Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5468 5469 [5470] 5471 5472 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14887297 times)

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: wikipedia
These are considered funny because they are realistic caricatures of various cultures, and the pervasiveness of such jokes stems from the significant cultural differences. Steers and Nardon also state that others believe such jokes present cultural stereotypes and must be viewed with caution.

Wiki just kinda sucks all the fun out of jokes, huh?
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Kinda hard to fault something for explaining the joke when the entire purpose of it is to explain things.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I have looked more in detail at Microscope, a GMless world-building RPG. From what I've seen in the reviews, it looks like a lot of fun. I've followed the ars ludi blog for a little while now and this is the first I've looked in detail at the game.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

For father's day, me and dad thought up the best band idea ever.

Witch Doctor

The lead singer would take to stage wearing a big wooden mask and grass skirt dancing around like the devil himself, playing flying guitars and throwing skulls in the audience and stuff.  Our repertoire would be 70's shock rock à la The Clash, Alice Cooper, and Ted Nugent, and troo kvlt renditions of Chipmunks tunes.  The Emblem: WMD
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

troo kvlt renditions of Chipmunks tunes

You and your father should abandon your jobs and set about doing this at this very moment
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

Aqizzar made me happy today by reminding me that today is Father's Day. He saved me from being mocked by my mother.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

So I'm going camping in the dark wastes of the far western US. This should be good.
Get an autograph for me while you're there. :P
Sorry, I didn't see this until now. I would have done it though!
You and your father should abandon your jobs and set about doing this at this very moment
I agree with this sentiment.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I agree with this sentiment.

OOH
EEE
OOH AH AH
TING TANG
WALLAWALLA BING BANG
OOH EEE
OOH AH AH

*throw shrunken heads into moshing crowd*
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

That's what he said.

But yeah, get some trumpets in there and I'd totally probably pay to see it if it were in my area and I actually knew about it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Sit down by the fire kids and listen to Grandpa Monkeyhead's old computer stories...

There was a good 10 years at least between the C64 and the SNES... I remember them well. People said carts would never take off compared to the old tape loaders. A six button controller for the Megadrive was considered heresy, and the war between the plumber and the hedgehog had claimed many lives. I had to repaint back on the worn away function buttons on my ZX Spectrum 28k, with its Kempton joysitck adaptor. We used to use a can lid runing over the 64 pin connector on the Kempton adaptor to act as a crude steering wheel when playing OutRun or Chase HQ. £1.99 would buy you a copy of New Zealand Story and you could copy any game you wanted on a C90 tape recorder from your older cousin. PEEK's and POKE codes copied labouriously from well leaved magazines gave extra lives or invulnerability, and British Telecom trialled an "over the phone" system where it would play the encoded data for a spectrum game over the phone line for you to record and run yourself, with the cost of the call representing the cost of the game. Trap Door was unfinishable thanks to the fire cannon needed to make boiled slimeys being smart enough to avoid falling back down the Trap Door. My old mum was house champion at classics like "Ant Attack" and "Jumping Jack", but wouldnt play anything with more than 8 colours as it was too confusing for her, poor old dear. The rick kid on the posh new housing development had an amiga, and we would all crowd round in his bedroom to see IK+ and Speedball in thier 64 colour glory. Ah, those were the days.

It's weird to think that there are people who don't remember that retro games were once not so retro.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finished playing through Ghost Trick, very fun game, I enjoyed it a lot. Although there were times I wished characters would shut up or that scenes or that I could skip ahead. I think it would have been nice if the rewind mechanics were a lot finer, I spent a lot of time metaphorically rolling my eyes and wishing the game would get on with it already.

Also, rain made me happy.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got in touch with my dads, and discovered that me and my sibs names are on their way to Mars. Also, Dad apparently snagged one of Moog's Theremins, hooked it to a bunch of synthesizers, and rocked out with it via Skype.

Best dads.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

...Pardon booting into your private life, but do you have two dads? Awesome anyway :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Dads, eh? Who gets Mothers Day?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Suddenly remembered the awesome crossing-guard/volunteer worker at my primary school/undertaker. He gave me and my two siblings nicknames... that I just remembered and should probably use again!

I was Rain, for my occasional somber mood and attempts to predict the rain.
My little brother was Thunder, for his bright and powerful temper.
And my little sister was Sunshine, because she was always cheerful.

Awesome names, amirite?
Pages: 1 ... 5468 5469 [5470] 5471 5472 ... 13314