Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1567240 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #1125 on: September 09, 2010, 01:39:09 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the default DF font were just based on the standard Windows console font. In fact, I believe it is.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1126 on: September 10, 2010, 01:17:14 am »

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the default DF font were just based on the standard Windows console font. In fact, I believe it is.

It is actually standart vga rendering of codepage 437:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_437

Windows console font might or might not be related.

kuketski

• Bay Watcher
  • If we are paranoid, then are we paranoid enough???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 10, 2010, 03:31:45 am »

What do you think about return of the Guild Masters combined with Dwarf Foreman/Dwarf Therapist functionality?

With more control like autogrouping dwarves (training group, production group) by skill or number of skilled dwarves(balancing groups sizes) level inside guild , assigning jobs to guild, which will automatically assign to more skilled group OR train group depending on set quality level and - to a certain dwarf, who have preference to such job/item/material, unless this settings was changed, autoassigning workshops to guild/group.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=23965.0

It can be used later as part of AI controlled fortess!
God, please, take asp.net give second python!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 10, 2010, 09:07:17 am »

Does this mean that demon diplomats won't come, or that they won't destroy your fort?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 10, 2010, 09:49:01 am »

It is actually standart vga rendering of codepage 437:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_437

Windows console font might or might not be related.

Nah, the Windows console (and DF) uses Terminal. Note that the parentheses are more pointy, the "0" has a slash instead of a dot, and things generally look a bit different.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 10, 2010, 09:56:36 am »

So close to a release...
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 10, 2010, 10:37:01 am »

Does this mean that demon diplomats won't come, or that they won't destroy your fort?

Toady often posts more details about bug fixes on the tracker.  And yeah, it sounds like you'll still get demon diplomats.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 10, 2010, 02:28:08 pm »

Nah, the Windows console (and DF) uses Terminal. Note that the parentheses are more pointy, the "0" has a slash instead of a dot, and things generally look a bit different.

DF doesn't use Terminal. I'm looking at the 640x300 default DF font image and the image at the wikipedia page and they look a fair bit different. DF has more serifs, for one.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 02:31:41 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 10, 2010, 06:02:06 pm »

So after this release can we expect any more updates to the adventurer stuff in the next release?  Like more crafting/construction stuff?

PermanentInk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 10, 2010, 07:56:51 pm »

So after this release can we expect any more updates to the adventurer stuff in the next release?  Like more crafting/construction stuff?

From the September Bay 12 Games Report:

Quote from: ToadyOne
the idea is to start adding dev page items to adventure mode, probably aiming at the heroic side of things (Threetoe: "the first step toward true heroism is defending country folk from dread monsters and fiendish low lives"), coupled with continued work on dwarf mode bugs.

So I'd say the answer is clearly yes, he intends to work on Adventurer Mode features for the next release.  Sounds like it may be more focused on questing than crafting, if you heed the comment from Threetoe.  I'd guess he's likely to choose something that builds on the site sprawl work from this release, since that's a big piece of infrastructure that many of his plans rely on.  The "fiendish low lives" quote could be taken as a hint about the "villains" dev section; other decent possibilities I can see are adventure sites and maybe tracking.  Guess we'll see soon enough, though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 10, 2010, 08:08:58 pm »

Possibly (basic) night creatures too, it looks like.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 10, 2010, 08:11:21 pm »

So I'd say the answer is clearly yes, he intends to work on Adventurer Mode features for the next release.  Sounds like it may be more focused on questing than crafting, if you heed the comment from Threetoe.  I'd guess he's likely to choose something that builds on the site sprawl work from this release, since that's a big piece of infrastructure that many of his plans rely on.  The "fiendish low lives" quote could be taken as a hint about the "villains" dev section; other decent possibilities I can see are adventure sites and maybe tracking.  Guess we'll see soon enough, though.

Hurrah! Now we can get ambushed on the road by something other than wolves!
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Syff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 10, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »

Possibly (basic) night creatures too, it looks like.

I'd put my money on getting bandits before night creatures.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 11, 2010, 06:14:51 am »

I am too for the bandits.

On the other hand night creatures arent that hard either. You take just a human or whatever and randomise some Bodyparts stick some new ethics and behaviors to it and presto you have night creatures.

Bandits are cool too. Thy are a good source for some gear and may lead to other stuff.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 06:18:21 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 11, 2010, 06:23:52 am »

plus, once you become a master anything, all the bandits will have bluemetal armor.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 342