Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 715528 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #2025 on: February 16, 2012, 12:53:22 pm »

Nothing overly interesting yet.

So have lots of videos of Santorum being glitter bombed.

EDIT: OK, I take that back. This last paragraph is interesting.
About halfway through the handshaking, Santorum was glitterbombed. This was not just any glitterbomb, where a handful of glitter is haphazardly thrown at the candidate: Rick Santorum was glitter bukkake'd: He had glitter cascading down the front of his sweater vest, all down his back, through his hair, and his giant forehead shone in the flashes of photographs like Ke$ha had just vomited on it. But Santorum plodded onward with the weary grace of someone who had been sprinkled with glitter by strangers against his will many times before. He didn't shake everyone's hand, but he made an effort. And then he was whisked away.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:58:29 pm by palsch »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 16, 2012, 01:04:46 pm »

That's what American politics needs. More bukkake.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 16, 2012, 01:37:04 pm »

Abit old but..

Ron Paul on 9/11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taqzzLRQ9wc

Lol amusing, he got boo'd for taking the CIA and top political analysts stance on why 9/11 happened. Ron Paul makes me hate Americans people, they are such idiots often sometimes always.

*after thinking about Britain, I have expanded the scope of my statements.

Ron Paul on his best area, foreign policy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn8jNdnGqYQ&feature=related
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:57:45 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 16, 2012, 01:56:36 pm »

So... I was just rereading the thread, and found this gem.

Whether the government is going to outlaw condoms is kind of a general topic of an election maybe, but will only really become more so provided Rick Santorum is still in the Top Three for the Republican nomination come the end of January.  Let's keep it in the here and now for the time being, eh?

I'll be damned.  Five weeks later, and for entirely related reasons, Rick Santorum is near the top of the polls, and outlawing condoms is by some dark confluence a serious position in American politics.

Holy shit, where did we turn onto this road?
I'm not sure, but you need to start offhandedly dismissing ridiculous scenarios that are good.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: February 16, 2012, 02:03:35 pm »

A race of scantily-clad attractive female aliens comes down, gives us the secrets of fusion and FTL travel, and all the conservatives promptly head off to settle their own brutal dystopias far beyond the Rim, while the rest of us stay for a continuous party with said space babes?

Highly unlikely. You hear me, universe? HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: February 16, 2012, 02:05:08 pm »

I see what you did there  :P

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 16, 2012, 02:11:10 pm »

I'm not sure, but you need to start offhandedly dismissing ridiculous scenarios that are good.

This is like, the third or fourth it's happened too.  Am I...

Am I a wizard?  Will I be a good wizard or an evil wizard... Definitely evil wizard.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 16, 2012, 02:12:09 pm »

This is like, the third or fourth it's happened too.  Am I...

Am I a wizard?  Will I be a good wizard or an evil wizard... Definitely evil wizard.

Wizzard.

Bonus points for getting the reference.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: February 16, 2012, 02:15:53 pm »

The wind is very rinsing today.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: February 16, 2012, 02:41:49 pm »

New Rasmussen poll shows Santorum leading Romney by a whopping 18 points in Ohio. As I've stated before, you have to take a wider margin of error with Rasmussen and he seems to be in the tank for Santorum lately with his polls compared to everyone else's....but that's still a pretty good indicator that Santorum is likely to win in Ohio in nothing major happens between now and then.

Also, reporter with agenda claims that Obama's photo-op in Wisconsin the other day was tied to labor unions because he was under a big flag for the "local union, Wisconsin 1848".
Problem? That's the state flag, jackass.  :P

And lastly, big donor behind Santorum's SuperPAC comments,
“You know, back in my days, they used bare aspirin for contraception. The gals put it between their knees, and it wasn’t that costly.”

That's not the Onion. That's an honest-to-gods quote.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 16, 2012, 02:42:59 pm »

That's what American politics needs. More bukkake.

I think the economy is political bukkake.  It's a bunch of old men wanking off all over society.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 16, 2012, 02:48:35 pm »

Mind, RedKing, that was still a joke and obvious reference to keeping their legs shut being the best method of contraception. I don't think he meant the aspirin would actually do anything to stop pregnancy, as I've heard the same line repeated with other things in place of aspirin.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 16, 2012, 02:59:58 pm »

Mind, RedKing, that was still a joke and obvious reference to keeping their legs shut being the best method of contraception. I don't think he meant the aspirin would actually do anything to stop pregnancy, as I've heard the same line repeated with other things in place of aspirin.
Yeah, I got that part. What he apparently didn't get is that there are some jokes you don't use on national TV when being interviewed in the context of serious political concerns. The fact that he feels he can be that flippant about the whole thing and nobody is going to lose their shit...that disconnect is what boggles my mind.

EDIT: There's also the fact that it conveys an attitude of "If these skanks would just keep their legs shut...."  ::)
If some guy were to use that line near me, I'd have to respond with, "Well I'm teaching my daughter that the best birth control is a cigar cutter."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:03:35 pm by RedKing »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 16, 2012, 03:03:07 pm »

He's not a politician, he's not a media figure. He's just a guy with a crapload of money, who's probably used to saying whatever the hell he wants and frankly probably doesn't care himself and thus doesn't think other people would care. I mean, it doesn't seem THAT surprising.

It's not like HE'S going to suffer if he says something stupid, right?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2039 on: February 16, 2012, 03:20:22 pm »

The wind is very rinsing today.

I for one think we need to clear the air, get rid of all the old luggage.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 714