life, only with more tech and psychology.

The teenager pulled herself groggily out of bed and looked out of her window, carefully putting her staff under her bed. It was a sunny day. She'd had a long night; the masked creatures had kept her up on her toes all night and she was worn out.
"Maria, are you awake yet?"
This was her little brother, Alistair. He'd peeped in her room and wanted to play Scrabble with her, as evidenced by the box he was carrying under his arm.
"Not now, Ali. I'm tired."
"Oh why?" Alistair looked slightly miffed.
Maria flashed a sheepish, tired smile. "Long night, buddy. Why don't you play with Mom?"
"She's out again. Needed to buy more milk."
"Dad?"
"Still asleep."
"Hmm. Listen, just let me get some more sleep and I'll play with you later, okay?"
Her brother's expression cheered up. "Ok, um, I'll let you get some sleep!" He closed the door.

Maria sighed and slumped onto her desk chair, exhausted.
"I really have to find a way to stop those things for good. I want a good night's sleep for once. I haven't had one in days...."
Maria tried to remember the last night where she'd gotten a full night's sleep without being disturbed by monsters. Almost....ten days ago, now - thank God it was summer break - and she didn't think it would be over soon. The monsters were getting stronger lately. More bold too.
The teenager's thoughts on this matter were immediately stopped by a searing pain overcoming her head.
"Aaaaagh!"

A long road. Nighttime. Inner city.

A brown-haired teen, wearing a white glove with a keypad on it, with a vest, jeans and checkered polo shirt,  leads a black-haired, laidback boy in a vest, jeans and a shirt, and a brown-haired girl in a white blouse, black skirt and shoes, all wearing the same glove.

"Right. Simon, you go that way. Maria, check that way. I'll go ahead. Maria, keep Chiron ready, I'll have Ixion equipped and Simon, get Gaea ready."
"Gotcha, Richie."

The girl looked up, nodding. She was....

Wait, what? Was that......her? What was Gaea? Did they have her powers?

What was she doing?  What was this? Why was....

"Sis, you ok? Sis?!"
Alistair was shaking Maria violently. He'd heard her cry out in pain and immediately rushed to her side.
The teenager's mind quickly swapped away from the strange vision and back to reality.
"Yes...just had a bad dream. Just...just get me a glass of water, kay?"
Alistair rushed outside, while Maria clutched her head and groaned.
"What...what did I just see?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 01:09:09 pm »

Selina woke up in her small room, trying to decide whether to get up immediately or sleep in. It was summer vacation and she had no friends to hang out with, and siblings to play with. Her shyness didn't help when it came to making friends, and most people thought she was just a weirdo when they saw her talking to her drawings. She was about to fall asleep again when the only thing she cared about (besides her mother) decided to wake her up.

"Come on Selina! Its morning and sleeping in isn't going to do you any good."

She sighed and then smiled as she saw her fairy hovering above her.

"Alright Conny I'm up. What new amazing thing have you decided that we do today?"

"I want to go outside!"

"You know why i can't do that, your the only one of your kind here. People freak out when they see things that aren't part of the world normally."

"Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeee! We can just go to one of those parks nearby! I'll stay in your backpack until we're there! I can just hang out in the trees for a bit while you draw something. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee!"

Sighing happily once again, Selina got up and started getting dressed.

"Okay, okay, we'll go to a park. Just be careful okay, we don't want pictures of you all over the news paper."

"YEAH!!!! TO THE PARK! TO THE PARK! TO THE PARK!!!"
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 01:21:03 pm »

Maria glugged down a glass of water with an aspirin while Alistair watched her expectantly.
"Are you alright now, Sis?"
"I'll be just fine. Thanks, Ali." Maria patted her little brother on the shoulder.
The boy smiled, relieved that his bigger sister was alright. Maria herself couldn't help but smile; her little brother, even when he annoyed her -which was rarely- could never not make her smile. Maria sighed and considered going out to the park. They hadn't been for two weeks and Alistair was starting to go stir-crazy from being in too long.

