Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Results In! Rainseeker's Animal Sponsorship Drive  (Read 137788 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Rainseeker's Animal Sponsorship Drive
« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2010, 10:42:58 am »

My vote has been placed for the anaconda.  I mean really, the kobolds aren't pitied enough yet. 

We need a large reptile actively out to devour the poor things so they get the pity and mercy they deserve.  So more people would be willing to release them safely then treat them as smaller goblins.

Without kobolds, who will clean up the mess sieges leave behind?

Vote anaconda, so that they will get eaten, pitied, protected, then exploited.
I'm Greiger Ominathvuritrak and I approved this message.
(this message brought to you by Dracon for the Ethical Treatment of Kobolds.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

markpank

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2010, 12:41:55 pm »

No love for the barn owl? Aww. Tyto alba gets my vote.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2010, 05:24:01 pm »

Could we sponsor animals already in, to expand their antics?

Like, could we sponsors wolves to get wolves den and for them to hunt animals in fort mode?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

GL12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2010, 07:01:18 pm »

Er, I donated, (15$) but I didn't see the option for sponsoring anything. Did I just miss it, or am I supposed to follow up my donation with an email? If it's the first, I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just curious.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2010, 07:14:15 pm »

Er, I donated, (15$) but I didn't see the option for sponsoring anything. Did I just miss it, or am I supposed to follow up my donation with an email? If it's the first, I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just curious.

Will I receive an e-mail to pick the animal?

Yeah, I'm getting to those right after this post.  It'll have a little blurb in there.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2010, 07:23:05 pm »

I'm really surprised that considering the date nobody has complained about reindeer having been excluded from the list.

[PREF STRING:ability to pull flying sleighs] anyone?
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2010, 09:21:01 pm »

Wow yeah how did reindeer not make it. If only to give the arctic biomes more wildlife diversity.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2010, 09:32:50 pm »

Reindeer are already in for next time.

Quote from: LASD
Toady, have you by any chance read Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams, as most of that books starring animals seem to be on the list? Or were the endangered animals added just for the reason that they are so interesting?

I've read it, and though I don't remember the specific animals, it could be why some names caught my eye as I was going through various lists.

Quote from: LASD
With animals like the Kakapo that produce a distinct booming sound that can be heard miles away, are you planning to add descriptive sound lines to Adventure Mode when these kind of creatures are around?

Yeah, it could happen.  We'll probably focus on a few specific things for each animal, and it'll likely reverberate around a bit through the raws.

Quote from: Aqizzar
Will we actually be able to see how different animals rank?  Or if there is no "priority" order, at least what's been sponsored?  Just think Toady, you could rake in gobs of cash by fostering a bidding war on what animals will be implemented next.

We wanted people to pick their favorite animals and not have to think about anything else or have it turn into a competition rather than a celebration of beasts.  62 different animals have been sponsored so far.  That's enough that we won't be able to get them all in for the next release, so there will be some ordering, probably based on the number of donations, but it shouldn't be too long before they all get in, hopefully with everybody satisfied.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 23, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »

Hey i am for that! With a more loosly used "Humanoid"-template it could be very interesting.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2010, 10:32:52 pm »

This is the only place a fundraising drive would be sincerely be represented as a "celebration of beasts."

I love this game.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 24, 2010, 02:34:37 am »

What...umm...does sponsoring the hedgehog do for it?

*cough*it is already in-game*cough*

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #206 on: December 24, 2010, 03:43:47 am »

Somebody pointed that out earlier.  It's too late to take it out, so I imagine what we are going to see is a hedgehogification of the hedgehog beyond its current state.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 24, 2010, 03:45:20 am »

just....

whatever you do, don't paint it blue.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 24, 2010, 05:23:07 am »

Somebody pointed that out earlier.  It's too late to take it out, so I imagine what we are going to see is a hedgehogification of the hedgehog beyond its current state.
You're going to make the spines more pokey? That thing where they roll into a ball could happen? The former of those would be cool to see on forgotten beasts. The latter is cool in theory but I can't see it contributing anything much to the game.

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 24, 2010, 07:23:53 am »

Well, rolling in ball could protect it better in expense of making its attacks and movement impossible (turtles could have same thing, differently named, but with same function). While for small vermin hedgehog it will help not very much, it could be interesting for other animals or FB. So... [HIDE_INSIDE_ITSELF]. Or whatever.

And spikes, well... attack of attacker that hurt said attacker? Some kind of automatic, obligatory counterattack (based on material and properties of spikes, of course) that does not influence defender? So... [SPIKE] ftw.

Nice to see would also be synergy: rolled in ball could make spikes more effective.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31