Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 874066 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I'd like to lodge a formal complaint.

In the modpack, beak dogs are pink. In the game, beak dogs are consistently described as rainbow striped (with stripes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet)

I rest my case.

Are you perhaps undiagnosed partial color blind?  Here's a screenshot of a Meph beak dog from my game.  I see a wide range of colors clearly represented.  Only a single stripe of pink.
My kids are partial color blind and see or don't see all kinds of weird colors that don't match up with everyone else.  It's not uncommon.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

I'd like to lodge a formal complaint.

In the modpack, beak dogs are pink. In the game, beak dogs are consistently described as rainbow striped (with stripes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet)

I rest my case.

Are you perhaps undiagnosed partial color blind?  Here's a screenshot of a Meph beak dog from my game.  I see a wide range of colors clearly represented.  Only a single stripe of pink.
My kids are partial color blind and see or don't see all kinds of weird colors that don't match up with everyone else.  It's not uncommon.

I am diagnosed with Deuteranomaly and i can only see a pinkish-violet creature with something red in its beak and holding something red with its claw.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's three shades of purple/pink... could be more colorful.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

This was my lame contribution to April Fool's.... just ignore me :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

i just foudn a possible reason for the nonfunctioning pack when using it with linuxlnp:
you made various changes in the d_init.txt regarding which tiles are used...
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

i just foudn a possible reason for the nonfunctioning pack when using it with linuxlnp:
Yeah, sure. Many tilesets do that.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Yeah, sure. Many tilesets do that.
yes, but it makes it hard to copy in your 44.12 tileset into a 44.09 LinuxLNP without getting unwanted wrong overrides...
:( it's so complicated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

What's stopping you from just taking the d_init.txt from the tileset and use it in linux?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

i did and now i got wrong overrides. red statues instead of gypsum, spiderwebs instead of treetrunks in your 4.7 pack.
downloading latest version now.

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner

Newb question:  Is there a way to take a save that was used with the Phoebus tileset via the LNP and update that save to be playable with in the Meph Tileset v5 launcher?
Addendum to PeridexisErrant’s DF Walkthrough, based on v40.24:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObFaFWdTBm8sUDbSyLwJhByJ8UTAlw3K

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r05 with additional, separate options for TWBT versions of graphics packs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1DNngwQZzYD2pZg2RuubEYytEo_8rp4

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Newb question:  Is there a way to take a save that was used with the Phoebus tileset via the LNP and update that save to be playable with in the Meph Tileset v5 launcher?
Nope.

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner

Nope.

Ah ... so you have to play a game from the beginning using the launcher otherwise there's no switching to the tileset later?  That's unfortunate.  Part of the fun for me is seeing how my fortress looks later in development using different tilesets.  And I can't see myself being locked into using a single tileset with one of my worlds, so this one's not for me I guess.  Admirable effort, though.

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r05 with additional, separate options for TWBT versions of graphics packs:

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Nope.

Ah ... so you have to play a game from the beginning using the launcher otherwise there's no switching to the tileset later?  That's unfortunate.  Part of the fun for me is seeing how my fortress looks later in development using different tilesets.  And I can't see myself being locked into using a single tileset with one of my worlds, so this one's not for me I guess.  Admirable effort, though.
the problem here lies within the overrides and mods/changes to the raws and even modded new workshops/functionality.
if any of those differ from those in the save, it will most likely not work at all, no matterwhich pack you use.
you could use only the tileset without any of the other changes and use it in a vanilla DF or a LNP.

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner

Nope.

the problem here lies within the overrides and mods/changes to the raws and even modded new workshops/functionality.
if any of those differ from those in the save, it will most likely not work at all, no matterwhich pack you use.
you could use only the tileset without any of the other changes and use it in a vanilla DF or a LNP.

That's exactly what I'm looking to do!  How would I go about that?  I downloaded the barebones pack but have not been able to get my old saves to load even after I copy over the Raws.  I get this error about a Missing Entity.  Do I ignore the Raws completely?  I'm new at this so I don't really know how this stuff works.  But I'd love to have the option to use this beautiful graphics pack as long as it's interchangeable with others.

EDIT:
I did try it without the Raws in the save game (region2\raw) but it fails to load when it can't find the first text file it needs.  But when I try it with the Raws I get an error window: FATAL ERROR - Missing Entity Definition.  So I'm guessing that I need some of the Raws but not others?  Maybe I need to remove some of the Raws from both the save game and Dwarf Fortress 0.44.12\raw?

EDIT2:
Looks like it has to do with some files in raw\objects.  I got passed the first crash that occurred during loading Interactions by removing "interaction_fd.txt" in raws but now it's crashing on Sorting Entities.  Maybe if I keep playing with it I'll be able to figure out the ones it doesn't like, lol.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:21:38 pm by SedrynTyros »

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 187