Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 2 -- Players Always Needed!  (Read 8739 times)

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 1.5 -- Players Always Needed!
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2015, 01:31:34 am »

Round 1: Turn 2
Settlement: Village; Population: Human; Stores: Temple (Human), Thieves’ Guild
Players: tntey, Urist McCoder, Salsacookies, and Toaster (in encounter)

tntey Encounter: Needy Priest (1/3)
Weeping is something of an odd phenomenon. To cry casually is looked down upon, as though a few tears betrays both a weakness of character and a lack of commitment to your sadness. But weeping is recognized as genuine, whether the person who weeps is male or female, young or old, rich or poor. Or a priest. What do you do?

((I feel I should give you some sort of bonus. You drew this card, and it had nothing to do with you mentioning the temple. But you did. Nonetheless, no extra points for you!))

Urist McCoder Encounter: The Lost Farm Animal (1/2)
Not all adventuring is glamorous. Some of it involves latrine pits. This adventure involves a sheep.

You found a farmer who was cursing at the open  air, and you were faced with the options of walking far around him, or asking him why. You can't simply casually walk past somebody literally shaking his fist in the air and shouting. He told you that there is a sheep of his which is lost, and she is precious to him. A part of his family. You'll know her by the red ribbon around her neck, or by the crescent moon mark on the back of her left ear. He asks that you return her if you see her. What do you do?

Salsacookies Encounter: Thief in the Night
Instinct that led you to walk past a dragon in the night led you to seek out this thief. It was your gold he was after! You were positive! And you saw him, creeping around in the street, just a short distance in front of you. (Encounter card played) What do you do?

Toaster Encounter: Merchant Caravan (2)
After the group gets farther away from village, you settle in for the night, taking shifts at keeping your look out. But you expect no more trouble, it's really only Humbroldt itself which harbors so many criminals. And in the morning you make easy time to your destination. But the merchant squabbled too long over prices, and the guard drank too long into the evening, and you left for your return journey behind schedule. Either you'll have to brave another night on the road outside Humbroldt, or take another route. The guard says he's heard of a path which cuts through deeper forest to the north, but he's a little on the drunk side to be reliable. Then again, he's a little drunk to be reliable in a fight, so your choices are to trust his word or his sword. What do you do?

Spoiler: tntey Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Urist McCoder Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster Status (click to show/hide)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2015, 02:09:52 am »

First, cast upon him a curse. Then beat him until he runs away. My gold will be safe then, I'm sure of it
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2015, 07:47:25 am »

Ask the priest what's wrong.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2015, 09:53:36 am »

A drunk man may be brave in a fight, but too much bravery can be a bad thing.  Let's try the detour.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2015, 04:39:09 pm »

ask him where he lost his sheep

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2015, 08:34:27 am »

((Ooh, I've wondered if something like this is possible. It looks very cool. Can I be on the waitlist?))

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2015, 11:41:07 pm »

First, cast upon him a curse. Then beat him until he runs away. My gold will be safe then, I'm sure of it
In your anger over the threat to your gold you mutter a curse under your breath. But this is no ordinary curse, no ineffectual plea to a god as agnostic towards your existence as you are towards theirs. It flies out of your mouth in a language long dead. It's sound is too terrible to travel through the air and you feel it sink into the ground, rumbling towards the thief. It takes a hold of the would be thief, but he seems unaware of its import. He shivers and looks over his shoulder, only to see you rushing at him. You slam into him, taking him to the ground, and begin pummeling him with your fists. He tries to retaliate with his dagger, but it gets tangled in his cloak and barely grazes you. (Curse card played) What do you do?

Salsacookies: 13/15 HP, Att 1-3, Def 0, Init 1

Thief: HP 12/15, Att 3-5 (-1), Def 0, Init 2 (-1)

Ask the priest what's wrong.
"They took her. The very image of Aagi! She stood there upon the shrine, and now it's bare! It must have been those damned criminals. I know they gather somewhere in town here, and they took her!" This continued long after the gist of your question was answered. The man is clearly too distraught to be of much help. What do you do?

A drunk man may be brave in a fight, but too much bravery can be a bad thing.  Let's try the detour.
The driver gives you a nod, approving of the decision. Before long you are deep enough in the woods that your eyesight is constrained more closely by the trees than by the encroaching darkness. Roots on either side of the trail cause the wagon to rock back and forth slightly, and at times you must help manually maneuver the cart between close trees. But these were small obstacles, nothing like what you would face.

At this point it would be natural for wolves to appear, great black beasts bristling with fang and claw. But there was only silence. The cart could have lost a wheel, and the story would seem natural, but they stayed attached. The driver even kept his wits about him in the darkness and focused on the task at hand, the road ahead. The problem came when that road was crossed by water, a river black and wide. You knew vaguely of the area, and could recall no such river being on any maps. But the trees boxed you in, and there was little to do to avoid the obstacle. Hopefully the village would lie near on the other side. What do you do?

ask him where he lost his sheep
[1d6=3] When asked questions about where they lost something, people have two responses available to them. The first involves thoughtfully retracing their steps, trying to map out where the lost item might be. The second is the incredulous retort that, by definition, they don't know where the lost item is. This is rarely put so succinctly or politely, and our poor shepherd very verbosely gave an answer belonging to the second category. You had experienced quite a few of these rude retorts in your adventures so far, however, and were not fazed. You got out of him that there was a hill that was particularly good for grazing just down the road a ways, and that the sheep had been there. What do you do?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2015, 11:55:43 pm »

Shiv him with a stiletto
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2015, 09:33:07 am »

Look for the criminals.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 2 -- Players Always Needed!
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2015, 01:20:03 pm »

go to the hill

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2015, 11:10:45 pm »

Grab a line and wade out to see if it can be forded.  If yes, do so.  If no, guess we turn around and go the main road.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2015, 01:41:29 am »

Shiv him with a stiletto
The metal sinks deep into the thief's side, and you cannot pull it free. Blood flows quickly from the wound. His retaliation cuts you a little more directly than his first resistance had, but nothing you can't take. What do you do?

Salsacookies: 10/15 HP, Att 1-3, Def 0, Init 1

Thief: HP 6/15, Att 3-5 (-1), Def 0, Init 2 (-1)

Look for the criminals.
You ask around, but it seems the thieves' guild is unwilling to claim responsibility for the theft. It seems they are hesitant enough to enter the temple, and they would consider it inviting trouble to take the statue. They do mention a cult, however. They aren't sure what it worships, or who is in it, but there has been quite a bit of activity with masks and ritual sacrifices recently.

Nobody is willing to name a source, or admit to knowledge themselves, but a few off hand comments suggest that midnight tomorrow there will be a meeting in a forest shrine. The directions to get there are clear enough. What do you do?

go to the hill
[1d6=3] It looks mostly like you'd expect a hill to. No wandering sheep, no blood splatter. But the grass is a little matted going down into the nearby swamp. Could be the sheep? What do you do?

Grab a line and wade out to see if it can be forded.  If yes, do so.  If no, guess we turn around and go the main road.
[1d6=1] You make it halfway into the river without trouble, and motion the cart to join you. But before it even reaches you the wheel catches. The driver and guard get off the cart and try to free the wheel, but before it moves an inch the water in the stream begins to rise rapidly, and flow more quickly. You are dead center in a rising river, and the cart is a quarter of the way into it with a stuck wheel and a panicking horse. What do you do?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2015, 05:29:35 am »

Go the forest shrine. Hide in the trees.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2015, 06:55:29 am »

sing a sheep finding song

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2015, 07:34:33 am »

Dive under and free the damn thing, and get it moving fast.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]