Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9687 9688 [9689] 9690 9691 ... 10985

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13305416 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145320 on: June 01, 2019, 02:09:23 pm »

You know what's nice, when an app has a backup plan for going around your settings. In this case, Instagram appears to be using something called Facebook updater to install updates without my explicit permission even if I have turned automatic updates in the Google Play app which handles all updates for all apps on the phone. Turns out all of FB's apps are too good for that direct user control shit so you gotta dig trough their obtuse settings screen to find and turn off this shit feature. And guess what, the updates are hidden in the 'About' tab for some fucking reason, because having the setting out in an obvious spot is not a thing they particularly care for.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145321 on: June 01, 2019, 02:38:33 pm »

It’s in the company’s best interest to roll out updates as fast as possible as widely as possible, presumably because they do not want to get in hot water when a huge security breach happens since no-one was downloading updates. Hence the labyrinthian settings.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #145322 on: June 01, 2019, 03:01:00 pm »

Or so they can mine all that sweet, sweet data.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145323 on: June 01, 2019, 04:23:17 pm »

You just left a dead frog on your living room floor? How did it even get there?
Presumably through a door or somethin'. I've never noticed exactly how they get in, but the occasional dead frog (usually dead long enough they've dried out) seems to show up in most places. Houses, libraries, various stores... they're basically like bugs, just amphibian. When you live somewhere like Florida having to deal with the occasional frog corpse is just one of those things.

And yeah, when I first noticed I just kinda' ignored it. Would have gotten back to it eventually if the dog didn't eat it or something but it's only super high priority if it's still, like, moving or leaking or summat. Which it wasn't.

Though do note, if you're from somewhere else and used to fairly sizeable frogs (or toads, or whatever), the ones that usually infiltrate a house aren't those. S'the small, bit less than thumb-ish sized ones. Usually green when healthy. If they have a specific name I can't say I've ever had reason to remember it.

E: Finally got around to actually having a bowl of the chicken and waffles cereal. As individual pieces of cereal it's kinda' eeehhh, especially the chicken pieces, but together it's pretty alright. Not great, but edible enough. Okay with milk, not great dry. Okay cereal, bad sweet potato chip equivalent.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 07:48:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145325 on: June 02, 2019, 04:23:10 am »

idk.  Its kind of cool even if its negative press.  I guess its lonely at the top?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145326 on: June 02, 2019, 07:08:28 am »

One of my fillings just broke when I bit into a sugar donut.  :o

Felt a little resistance biting into it, I think it was a bit of clumped up sugar crystals, and then this weird shift in my mouth and now part of my tooth is gone.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #145327 on: June 02, 2019, 11:24:03 am »

Was it a jelly filling?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145328 on: June 02, 2019, 11:41:46 am »

https://petapixel.com/2019/05/31/north-face-snuck-product-placement-photos-into-wikipedia-articles/

Guess they've got egg on their North Face now...

Anyone else remember the fake Sony PSP graffiti from 2005?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145329 on: June 02, 2019, 12:54:40 pm »

Was it a jelly filling?

Vanilla custard I think.

This tooth has a history of filling issues. The original became loose and just fell out, so the dentist drilled away more tooth and crammed in a bigger filling, now it looks like part of the original tooth that had been left as a cradle for the filling broke free. It had been drilled really thin and I'm frankly surprised it took this long for something to go wrong.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145330 on: June 02, 2019, 07:03:08 pm »

Youtube is being dumb, some videos will load fine, but for others, everything but the video will just fail to load, I've restarted, disabled add-ons and even changed browsers and yet this continues

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #145331 on: June 02, 2019, 10:48:26 pm »

Youtube is being dumb, some videos will load fine, but for others, everything but the video will just fail to load, I've restarted, disabled add-ons and even changed browsers and yet this continues

massive outage on the north american east coast due to weird traffic or cloud servers going down or something, yep

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145332 on: June 02, 2019, 11:13:43 pm »

urgh.

I over fibered myself today.

I did a culinary experiment with coconut flour, and made a small cake out of it.  Texture and consistency wise (and because I used very little sugar) it came out more like cornbread than cake, and was actually quite nice with some melted butter.

But today-- oh gawd-- today.  Been in the bathroom 3 times already. I hope it stops soon.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145333 on: June 03, 2019, 03:39:41 am »

So, I was pointing out to my coworkers how Scribblenauts knows about various clinical narcotics, like Lorazepam.

We were having a merry old time, giving the game bullshit answers to the quests, when the date-night one comes up, and I give the handsome young man a rafflesia to give his girlfriend.

The game takes it, and she loves it.

WTF 5th cell.  WTF.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 03:41:14 am by wierd »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145334 on: June 03, 2019, 03:49:44 am »

Maybe she likes the smell of Gloom rotten meat.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 9687 9688 [9689] 9690 9691 ... 10985