Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7891 7892 [7893] 7894 7895 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8785466 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118380 on: June 12, 2020, 10:25:36 am »

I don't even have the marks back but I know for a fact I bombed my Intermediate SQL Exam. I'll just have to take the course next year, I guess... I'm trying not to be a bummer about it, but it really does suck when you just aren't good at something no matter how hard you study it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #118381 on: June 14, 2020, 04:40:31 pm »

Our best cook just quit, for more than one reason but the last straw was this stupid fucking kid that's been working as a server. He invented a new nasty rumor, this time about the cook, and she said fuck it and walked out. This goddamn stupid ass child, last night he was saying he doesn't have to help the disabled residents (this is an assisted living for the elderly) fill out a menu so he just writes their menu for them. Says he doesn't want to go into one residents room because it smells bad so he just makes up her menu. This morning I had another resident come up to me and complain she never got a lunch menu, which is probably true, because this asshole was the one who was supposed to serve and collect them, yet he has her food on his cart. I pass her in the hall later and shes talking to the other residents about how she got lunch but she never got the chance to order it because she never saw a menu! When I told the kids he cant skip residents he tells me he doesn't need comments from the "peanut gallery." Thinks the caregiving staff shouldn't come down and complain about his refusing to care for residents, he thinks it's not really his fault the cook quit because his accusations were meant as a joke.

I swear I want to toss this brat out the door but the hr manager won't even be here until tomorrow. And when our ex-manager (he quit and hasn't been replaced yet so he still comes in to fill in) called corporate to see if they could call another cook down for dinner, they said we're on our own. We had to call in a favor ourselves because even the business can't manage itself.

I am done, like snotty white college girl done. I am SO done. I can't even.

[edit]
HR manager came in and fired him, kicked him off the property even because he was throwing a fit. Good riddance
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:26:59 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118382 on: June 14, 2020, 09:36:53 pm »

Ah good, justice was done.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118383 on: June 14, 2020, 10:30:21 pm »

Don't quote me. Replies welcome.

I'm in one of those crappy, grayed-out moods that I get in. Not quite depression. Not really not-depression either. I told my closer friends that I probably wouldn't be very available for the next few weeks.

I know I really need a break or at least a change (I've been working straight through most of the past 4 years), but I'm not going to be able to get one until the first week of July. I feel bad because I've been kind of "off" at work for most of the past couple of months, and on the other hand I've been going through a lot. I feel both alone and socially overstimulated. Emergency teaching took a lot out of me. I need to do more of the self-care things that have fallen to the side since the beginning of the pandemic.

I thought I was angry at my friends for not checking in on me very regularly, but I think I'm really disappointed because my neglectful and occasionally abusive family never quite rose to the occasion, and it is very definitively too late for them to rise to it, regardless of what they do from now on. I made the mature decisions that ended the violence in my extended family, but also mean that I am no longer asking to be taken care of by them. Well, anyway: war's over, I ended it.

I've made it to responsible and dutiful adulthood after a childhood characterized by not just suffering through but actively being made responsible for other people's problems. It's a hurt that's not going to be repaired in the way that I always imagined it being repaired: someone coming to help take care of things, to make sure I was okay. Instead, the person who came to help me out was adult me. Adult me finished "raising" my parents. Adult me is still taking care of the people around me, just in a healthier and less codependent way.

In retrospect, it seems obvious and inevitable that this is what was going to happen. It still doesn't really hurt less.

I also always thought that the pain from this was going to feel sharp and overwhelming, but it turns out that it's a dull ache of mild disappointment. On some level it feels like I have much more important work to do than sitting here and mourning the past. There's a whole life to live, left over.

On some other level, I feel like a fountain of grief. None of this was right, and although I've played a bad hand well, the conclusion isn't just.

Anyway, I'll be all right... I have three weeks here before I've told myself I'm going to put my nose back to the grindstone and be social again, so I only have to focus on taking one foot in front of another for now. I certainly don't feel good, but I can get through this if I try, and there's a lot to look forward to from now on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #118384 on: June 15, 2020, 10:00:12 am »

Sounds like you've been going through some rough stuff, Vector. But I'm glad you seem to have handled it, even if there wasn't an ideal solution to it all.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118385 on: June 16, 2020, 01:56:01 pm »

For the first time since 1975, there have been casualties in the border conflict between China and India.
20 Indian soldiers got killed, amongst whom one colonel, in a conflict with iron bars and thrown rocks with the Chinese military stationed on the border.  According to India, China has lost men too, but so far the Chinese have not confirmed this.
Recently, there have regularily been fistfight squirmishes between the opposing armies, but until today no one got killed.

Now let's hope they don't start nuking each other.... Although a "fistfight escalates into nuclear brawl" news headline would be consistent with current crazy times.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:57:32 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #118386 on: June 16, 2020, 02:02:28 pm »

China v India
Fists only
Final Destination!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118388 on: June 16, 2020, 11:05:22 pm »

Trump and Kim better hurry up otherwise Chindia is going to stole their thunder as the apocalipse couple.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118389 on: June 17, 2020, 03:09:41 am »

Conspiracy theory: China is making North Korea cause ruckus o the border to draw attention from the India conflict
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118390 on: June 17, 2020, 04:10:15 am »

Twenty (at least) soldiers dead from a brawl with bars and rocks? :o   
Sounds crazy, but then I guess I have no idea how many people were involved, total.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118391 on: June 17, 2020, 09:37:20 am »

Well, the two most populated countries in the world being involved... also I guess by bars they meant crowbars or pieces of rebars. To be honest it seems like a bunch of unarmed conscripts started the figth, otherwise once people started to drop dead somebody should have pulled a gun, and the dead officer was the one trying to stop it or something.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #118392 on: June 17, 2020, 11:44:10 am »

"squirmishes"

Were they trying to tickle each other to death?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118393 on: June 18, 2020, 08:35:43 pm »

I appear to be just old enough to start having lower back pain and the capacity to throw it out during acts like, say, moving an air conditioning unit, or peering into the fridge.

This is pretty uncool, my dudes.

Just wait ‘til you hurt your back through the in incredibly physical act of sitting down in a slightly uncomfortable position for too long. Like, 15 minutes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118394 on: June 19, 2020, 12:08:28 am »

...or peering into the fridge.
I missed the "r" in that word on my first read and was a little concerned.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7891 7892 [7893] 7894 7895 ... 8156