Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105851 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #645 on: April 19, 2020, 02:15:17 am »

So in the newer patch notes they've mentioned item modifiers. Have anyone seen anything like these in-game? The only thing I can think of are all the helmets with different linings. J don't know what else they've could've been referring to, I can find no items with modifiers a la Warband.

Also it bugs me that they haven't fixed the wrapped boots with 17 armour and even more the rough leather bracers with 30 armour. I feel like a chump for not using them but it also feels silly to not use them.

Re: smithing.

Smelting seems to be nearly useless now, unless it's to get more hardwood. Otherwise, it seems like hardwood -> charcoal refining is really the only sell-in-bulk money maker.

The most profitable quest right now is the "Gang leader needs weapons" quest when they wants one-handed swords (I've only encountered variants of wanting one-handed swords and crossbows). I always carry at least 50-100 of all metals just from passively smelting enemy weapons, so there's no real cost and you can easily whip up a dozen shitty shortswords for him. It pays between 10 000-15 000 just for a few clicks worth of time.

Yes, I'm assuming that's a bug because the payment mentioned is usually ~3000-5000. But it's easy denars for now.
Love, scriver~

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 19, 2020, 02:54:36 am »

The most profitable quest right now is the "Gang leader needs weapons" quest when they wants one-handed swords (I've only encountered variants of wanting one-handed swords and crossbows). I always carry at least 50-100 of all metals just from passively smelting enemy weapons, so there's no real cost and you can easily whip up a dozen shitty shortswords for him. It pays between 10 000-15 000 just for a few clicks worth of time.

Yes, I'm assuming that's a bug because the payment mentioned is usually ~3000-5000. But it's easy denars for now.

I dunno, I usually start my campaign going from village to village returning wayward daughters. At a minimum of 1.5k a pop to either persuade the girl or kill some poor sob who can barely use a blade, I usually net a good sum.

Oh what I wouldn't give to just copy+paste Warband's Floris mod onto Bannerlord's engine and fx.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 19, 2020, 03:01:50 am »

Oh what I wouldn't give to just copy+paste Warband's Floris mod onto Bannerlord's engine and fx.

i feel like as soon as the game stabilizes near the full release candidate, with all the mod work going on now, this will be a reality. heck, within a couple weeks they already coded a simple diplomacy mod, the ability to invest in villages (with the new bannerlord gauntlet ui!), and the ability to hire independent patrols from said villages and towns. wrap all of this up in one bundle and we have basically the floris mod pack gameplay version.

in the meantime im still playing a pendor campaign with warband and keeping up with bannerlord patch notes.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 19, 2020, 03:16:19 am »

I dunno, I usually start my campaign going from village to village returning wayward daughters. At a minimum of 1.5k a pop to either persuade the girl or kill some poor sob who can barely use a blade, I usually net a good sum.

This makes you a dishonourable swinedog though
Love, scriver~

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 19, 2020, 04:56:39 am »

Not at all! My honor rating is "honest," and I am simply upholding ye olde law. The father of the house decides the role of his children and whom they marry. The Almighty has made it so, and to forsake this venerable custom is dissidence and blasphemy!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 05:00:07 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 19, 2020, 05:53:16 am »

Not at all! My honor rating is "honest," and I am simply upholding ye olde law. The father of the house decides the role of his children and whom they marry. The Almighty has made it so, and to forsake this venerable custom is dissidence and blasphemy!

I usually wait until I have a companion to kill the bridenapper.  I can't be bothered to get my sword bloody, although its a relatively easy fight.  I could internally justify the whole thing as believing the bridenapper is really a ne're do well that won't be able to support himself or the headman's daughter.  I mean, if the ne're do well is going to just gamble away his money, use drugs, and eventually sell the daughter to slavers, then I'm the hero.
...what I actually do is say "Ah yes, these elders have it right.  Nowadays, too few parents teach their children how to properly hate.  This girl, she will have the ability to hate, for whatever virtue there is in that."
Then I buy something nice and quickly forget about her.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 19, 2020, 02:24:58 pm »

Is earning traits even in? I swear I've never seen myself pick up a trait point for doing anything. I thought that was the possible downside of having to kill her lover, do it enough times and you start getting the cruel trait.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 19, 2020, 02:33:10 pm »

Trait points are in. They usually come in values of ~50 per quest solved and you need 1000 to get a trait level.

