Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8767344 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #11730 on: September 08, 2010, 06:50:11 pm »

I mean, I understand why 2/x = 4/x + 4/x doesn't follow from x/2 = x/4 + x/4, but it's kindof hard to express.

... It... doesn't?  I mean, what on earth was the original question?

(Also, as far as "trapezium" goes, both plural forms are valid.)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: September 08, 2010, 06:53:47 pm »

Keep it elevated if you can, but I don't see where icing is going to do much if it's not swollen except make it hurt more while the ice is on it.

Also, I survived.  Tornado touched down about a half-mile away and circled around town.  It happened to quit right as it approached George Bush's house, and left the county.
I want to make a joke about shoe-dodging here, but I don't think I could do this great setup justice.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: September 08, 2010, 06:55:22 pm »

Keep it elevated if you can, but I don't see where icing is going to do much if it's not swollen except make it hurt more while the ice is on it.

Also, I survived.  Tornado touched down about a half-mile away and circled around town.  It happened to quit right as it approached George Bush's house, and left the county.

Not to brag or anything, but we had 3 touch down, and that was just in the last month. You get used to having swirling columns of certain defenestrating death as neighbors, after a while.

Glad to hear you managed to dodge it though... though you could have attempted to ride it like a Mechanical Bull.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: September 08, 2010, 08:13:29 pm »

Fuck, I think I just made Bandages depressed. I really hope you don't take what I said about a fictional character to heart dude, I really don't know enough about you to give judgment, and I can't really give judgment on people I know well anyway. No harsh feelings man(Except for emotional scars of what you imply yourself to be, but screw those.).
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: September 08, 2010, 08:14:42 pm »

Where did this happen?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: September 08, 2010, 08:15:45 pm »

In the MSPA thread, I believe. It's hard to tell because there's something like 10 replies a minute right now.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: September 08, 2010, 08:16:34 pm »

Bandages seemed fine enough to me. Not sure where you're getting depression from.

EDIT: And then Metal read the happy thread update. Oh dear.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: September 08, 2010, 08:17:32 pm »

In the Happy thread, he baleet'd his avatar, sig and declared that he's done.

D:
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: September 08, 2010, 08:18:31 pm »

Fuck, I think I just made Bandages depressed. I really hope you don't take what I said about a fictional character to heart dude, I really don't know enough about you to give judgment, and I can't really give judgment on people I know well anyway. No harsh feelings man(Except for emotional scars of what you imply yourself to be, but screw those.).

I think it was more my fault, when I very bruskly told him not to talk about it (not in that thread anyway) and that we (read: I) would ignore it if he did.  I don't feel good about making him storm off in a huff, but I stand by it, however much a jerk I looked like.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: September 08, 2010, 08:20:32 pm »

You two's "meanness" to Bandages was par for the course both on that thread and any other thread with set rules. If anyone overreacted here, it was Bandages.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: September 08, 2010, 08:23:11 pm »

Meh.  Might as well give him some time to cool off and see what happens.  People often come back when you give them a chance.

I don't know what I think about it.  On the one hand, the wording used was a bit harsh.  On the other hand, he seemed to be digging for praise or... something... for his theoretical sadism.  It was all very odd.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: September 08, 2010, 08:24:56 pm »

It seemed like he wanted to tell us about the sociopathically manipulative things he does to his own friends, somehow making Vriska not evil. I can certainly say I am confused over it.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: September 08, 2010, 08:27:15 pm »

My personal guess is that he identified himself with Vriska and couldn't take the bashing she was getting for her actions, feeling guilt for his own behavior, and thus felt a need to defend both by defending himself.

Eh.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: September 08, 2010, 08:27:46 pm »

Just hope he comes back and sees how sorry we all are.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: September 08, 2010, 08:30:12 pm »

I told him off as well, but he just seemed to be trying to get some attention to me (and he found it). When you repeatedly bring up your own life (especially in the fashion he did) in a totally unrelated thread, no matter how related he insisted it was, people are going to tell him to stuff it. I don't think any wronging was done; if he left he was already ready to leave.
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 8156