Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Incursion (open source) play & development  (Read 80380 times)

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion (open source) play & development
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2014, 01:41:40 am »

And on a semi-related question for anyone who knows the answer: Is there a way to use strength instead of escape artist to get out of entanglements? It's rather annoying for heavy armor users to simply get stuck for far too long if they get hit with said effect.
Not that I can tell.  You may be able to use 'universal solvent' should you find some, but I doubt it works.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2014, 08:07:22 am »

And on a semi-related question for anyone who knows the answer: Is there a way to use strength instead of escape artist to get out of entanglements? It's rather annoying for heavy armor users to simply get stuck for far too long if they get hit with said effect.
Not that I can tell.  You may be able to use 'universal solvent' should you find some, but I doubt it works.
Could swear there was an option to try to brute force breaking free, specially given the example of what trains strength in the manual. In this case, a suggestion: Adding a strength option to breaking free, removing the armor penalties to escape artist, at least for some of the cases and/or adding escape artist to all classes, or at least allow it to get some points.

Right now if you are a heavy armor character you either get freedom of movement ASAP or your only options when getting entangled with nearby enemies are teleportation (like potions of dimension door. Kinda of a bug to be be able to quaff them while entangled), praying for assistance and hoping your god helps you in the manner you need, or laying down and dying.

Using the paladin as an example, with -13 armor penalty between shield and armor (and it's not even as high as it could be really. I'm fairly sure I was using a medium armor, or at least something on the light end of the heavy armors), and no escape artists rank, not even a natural 20 will get him out an entangle with a DC of 14. And while he stop using the shield, it's not possible to do the same with the armor itself in the middle of combat, which means that it's pretty much a save or lose for entangles.

Worse yet, while the bags are not that common and have a finite duration, a lot of monsters use bolas, and, despite their reflex DC being so low, it only takes a failed single one for you to be stuck without ever being able to get out due to your worse than non existent escape artist skill. :P
On a low priority bug (or something went wrong on my build). Tried to use holy water on a zombie:

Edit: Image was apparently broken. Fixed now I think.
Fixed.  This was a high priority bug which caused crashes in some circumstances, but I was unable to reproduce it until now.  Throwing holy water at a zombie was a consistent reproduction case.

This was a long term legacy bug for Incursion BTW from before my time.

Thanks again!
Shows what I know. Thought it was merely a bug with the text. ^^

Also, btw, have you checked the mount issue?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2014, 09:02:25 am »

Double post because this is rather critical:

New build seems to have broken the stat modifiers, no matter the character you make. Only very a handful of derived characteristics avoided it. Screenshot of the character sheet for reference:
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2014, 01:19:46 am »

New build seems to have broken the stat modifiers, no matter the character you make. Only very a handful of derived characteristics avoided it. Screenshot of the character sheet for reference:
Minor typo, should be fixed.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2014, 02:32:23 pm »

Minor typo, should be fixed.
Still have some issues with stats. Most penalties, including natural and morale penalties doesn't seem to be actually accounted, magical bonuses aren't either, and more. Here's a wizard mode (to grab a few items) save that exemplifies what I'm saying: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdae5aq0ev0z8ne/Balderk.7z?dl=0

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2014, 05:16:12 pm »

Can you direct me to specific things to look at?

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2014, 06:32:39 pm »

Can you direct me to specific things to look at?
The character stats, specifically as is seen here:

Natural penalties and morale penalties are not being taken in account when calculating the actual stat from the base, nor are magical bonuses (and penalties I assume).

Edit: There also seems to be a few issues with some non primary stats as well, such as parry modifier of your weapon not properly being added to defense even with the expertise feat. You can see it here:

This being from another character that I went with with a spiked chain spec.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 07:02:55 pm by Felius »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2014, 12:21:56 am »

Fixed, thanks again.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2014, 12:10:17 pm »

Fixed, thanks again.
Not a problem, it's me who should thank you for the immediate fixes. :)

On a side note, any news on hand crossbow bolts? 

Edit: On a suggestion: Giving Animal Empathy's pacify ability XP gain similar of that of Diplomacy's quell.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:05:04 pm by Felius »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2014, 01:50:33 pm »

On a side note, any news on hand crossbow bolts? 
What about them?  Got a link to a post or something?

Edit: On a suggestion: Giving Animal Empathy's pacify ability XP gain similar of that of Diplomacy's quell.
Not sure what to do with these types of suggestions.  To act on them requires a better insight into balancing than what I currently have.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2014, 02:37:28 pm »

What about them?  Got a link to a post or something?
I had mentioned them before I think. They are not available for crafting and more than a bit rare in the dungeon itself, meaning drow characters that start with them have to conserve their shots to a rather unhealthy degree, even considering the possibility of recovering at least some of the fired bolts.

Not sure what to do with these types of suggestions.  To act on them requires a better insight into balancing than what I currently have.
I get what you mean. It's just that playing Druids is a bit extra-painful if you are trying to keep animal killing to a minimum, mostly because pacifying them doesn't give you any XP at all.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2014, 02:45:24 pm »

Well, druids don't exactly have a particularly hard time in general.  I think the paltry few XP lost from pacification isn't exactly painful.

Still though, since diplomatic quelling does grant XP, it would make sense for Empathy to do so as well.  I'm more concerned about whether or not pacified animals still go apeshit (ho ho ho) on each other and your animal companion.  Used to be there was something still in there where they wouldn't recognize each other as allies and then just start attacking each other.  If you'd pulled the animals over to your side, you'd also get massive loads of stat training by resolving their "disputes" several times a turn.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2014, 07:53:41 pm »

And bug report time again. Crash upon praying for aid, probably related to the god trying to replace spell books since VS2010 took me to line 935 of prayer.cpp

Here's the save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfsht7x45uf8qmi/Una_2.7z?dl=0

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2014, 01:34:33 pm »

And bug report time again. Crash upon praying for aid, probably related to the god trying to replace spell books since VS2010 took me to line 935 of prayer.cpp

Here's the save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfsht7x45uf8qmi/Una_2.7z?dl=0
Fixed.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2014, 06:23:45 pm »

After creating a number of characters there's one thing I've been wondering: Why does the random stat rolling take so long? A handful of random numbers, even with a bunch of attached conditions shouldn't take that long if my understanding is correct.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24