Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 715505 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #480 on: January 05, 2012, 02:56:23 pm »

I just noticed this thread. I can't be assed to read the whole thing, especially not when the last set of comments are about how it's turned into a religion thread.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't try.  Do tell us about your support of Gingrich though, you have my open invitation to expound (objectively) on why you believe he is the best running candidate for President.  And my express assurance that I will try to shut down any improprietous arguments with you provided you stay cool.

How is FSTDT a troll site?

Because it's (almost) nothing but people intentionally posting ridiculous shit so they can then link to it or see who responds.  It's like ConservaPedia, 90% of the crap was put there as a joke, to watch the five people who take it totes srs burst into flame from commenting on everything.

Let's talk New Hampshire.  Early polling suggesting Romney getting ready to run away with it, after Jon Huntsman has banked his entire effort there.  Aq's Prediction: Everyone will swear New Hampshire is meaningless from now to January 9th, it will be The Deciding Election on Jan 10th, and everybody but Romney will swear New Hampshire is meaningless from Jan 11th in perpetuity.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 05, 2012, 03:07:34 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2012, 03:10:21 pm »

Thomas Aquinas.

Nothing better than basing your modern beliefs (a.k.a. opinions that ignore statistics&factual evidence) on the dogma of an 18th century Catholic. Hah.

Let's talk New Hampshire.  Early polling suggesting Romney getting ready to run away with it, after Jon Huntsman has banked his entire effort there.  Aq's Prediction: Everyone will swear New Hampshire is meaningless from now to January 9th, it will be The Deciding Election on Jan 10th, and everybody but Romney will swear New Hampshire is meaningless from Jan 11th in perpetuity.

That's the Primaries for you. It's mostly a horse and pony show until the convention anyways. Mitt will be the winner by the end of this, the rest of the candidates are either too insane to elect (Santorum, Paul&company) or TOO evil, ala Rick and Gingrich.

All in all, each of them are very weak Presidential candidates no matter how you slice it up, though. I couldn't see any of them doing a satisfactory (not good, good presidency is a thing of the past) job, in any scenario.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 05, 2012, 03:17:20 pm »

Yup - There's a new one going around reddit right now:

"They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and regulations low, that we shouldn't get involved in the bedroom or in cultural issues. That is not how traditional conservatives view the world."
-Rick Santorum

See, the thing is that he is almost as ridiculous as Bachmann and Cain, but he just hasn't had his chance to melt under the "anyone but Romney" media spotlight yet.

Romney, being somewhat smart, is keeping his mouth shut while everyone implodes around him.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #484 on: January 05, 2012, 03:23:34 pm »

(Dr.Feelgood has received a 2 week mute for trolling.  This isn't the first time he has pretended to be an extremist, by his own admission, and he edits his old admission posts to cover his tracks.)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 05, 2012, 03:28:26 pm »

And here I was, excited at the prospect of Toady giving his thoughts on the subject...
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 05, 2012, 03:44:43 pm »

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't try.  Do tell us about your support of Gingrich though, you have my open invitation to expound (objectively) on why you believe he is the best running candidate for President.  And my express assurance that I will try to shut down any improprietous arguments with you provided you stay cool.
Nothing too serious, I just like his opinion about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I am Israeli by the way, so there's nothing objective in that :-P.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:53:21 pm by ILikePie »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 05, 2012, 03:53:29 pm »

Conservatives only want to be left alone when it's their money or their religious beliefs. When it's all about crushing some minorities right to equal treatment, why, bring on the Federal Gov't!

That's why I can't stand the small gov't crap. At least Dems stand behind the value of gov't for good or ill....Republicans want their cake and they want to eat it too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #489 on: January 05, 2012, 04:07:01 pm »

Nothing too serious, I just like his opinion about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I am Israeli by the way, so there's nothing objective in that :-P.

Gingrich only really supports Israel because he is an evangelical christian and the state of Israel with Jerusalem as its capital is a prerequisite for the apocalypse that he prays for.

Hmm. You edited...

Ok? The only way to get a single state solution to the conflict would be to ethnically cleanse all the Palestinians. And Gingrich is fine with that.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 05, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »

Good old Israel, the most likely reason for WW3. I don't see why Pan-Arabism didn't catch on, it'd solve a plethora of issues in the middle east. Especially considering how the borders for a majority of the Non-european world was drawn by people with no control over their own lands..

Being a quarter Jewish in blood, it may strike some as odd that I take such a stance. But IF Pan-Arabism wasn't Anti-Semetic in nature, I could back it completely.

Too bad the ethnicities involved are too deeply rooted in their bitter hatred to give a damn about reasonable solutions. I'm looking at you, Netanyahu.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 05, 2012, 04:25:33 pm »

I took the quiz but it was frankly completely stupid. I was able to answer maybe three of the questions without 'None of the Above'. Boy America sure is out of ideas if that is all they have to offer.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #492 on: January 05, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »

I took the quiz but it was frankly completely stupid. I was able to answer maybe three of the questions without 'None of the Above'. Boy America sure is out of ideas if that is all they have to offer.

Those are positions of candidates, and since the least right wing candidate in this election is Obama, them sure most of those positions are going to be very similar.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 05, 2012, 04:33:53 pm »

I think it should be a rule that if you answer "none of the above", then you should post what solution YOU think is best.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 05, 2012, 04:36:00 pm »

Gingrich only really supports Israel because he is an evangelical christian and the state of Israel with Jerusalem as its capital is a prerequisite for the apocalypse that he prays for.
Well support is support, and besides, Bush is an evangelical christian and we (Israel) loved him as a president.

e, Honestly I don't care if it's him, Romney or any other pro-Israel republican. Romney sounds less radical, which is a Good Thing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:37:50 pm by ILikePie »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 714