Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4455 4456 [4457] 4458 4459 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8786877 times)

Damp Sausage

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Down right moist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66840 on: October 23, 2013, 07:48:29 am »

Reddit is blocked at school now
At least I have DF to pass the time

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66841 on: October 23, 2013, 07:48:54 am »

Glasses are breaking and I don't have money to get new ones.
Monocles?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66842 on: October 23, 2013, 08:18:26 am »

Reddit is blocked at school now
At least I have DF to pass the time

There's a great solution to this one. Go to bing translator and tell it to translate from english to english, then enter the url and hit translate. It's a fairly shitty proxy, but it's almost never blocked because it's a legitimate translator. It's how I check the forums here while I'm supposed to be doing classwork :P
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #66843 on: October 23, 2013, 08:34:56 am »

It makes me sad that so many people though Russell Crowe's singing in Les Mis was bad. In fact I think he's really underrated in that role, that's one of the best Javerts I've heard.

Full disclosure, I thought he was a better Javert than Jackman was Valjean.

To me, comparing Russell to either Quast or the man who played Javert in the 25th anniversary concert is what makes the difference. For the record, I also disliked Jack as Valjean from his very first teaser trailer :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66844 on: October 23, 2013, 08:42:56 am »

Hey, going through a similar thing right now, though with no real romantic component - randomly met an old (like way back) classmate who just started studying philosophy here at their freshmen bar crawl, and subsequently invited her (via facebook) to a mathematician's party. Very soon afterwards, she posts (openly visible) that she will have internet access "only sporadically" and thus may take a long time to reply to stuff. WTF thread material, but just so you know - nobody's special, especially in this regard :3
I feel we speak from different platforms and perspectives. I appreciate your positivity, but it's usefulness is debatable to me.
I just need to block everything out right now so I can prepare for work with a clear head.
I feel you might be overestimating your current plight.
Not meaning any offense, I don't really know you, I'm just saying it's not a good idea to ignore potentially good advice.

Yeah, and I'm saying the difference between me and Helgoland is that I don't exist in a freshman prawl. I don't have old classmates I can speak with eye to eye. I've never been to a party once, let alone something as quaintly niche as a Mathematician's Party... I'm a 24 year old grown ass fucking virgin with a job that consists of 7 hours of sitting in a room by myself, then going home and spending the remaining 17 hours sitting in a room by myself. My recent adventures include spending a solid two days building up the guts to send a single text message, and then being almost brought to tears over the fact that she's not interested in talking to me at all. The only friends I have are the ones I can barely ever speak with online over Mumble, cause our mutual interests are slowly but surely inching away from eachother, and my night schedule means we're practically never awake at the same time.  It seems more and more that my daily life is just a desperate struggle with my mind to eek out the smallest motivation to do anything.

So I'm sorry if I feel like living life is the same as being trapped in an awful dream I can't wake up from.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66845 on: October 23, 2013, 09:48:56 am »

So, as I was enrolling for another semester of college online, I find that I have been blocked from the system and thus cannot enroll. I've been trying to contact the school since, to no avail.

FML
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66846 on: October 23, 2013, 09:58:34 am »

School shooting by a middle-school student two days ago, and today another dead teacher in a Boston suburb, and a 14-year old in custody as the homicide suspect.

MILLENIALS, Y U SO CRAZY

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66847 on: October 23, 2013, 10:55:55 am »

Haven't you been watching the news coverage? School shootings are the latest fad.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66848 on: October 23, 2013, 11:45:41 am »

Haven't you been watching the news coverage? School shootings are the latest fad.

The more coverage they get, the more often they happen, thus getting more coverage.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66849 on: October 23, 2013, 12:44:29 pm »

School shooting by a middle-school student two days ago, and today another dead teacher in a Boston suburb, and a 14-year old in custody as the homicide suspect.

MILLENIALS, Y U SO CRAZY
I don't know, maybe some other generations took away our prospects and allowed our mental health to suffer.

But really, who would ever do something like that?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66850 on: October 23, 2013, 02:03:01 pm »

MILLENIALS, Y U SO CRAZY
I don't know, maybe some other generations took away our prospects and allowed our mental health to suffer.

But really, who would ever do something like that?

Someone with too much attention-whoredom and too little conscience.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Theafroscotsman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66851 on: October 23, 2013, 02:04:06 pm »

My hacked email address came back to haunt me. had to make a new DF forums account to tell someone about not being able to access my other account because It needs verifying. the email is in the hacked account. stupid hotmail.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66852 on: October 23, 2013, 02:25:59 pm »

Welp, I realized for the first time today the cool stuff I can't do anymore because I can be tried as an adult in a court of law.
Growing up sucks.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66853 on: October 23, 2013, 02:36:20 pm »

Welp, I realized for the first time today the cool stuff I can't do anymore because I can be tried as an adult in a court of law.
Growing up sucks.

Huh. I never felt anything like that for the past three months and a day ever since I'm 18. But then again, I hate fun.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66854 on: October 23, 2013, 03:20:03 pm »

Personally, I don't define "fun" as "things that can get me arrested and tried as an adult in a court of law."
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4455 4456 [4457] 4458 4459 ... 8156