Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 99737 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #885 on: December 29, 2020, 07:40:23 pm »

this bad move has cost me the game
Interesting use of 'me', there. Are you thinking of the town, or yourself?

Unvote

notquitethere
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 29, 2020, 07:40:37 pm »

I still wanted to lynch Leafsnail but I (mis?)judged that it was no longer possible.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 29, 2020, 07:41:26 pm »

I'm thinking of town you illiterate appliance. I literally said O was acting to prevent what O thought was a typical mislynch

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 29, 2020, 07:41:45 pm »

I love how the Leafsnail wagon evaporates like smoke the moment NQT loses his cool.

Almost like it had no substance to begin with.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 29, 2020, 07:42:15 pm »

And what made you think it was a mislynch? What made you think Leafsnail was a better choice beyond 'meta'? Don't you have any reasons behind things?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 29, 2020, 07:42:27 pm »

Thanks you two, but we still need one more. Luckyowl please? Is it possible for someone to Pm him to tell him that shit is going down?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 29, 2020, 07:42:52 pm »

Thanks you two, but we still need one more. Luckyowl please? Is it possible for someone to Pm him to tell him that shit is going down?
Only webadict can send game reminder PMs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 29, 2020, 07:43:19 pm »

Ok, guys . . . current count is tied again . . . I want to go to the library and pick up my hold . . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 29, 2020, 07:43:24 pm »

Fallacy:
No way Mafia NQT blows a LYLO breaker for no real reason on D1.
And you think that makes him town? There's also no way to be sure that's a one-shot. Or doesn't have hidden caveats. Look at his behavior, not his usage of an ability that may be free for all we know.

Not for sure, but it kills most of my suspicion of the move.  LYLO BREAKER is a big deal.

Leafsnail: (and others)
Okay.

TricMagic.

No way Mafia NQT blows a LYLO breaker for no real reason on D1.
Assuming that NQT is telling the truth about his ability being one-shot, why do you think a mafia member wouldn't use a one-shot ability if they thought it would save their life?

The strongest part of a LYLO breaker for mafia is no one knowing they have it.  If Mafia NQT is lying about it, he's tipped his hand in a major way.

And I seriously don't see the necessity of him using it.  Regardless of his alignment, it was a misplay- but much less so for non-mafia.  This would be an extreme error from Mafia NQT.

That said, NQT is breaking hard right now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 29, 2020, 07:43:59 pm »

appliance
I'm not Toaster. That your buddy?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 29, 2020, 07:45:12 pm »

The strongest part of a LYLO breaker for mafia is no one knowing they have it.  If Mafia NQT is lying about it, he's tipped his hand in a major way.
You think he wouldn't use it in an attempt to save himself from the lynch?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 29, 2020, 07:46:13 pm »

I will unvote over taking a no-lynch, but I'm not voting for NQT: I think he is town.

Nirur Torir, NJW: What say you?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 29, 2020, 07:46:32 pm »

I gave my reasons, Leafsnail fit the pattern perfectly for lay low scum play.

I lost my cool because it's half past midnight and I'm tired and posting too quickly and now obviously I'm keen to head off my own demise.

Look I'll flip and I just used my day power to gain an extra vote but otherwise I have no other info. If I had managed to get leafsnail lynched I was going to target Jim with my disabling power because my gut says he's bad news but O had nothing properly solid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 29, 2020, 07:46:48 pm »

You think he wouldn't use it in an attempt to save himself from the lynch?

I think he wouldn't have needed to do so if he had remained rational.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 29, 2020, 07:46:59 pm »

*snip*

This incompetence is totally in character for Beezlebub. We know mafia has one player like that, why can’t it be NQT.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 122