Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 290084 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1260 on: July 25, 2012, 02:30:19 pm »

yeah but I wasn't that thirsty when I started the build :P

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 25, 2012, 02:39:10 pm »

i once died of thirst while building a wall. most anticlimatic death ever. now i never let it reach anywhere near the end of the bar before cancelling whatever i am doing an rushing for the water

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 25, 2012, 03:24:24 pm »

I tried the trial, and it doesn't appear to be for me.

pity, because this is the sort of game I would like.

I realise you might not want to get into a discussion about it, but was there anything in particular that put you off? Just curious. There's a lot of things I'd change about it if I could, but I found enough positive gameplay fun in there to keep me hooked.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 25, 2012, 10:58:07 pm »

Ok, so I genned a character and managed to spawn on an island, which took me about ten minutes of pressing the 'r' button (seriously Sami, let us pick spawning location :)) ). I did the hurt, helpless, afraid scenario, but the injuries weren't life threatening. After a few days of nearly starving to death, I managed to build a raft using my leftover clothes as cord. I made a sesta, but since I don't have a paddle, I'm basically limited to an archipelago a bit too far from the coast and surrounded by deep water. Am I going to be stuck on this island until winter (it's mid-august) or is there some other way I can get a paddle (which requires a board, but my stone axe can't chop boards). There are a couple islander villages, but they don't have any good axes or anything.

typoedit
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:11:15 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 26, 2012, 08:33:39 am »

I dunno, I just didn't find it enjoyable for whatever reason.
The look of the game probably. ASCII looks better because you fill the details in with your head but in this game, the game provides it and its not really that good.

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 20, 2012, 04:46:44 pm »

Has anyone done any testing for fur warmth in the current version? I know that bear has historically been the best, but someone over on the URW forums was suggesting that reindeer fur might be just as good. Anyone have data on this, or am I in for some Science?

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 21, 2012, 05:26:11 am »

Classic response for why you dont like Unreal World. I imagine you dont play Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress either.

Mind you, I dont play those two but I did play UW. This is much better than ASCII, in my estimation.

I pushed for a way to mod a few image in to replace the current images, but the dev wouldnt do it. Ah well.

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 10, 2012, 12:49:11 am »

Thought I'd resurrect this thread since there is a new version out now adding a bunch of stuff, and to shamelessly promote my own graphical mod for the game which you can get here: http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=1921&view=findpost&p=10607899

It looks a bit like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
With terrain and water tile changes as well, so if the graphics turned you away from the game before maybe you can give it another try, works with the trial version too.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 10, 2012, 01:09:10 am »

What's changed with this version?

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 10, 2012, 01:48:31 am »

It's a long list, I'll give you the change log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 10, 2012, 04:18:55 am »

Massive change log in fact
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 10, 2012, 07:55:15 am »

snip

I like your graphics mod except for one thing.

No more goofy red santa suit for the Njerpez!? Blasphemy. :(

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 10, 2012, 08:19:27 am »

Because I'm missing the less than obvious on the site somehow, where are you getting that latest full changelog from onsite and where could I find the last few along those lines?  Or is it only directly in the archive?  I'm woefully behind in the v3.12 sense!

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 10, 2012, 08:20:06 am »

Finally shelled out for this, the worlds premiere Finland-Survival simulator. Made myself a little shelter, and a fire, I even ate some bread. Now to look at the wiki on why it won't let me put my nets in this perfectly fine lake I found. After I get my survival on I will try to dabble in the art of cannibalism like any sane person would.

EDIT: Can't speak properly edition.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:22:21 am by Aptus »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 10, 2012, 08:27:46 am »

Oh, this game still exists?

Last version looks cool, maybe I'll start playing again.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 101