Valor is supposed to be gained from fighting. Once you get mode than a handful of troops I've never received valor, but perhaps my contribution is just too meagre.

The starting traits are you get from the backgrounds are bugged however. You receive the traits, but you don't get the points that you need to fulfil the trait level. So the first time you get points of that trait the computer checks and sees that you only have 50/1000 (or 5/1000 in the case of Valor) points and thus shouldn't have the trait, and you lose it.

I'm using a mod which shows you at least some of the points you gain and loose and which is supposed to fix the starting trait bug. I've ended up losing all my traits anyway but that might just be because I'm too ambivalent in how I solve quests or whatever. I dunno. I managed to work up to 1000 Honour in a previous play through.
Love, scriver~

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 19, 2020, 07:35:50 pm »

Huh. It appears that when you smith an item it becomes something that can just be made and sold.

I have a sword I'm using I called Ice Shard. I've only made the one, and my character is the one wielding it. And yet, it's for sale in this city I'm in. I guess some blacksmith liked by mediocre quality sword?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 19, 2020, 07:53:12 pm »

thats both kinda interesting and also kinda annoying.

i like the idea that if you make slightly above average weapons using mediocre materials, it becomes a fad or adopted by smiths and sold.

but i would at least like it if i make myself the best, highest quality Damascus steel weapons (i know its called something else in game but hey), that they dont just flood the market. after all, i don't see the highest level steel on sale, so what could they be making these out of?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 19, 2020, 11:50:26 pm »

So if someone were to make 1000 swords, the market would be flooded with 1000 different types of swords?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 20, 2020, 09:22:54 am »

Well, I don't think it's a case of "This always shows up". I haven't seen it in every city, and they only had one. I think it just gets added to the list of possible equipment for sale in the cities. So if you made a thousand sword types, you'd greatly increase the possible variety.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 20, 2020, 10:17:41 pm »

Well, I don't think it's a case of "This always shows up". I haven't seen it in every city, and they only had one. I think it just gets added to the list of possible equipment for sale in the cities. So if you made a thousand sword types, you'd greatly increase the possible variety.

And I think the game favors the cheap stuff, so only the swords that are lousy are going to show up reliably.  That would actually explain a lot.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 21, 2020, 12:35:51 am »

I usually wait until I have a companion to kill the bridenapper.  I can't be bothered to get my sword bloody, although its a relatively easy fight.  I could internally justify the whole thing as believing the bridenapper is really a ne're do well that won't be able to support himself or the headman's daughter.  I mean, if the ne're do well is going to just gamble away his money, use drugs, and eventually sell the daughter to slavers, then I'm the hero.
...what I actually do is say "Ah yes, these elders have it right.  Nowadays, too few parents teach their children how to properly hate.  This girl, she will have the ability to hate, for whatever virtue there is in that."
Then I buy something nice and quickly forget about her.

This is how I absolve myself from unholy guilt as well. Killing a rival lord may be "dishonorable," but if God was against it, getting his gear to equip my companions wouldn't make me so happy, so it's ok.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #659 on: April 21, 2020, 09:11:39 am »

Been playing this. Fun game! Love the optimizations they've done. Playing 500 man battles smoothly on my laptop. Trying to do the same in Warband on this laptop is just not possible.

I made a little mod a few days ago for anyone that might want it. Basically fixing annoyances that I've had with the game, fixing some broken and unfinished stuff, etc. I love how easy Bannerlord is to mod, even without the official modding tools yet. I remember when Warband first came out before the module system was out, I was painstakingly editing text files and posting which numbers to edit on a thread for people haha. Now I can just release a little mod with sliders to set whatever.

Here it is if anyone wants to check it out: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/692
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62