Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1567284 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #1950 on: November 11, 2010, 08:45:22 pm »

What were your attributes and skills? It's also randomish so that could explain it too.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1951 on: November 11, 2010, 09:24:00 pm »

My observation was just dabbling. Maybe it's because I have like 15 other people with me.

My adventurer is doing pretty well I think. He was injured early on and lost the ability to grasp with one hand (though he can still use a sword and shield oddly) but has so far killed minotaurs, dragons, hydras, titans, night beasts and their consorts  etc. Right now I just keep getting ambushed by kobolds all the time, but I am considered a legendary hero by most human civs.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 11, 2010, 09:48:54 pm »

Don't get me wrong... I love the boogeymen.  I've been hoping for something crazy like this (randomized monsters) for years, since I first started playing this.  But couldn't they be toned down just a little?  Does the entire planet have to be like that film _Pitch Black_ at night time, and being outside at night a death sentence?  I'm assuming this is just in now for flavor and will be tweaked in the future... :)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 11, 2010, 09:54:07 pm »

Dude, Pitch Black was awesome.  Some regions or some worlds should totally always be like this all the time.

...But yeah, in normal/good calm areas, it's a little much.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 11, 2010, 09:57:58 pm »

I don't know what you're talking about. I've played weeks without seeing one, sleeping a few times in the forest and travelling by night without meeting any boogiemen.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1955 on: November 11, 2010, 10:17:03 pm »

I don't know what you're talking about. I've played weeks without seeing one, sleeping a few times in the forest and travelling by night without meeting any boogiemen.

Same here. I've never ran into one even when I sleep in the forest and travel at night. I always have a huge band of people with me though, so maybe thats why.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 11, 2010, 10:39:32 pm »

Yeah, they generally only attack lone travelers.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 11, 2010, 11:14:32 pm »

As I just found out. The imagery of a lone adventurer, unable to breathe or stand, desperatley pulling himself away from a group of bogeymen with his smashed hand, is somewhat unbearable awesome.

And I would have been fine, had I not dropped my axe.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 11, 2010, 11:18:41 pm »

I guess Boogeymen only go after lone adventurers, not parties then.  :)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1959 on: November 12, 2010, 12:21:57 am »

Man, after a while those goblins practically send armies after you. I'd say over half of my companions have titles and a good dozen or more kills. Everyone is all awe struck whenever I show up and I tote around something like 20 people. Right now I'm down to 10 thanks to 3 heavily armed goblin patrols and a hydra.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 12, 2010, 12:32:29 am »

Man, after a while those goblins practically send armies after you. I'd say over half of my companions have titles and a good dozen or more kills. Everyone is all awe struck whenever I show up and I tote around something like 20 people. Right now I'm down to 10 thanks to 3 heavily armed goblin patrols and a hydra.

The adventurer is basically like a Joan of Arc, a hero who rises out of nowhere and begins leading armies against the enemy.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 12, 2010, 05:15:04 am »

is the combat screen showing the attack modifier before the actual skill roll, or is it showing the actual shoot difficulty/damage?

because I had some opportunity strikes missing, some very squarely attack dealing no damage and such.

also, that would explain why a 'normal' hit chance is normal for every attack from slashing to bashing with shield to kicking

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 12, 2010, 05:21:57 am »

Toady, can you please elaborate on the following?
      HABIT:<habit token>:<percentage> - Obviously there are GRIND_BONE_MEAL, EAT_BONE_PORRIDGE, and USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON, and I assume the percentage is the likelihood of this being the case. Are there any other habit tokens I haven't listed?
      HABIT_NUM:<TEST_ALL or a number> - At a guess I'd say TEST_ALL allows for all habits listed to have a chance at being added, while a number would limit it to a specific number of them being applied to a given creature.
      NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN & NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER - what are the effects of these, please?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1963 on: November 12, 2010, 09:13:28 am »

Goddammit, the bogeymen are god damned untouchable, the freaking asses.
Seriously, how the heck is their evasion so high?

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 12, 2010, 09:15:07 am »

I got a question regarding the combination of wrestling and aimed attacks in the new release. Does anyone know if it is planned or already implemented that successfully grabbing a body part increases the chance to hit the same part while it is held? So for example I could grap the head of my opponent with my free hand and then have it easier to stab the head or adjacent body parts (throat) with my short sword in the following round.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 342