She decided to have some fun today. It would take her mind off the episode of insanity she just had and if it didn't, at least she'd get some fresh air.
"Listen, Ali, get the basket and picnic mat, and get whatever food you like. We're going to the park today! You can bring the Scrabble board as well."
"Really, Sis? We're going without Mom?"
"I'll leave a note. It'll be fine. Now get packing, buddy. Let me just get changed."
Alistair jumped happily out of Maria's room and zoomed around the house, while Maria changed into a white blouse and black skirt -odd, that she'd wear those clothes- and left a note on the counter, telling their parents that she and her brother were at the park.

Soon, Maria and Alistair set off for the park, to enjoy the summer sun and to get some fresh air, Alistair humming happily to himself and Maria telling him of her adventures- all trumped up as fairy tales of course, even at Alistair's age, a kid wouldn't believe that she REALLY went out at night and fought monsters.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 01:40:42 pm »

*thump thump thump*

The house was quiet. It always was. Quiet, quaint, relaxing. The wooden floor and assorted wooden sculptures adding a sense of calm.

*thump thump thump*

It looked as though all the other rooms were empty. Few cars made a noise outside, but they were infrequent and dim. The tick tock of a clock the only constant sound.

*thump thump thump*

Yes, pure tranquillity. Only one bedroom was occupied at this time. His room featured a high tech computer along with several models, some from anime, some from wargames. But even here, it seemed peaceful. Messy, but peaceful.

''AWWWWW MAKE THIS STUPID HEADACHE GO AWAAAAAY!'' And thus, with one cry, the calm was shattered. Matt immediately regretted shouting with such venom as he felt a little sick for a second. He slowly, tentatively got out of bed to grab some water and painkillers.
His parents were out today. They often were. Working, making money, keeping them fed and happy. It was the usual. It wasn't like they were struggling, but they were never around. Oh, but that stopped bothering Matt years ago. Atleast, that's what he keeps telling himself.
The painkillers kicked in, dulling the pain slightly, as Matt began to fully wakeup. Thank goodness for a quicker recovery than most. He put on the tv to hear the news, though he already knew what it would say:
''A local lightning storm last night that hit the park has left experts baffled. The lightning hit several trees, leaving one with broken branches and burn marks. Several youths were found drunk in the park, but thankfully, no one was injured.''
''Yep... I was there when that happened... uselessly banging that idiots skull to stop... big difference THAT made.'' Matt said to himself. Gintama was becoming such a problem, but he didn't know how to deal with it other than try to keep from transforming.

He kept himself in his quiet abode for now. He'd probably try and find less disgusting solutions against hangovers on the net later. Still, he was left wondering why he had this ability, and what could it be used for.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:49:36 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 03:09:17 pm »

A girlish figure trailing shadowy tendrils ran down a hallway, featureless save for the the odd distortions rippling along it and serving as the only light source. With no hesitation, she turned right at a T-intersection, and soon found herself in an empty room. After barely a moment of catching her breath, a great mass of evil appeared before her. A half-formed bow of swirling darkness sprung into being in her hands as she let out a gasp of pure fear .. and she found herself on the ground, surprised by a large wolf-like form barreling into her from behind.

Cyrus was shaken awake; he opened his eyes to find a middle-aged woman in an apron frowning at him. "-Up! .. Good morning, Cyrus. I called you five times, your breakfast is getting cold."

The young boy protested such treatment by the unknown figure with confusion: "Urng?"

"Your papers didn't mention you being this difficult in the mornings. We might need to see a doctor during the tour." She turned to leave at last. "Be down in five minutes."

Cyrus sighed quitly as the sounds of her footsteps sounded from the stairs. Didn't they have privacy in this country? 'Oh yeah' he thought to himself as he thought back to the previous day. He apparently needed to be here, far from home, and so had signed up for a summer cultural exchange program. He was staying with a couple, in place of their son who was staying with his own mom. He still wished she could have come too, but her being her would have somehow led to failure. Convincing her of this had been nearly impossible.

He took a small diary from beneath his pillow, flipped to an entry halfway through, and grabbed a pencil from the nightstand as he blearily looked at the page for half a minute. Underneath a large title of "Ways To Fail," in writing bad enough to stave off an expert cryptographer, was only the line "Attack The Bastion when found (Too many deaths)" he added "Sneak into The Bastion alone (What is it even?)."

