Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1189124 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 100 Reunion of the centturn
« Reply #2310 on: July 17, 2015, 04:33:00 pm »

((I've considered gases affinity before.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: July 17, 2015, 04:42:24 pm »

((It would be interesting to see what happens on the other end of the spectrum- I don't think anyone's gone to a level of specificity where their character becomes a 1-spell wonder before.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: July 17, 2015, 04:50:01 pm »

((My next character's affinity will be [REDACTED].))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: July 17, 2015, 04:51:53 pm »

What is the most op affinity we had? I think the aspect affinity, cause you just apply the dead aspect to the brain and done.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: July 17, 2015, 04:55:18 pm »

What is the most op affinity we had? I think the aspect affinity, cause you just apply the dead aspect to the brain and done.
((You'd need to draw the aspect of dead from something first which may result in all kinds of shenenigans))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: July 17, 2015, 05:35:20 pm »

((You'd need to draw the aspect of dead from something first which may result in all kinds of shenenigans))
That's still incredibly overpowered.

The dragon's dead, the island saved, I have a shiny new dragon soul. Now its time to get back to my shop.

Get back in my plane and fly around looking for my troll.
Make 3 summoning essences while I do so.

Not yet. You have a debt to pay.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: July 18, 2015, 11:27:37 am »

What is the most op affinity we had? I think the aspect affinity, cause you just remove the living aspect in the brain and done.
Or you can just place the Controlling aspect of his brain into yours. Either way, symptoms of both is plausible with Electricity. FIFY
Quote from: ATHATH
What debt NAV have to pay?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: July 18, 2015, 12:58:24 pm »

What is the most op affinity we had? I think the aspect affinity, cause you just remove the living aspect in the brain and done.
Or you can just place the Controlling aspect of his brain into yours. Either way, symptoms of both is plausible with Electricity. FIFY
Quote from: ATHATH
What debt NAV have to pay?
I saved his life.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: July 18, 2015, 01:11:11 pm »

He distracted the dragon for a turn, which probably saved my life.

You're not getting anything unless we discuss it and come to an agreement about what I owe you.
I'll let you keep those 7 shards you stole from me and forgive you for stealing them, maybe summon some equipment for you, and heal you for free if you're ever in need. That is a really good offer for what you did.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: July 18, 2015, 11:48:46 pm »

You're not getting anything unless we discuss it and come to an agreement about what I owe you.
I'll let you keep those 7 shards you stole from me and forgive you for stealing them, maybe summon some equipment for you, and heal you for free if you're ever in need. That is a really good offer for what you did.
Well, I have something... different in mind. I guess I'm not benefiting from delaying this, so I'll get straight to the point: scrap the healing and the equipment, I want the jet. Now, before we continue negotiations, I'd like you to know that I've been going around planting what I like to call "seeds" in people. These "seeds" are mental contingencies that activate at my command. I have several that are set to kill a designated target or to attack unapproved aggressors when they attack me, whether I know it or not. You are off of the "non-approved" list. You might believe that I am lying. I am not. I have pledged myself to a god of truth, and he punishes lying followers. DreamerGhost can confirm this. Think about the decision that you are about to make.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: July 18, 2015, 11:55:39 pm »

Post the quote about you pledging to that god of truth, ATHATH.
Edit: And i won't smite you if you did.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 10:59:42 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: July 19, 2015, 12:18:42 am »

((I really hope you didn't touch me but I think you did when we first met, so don't activate it please, I have a plan and won't touch you with it.))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:27:20 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: July 19, 2015, 05:55:42 am »

DreamerGhost can confirm this. Think about the decision that you are about to make.

This is meta as fuck.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: July 19, 2015, 08:26:13 am »

Go two spaces SW. Aether sense surroundings for anything interesting. Make an aether essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: July 19, 2015, 09:28:41 am »

Well, I have something... different in mind. I guess I'm not benefiting from delaying this, so I'll get straight to the point: scrap the healing and the equipment, I want the jet. Now, before we continue negotiations, I'd like you to know that I've been going around planting what I like to call "seeds" in people. These "seeds" are mental contingencies that activate at my command. I have several that are set to kill a designated target or to attack unapproved aggressors when they attack me, whether I know it or not. You are off of the "non-approved" list. You might believe that I am lying. I am not. I have pledged myself to a god of truth, and he punishes lying followers. DreamerGhost can confirm this. Think about the decision that you are about to make.
((I think you've actually pledged yourself to a god of lies. But it's possible we can prove that you've placed your "seeds" by looking in the turns and looking for unaccounted essence loss in the status at the end of each new turn.))

Edit: ((For some reason Plot affinity isn't valid. I wonder why?  ;)))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:55:16 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 506