Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Yaer: The End of Home  (Read 2559 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Yaer: The End of Home
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2018, 09:37:37 pm »

No.  I was not asking for an "out".

The Unitarian Empire is what the Driven Exterminators call themselves. They are made up of Hegemons, ruling over significant worlds and areas, all loyal to an Empress.

Their coalition is made up of the species that have sworn fealty to "their betters".

Most of their soldiers, that are not vat-born drones are commanded by one of several such species.

The one that has come to speak to you is an entirely different species then what you have seen so far. It holds itself steady, it's gait revealing the presence of either augmented or "improved" muscles. It could likely hold itself for a short period of time, should you decide to attack.

It sits down at a table in your prison, and you sit at its opposite.

"We believe we have an opportunity to redeem your species." stated the Royal.

"Your kind, when held hostage by the machines they created, commanded their abominations to slaughter without mercy.

Only a Yaerian can renege this command, as they are too dedicated for anything less.

Work with us. Save your species.
" commanded the Royal, with the expectation that you would not ever refuse such an honor.

The decision is largely out of your hands if you wanted to do anything but stay in your prison forever.

"I would be honored."

The discussions afterward are tedious. Mostly towards the aspects of how to put you into a situation where you can give commands to the other Frames while simultaneously staying in your gilded cage.

The exact mechanic of how a battle Frame can discern a Yaerian, much less an official of the now extinct Yaerian Directorate is  a complex set of sensory overlays combined with either the processing of a blood-sample against a database of commanders or a certain set of overrides (the method of communication varies for how severe the command is.) "deployed" against a machines think-tank.

No "Override" will ever work when deployed by a dumb machine or a determined exterminator's client species, the mechanisms are too clever for that.

You had this explained in simpletons terms dozens of times.

They plan to deploy you to a world, to make contact with a Battle-Frame as a test.

Of course, they know all the overrides, there might be more, but they know the ones that matter.

It's just a question of which world should the test be conducted?

A. The Homeworld, the battleframes that exist here known to inhabit the world are erratic, particularly clever, but prone to naked brutality.
B. Underneath us right now is a world that was once the logistical center-piece of the Yaerian Empire; A Factory world. Underneath the shattered orbital ring, A few holdouts where War-Frames have activated autonomous fabricators that spit out thousands upon thousands of drones, to lurk in the sub-surface of a planet-wide factory built into a moon. Their battle frames are simply numerous but half made machines.
C. The world that the moon orbits was once a garden world called Lorthall, until an orbital bombardment lit it vast forests on fire and choked it with ash. The only active Battle Frames are ones guarding the capital city or other military targets. Presumably, they must be ancient.
D. You can perhaps persuade him to let you move to a Control Facility on the moon of the homeworld, and perhaps begin your endgame early. This would be very suspicious.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2018, 09:50:38 pm »

C, ancient technology is always great to play around with

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2018, 10:33:15 pm »

All of it is ancient. It's just some pieces are more ancient than others, relatively speaking.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2018, 01:59:57 am »

C

No.  I was not asking for an "out". 

ok. I didn't mean any offence by it, I was just asking. I'm glad this will continue.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2018, 02:06:56 am »

A Maybe we can convince a few smarter war frames to act "under control" enough for the [Determined Exterminators] to use but too hostile to be deactivated directly.  The [Determined Exterminators] will welcome a new weapon against their foes while the warframe will see a new strategy to win the war.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2018, 04:38:52 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]