He returned the diary, stood, briefly scowled at the open door, closed it, and proceeded to change. He grinned as he opened the door and proceeded to head down to breakfast, which was apparently muffins. Ms. Katrina, as she asked to be called, was too pushy, but he was eager to experience what having a father was like.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 03:26:34 pm »

After getting dressed in a simple white shirt and blue jeans. She grabbed a small backpack and filled it with pencils, erasers, and a big sketch book. Conny slipped into a pocket on the back, excited to finally go outdoors and see what it was like being there.

"I can't wait to see and feel what its like out there!"

"I know your excited but please keep your voice down on the way there."

"Okay."

The walk there was uneventful, a few puddles here and there from last nights storm but nothing noteworthy. Once at the park, which had been hit by lightning in some areas, Selina walked over to an area with no damage done to it and sat at a bench. She quickly looked around to make sure no one was looking, and let Conny out before taking out her drawing supplies. As Conny quickly flitted around the branches of a nearby tree, Selina began to draw a flower bed with a couple hummingbirds zipping around it.

A short time later, (Gonna work with what IamanElfCollaborator is doing) a girl about Selina's age came by with who appeared to be her little brother. Selina glanced up at the tree Conny was in nervously but trusted that she wouldn't do anything silly. (That is open for you to mess with Scapheap)
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 03:39:31 pm »

Kyle walked through the park looking around making small notes on the people he saw.
There's the bum that always sleeps on the bench furthest from the trees. Hmm... trees sound like a good place to nap, but I also want to keep watching people just in case...
Kyle decides to use a tree about twenty feet from where a girl is drawing. As he gets comfortable he puts in his head phones and starts humming along with the music.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:50:36 pm by kj1225 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 03:44:42 pm »

((Exactly as planned.))
Maria decided to settle at an area relatively undamaged by the storm last night. Alistair looked around disappointedly.
"Sis, why is everything all wet and burnt?"
"There was a storm around here, bud. Didn't think it'd be this bad."
"Awww...are we still staying though, sis?"
"Might as well, we spent the effort of getting up to go here!"
Alistair smiled and ran around the area. Maria took that as an opportunity to go talk to the girl she'd noticed in the area. She looked...lonely, and Maria was a sucker for lonely people. Besides, with Alistair being a kid, he'd be probably running around until he got bored and decided to play Scrabble.

Maria shrugged and went up to the girl who was drawing.
"Nice day for landscape drawing, this is."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:46:52 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 03:55:28 pm »

The girl who Selina saw started to walk over to her. She got very nervous as she got closer and more so when she spoke.

"Oh... uh... yeah... I like to draw... um... whenever I can... uh..."

Selina looks uncomfortable, trying yet failing to keep her voice from quivering.

"It... uh... keeps me busy..."

Meanwhile in a tree.

"Hehe, I lover being outside! Its so nice out, especially in this tree."

Conny notices that someone is talking to Selina. Selina looks nervous as ever.

"Cool, Selina is finally making a friend!"
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 03:58:35 pm »

"Oh...I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, I'll just go."
Maria backed off, a bit miffed.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 04:04:14 pm »

"I'M SORRY!" Selina suddenly blurts out, then quickly blushes and turns away slightly.  :-[

"...It's just... i get nervous... uh... around people... a lot..."

Conny meanwhile is giggling about the whole situation, trying her best to stifle her laughter.

((Note: Selina does not know that she can transform yet, she's just been good at utilizing her magic in normal form))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:06:15 pm by RangerCado »
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »

"Oh..it's fine. I used to be like that quite a lot in prim-elementary school"
Maria chuckled. She was relieved- she'd thought she'd scared someone off.
"Mind if I talk to you a bit? I'm just waiting for my little brother to stop running around."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 04:08:05 pm »

"Uh... sure..." Selina is still blushing slightly as she moves over a bit so Maria can sit down.

"I'm Selina..." She tentively holds out her hand.
[/quote]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 396