Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)  (Read 23385 times)

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 01:46:27 pm »

The artifact relates to the awesome backpack artifact that I am wearing right now. And the killing relates to the ambush we suffered near the end of the year. I'll mention all of that when I wright my little history about the sacrifices. =)

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 08:53:50 pm »

11 Felsite:
I just realized that with 71 mouths to feed and 71 brains to inebriate, we're drastically short on food and drink.  I'd blame someone, but being the chef and all, that just leads back to me.  Time to draft some of these migrants into the farming, brewing, and military professions!

19 Felsite:
The elves have arrived to trade! Time to unload all the electrum crafts I've been spewing out.

22 Felsite:

May our fields grow bountiful and our forges never want for ore!

In other news, I trade for everything the elves brought for a few electrum bracelets.  They must be mad to trade perfectly good booze for some shiny metal.  Oh well, so much the better for us!

1 Malachite:

Oh goody.  We'll just keep him walled off till we have a military.

10 Malachite:
It would seem that dhokarena has taken it upon himself to be mayor.  As such he wants a better room and is banning the export of giant cave spider silk... not that I was going to anyway.

11 Malachite:
More migrants - an armorsmith and a bunch of new recruits!

7 galena:
I've been working on housing for nobles.

Seems like we're all at peace for the moment.

16 Galena:
Kadol, a woodcrafter started very odd and antisocial today.  Then he took over a workshop. Let's see what he comes up with!

17 Galena:
A human caravan came today.  Time to unload more useless bracelets!

23 Galena:

The artifacts created here continue to flabbergast me.

21 Limestone:
I felt that I have neglected my duties documenting our tale.  Really, there's not much to tell.  We've been frantically unloading, cooking, brewing, crafting, etc all of the human goods we bought (and for only 5 gold earrings no less!).  I'm working on a project to expand the tombs and refurbish the dining halls.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 09:47:26 pm »

I just remembered that I'm gonna be out of town for a couple days (either back sat/sun) starting tomorrow.  Tonight I'll keep playing and get as far as I can.  Should I upload the save after that or is it alright if I finish it up on Sunday and Monday?

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 09:58:55 pm »

I won't answer that post, futility, but don't forget to dorf me and sign me up, dhokarena!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:05:51 am by Savolainen5 »
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 12:27:09 am »

You're dwarfed Savo.  I'm planning on Sun/Mon.  If you guys don't want to wait, go ahead and skip me.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 02:54:49 pm »

Done. I'm having computer issues. If somebody wants to take up the bookkeeping, that'd be much appreciated.

Also, I'm mayor of this place? Awesome.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 03:03:19 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 04:59:59 pm »

28 Timber:
The dwarves have come.  Again I take all they have for a few golden trinkets.  Now I have STEEL! time to upgrade the military!

In other news:

11 Moonstone:
Conducted liason meetings.  I've requested steel and flux stone so next year we can upgrade equipment.  Here's what they want:

19 Opal:
I don't know how this has happened.  The forgotten beast has breached our fortress! Time to test our military might.

23 Opal:
It took 4 days but the beast is slain! No casualties except war dogs, woohoo!

18 Obsidian:
The Goblins have begun a siege! TO ARMS!

22 Obsidian:
I laugh in the faces of the cowards as they flee the fortress.  Unfortunately we have sustained our first dwarven military loss: Catten Tosidnonub you shall be missed.

28 Obsidian:
One of the dwarves created a fantastic coffin for one of our future heroes!

With that, I shall be stepping down as fortress overseer.  We've had a good year.  Some tragedy yes, but with massive improvement to the fortress.  To whoever's next I recommend improving the hospital and its stores and expanding the military. 

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 05:01:06 pm »

I'm working on uploading the save.  I'll post a link here when it's ready.

EDIT: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4432
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:39:44 pm by futility »

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 05:55:42 pm »

I'll take a turn. o.o
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 06:28:59 pm »

Didn't die. So Happy!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 07:05:17 pm »

I have the save and will being playing it shortly!  The Spring update should be out tonight sometime!

By the way, I like playing with Phoebus.  Will running the savegame updater and whatnot mess with the file for those who play after me?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:09:53 pm by Savolainen5 »
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 07:30:00 pm »

I'd like to sign up for the next available turn.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 09:53:27 pm »

Seriously, guys, can somebody please please pretty please make themselves a player list? I'm posting this from a library computer, I'm going to be in the Canadian Arctic for three weeks soon, I can't update it.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »

I'll take care of it.  Put a note or something in the first post that the player list will be in my 1st post.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2011, 10:01:44 pm »

While cleaning out an old office space, the dwarves of Breakfastcudgels come upon a small vellum book filled with scratchy, near-illegible writing.  They go to the current overseer, CrazyCow, and have that poor dwarf sort through the mess.  Here is what Crazy Cow deciphers:

3 Granite

By Rilem Buddedfuture, that is simply a delectable prepared cougar intestine roast!  Now, where were we?  Ah, well, it's been 3 days since the last overseer stepped down.  I guess I have as good a chance as the rest of these sheep to take control of this fortress.  It's decided!

5 Granite

I've done it.  The fortress is mine.  In honour of this accomplishment, I hereby cast off the name of Edzul Amlikot, Leatherworker, and take the name of Savs, High Arbiter of Breakfastcudgel.

6 Granite

While on my inspection of my fortress, I came across a thoroughly injured axedwarf, one Goden Uduzol.  Her upper arms were both mangled beyond recognition, yet nobody had taken her off of the military.  We can't have dwarves such as these being sent to die at the hands of the filthy goblins.  Rilem Futurebudded simply will not allow it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No, she will be saved for later.  In the meantime let her rest.

10 Granite

Incompetent fools ruled, no, merely directed, before me.  I shall overshadow them all and go down in history as the legendary High Arbiter.  The idiots had poorly organised their trading system.  No more, as a stockpile has been created for easy access to the depot.

3 Slate

Construction has begun on the temple.  Crafted of Obsidian and Gold (as well as other worthy materials), my temple will dwarf the fortress.  Pun intended.

11 Slate

A militia captain, Cog, of the squad Chances of Theater, has given birth to a boy.  I prayed to Rilem Buddedfuture and to !goth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Both counseled me to allow Cog to keep the child.  With their powers, the child will be protected, provided that his name be a mix of his two guardian gods-- Rilgoth.  He is Protected.

25 Slate

Good, more migrants.  More servants for Rilem Buddedfuture.  On the remarkably competent advice of some previous fool of this fort, I drafted some 6 of them into the military, so as to protect the servants of Rilem Buddedfuture.

16 Felsite

The Elves have arrived.  We will trade our useless trinkets for what little of use we can get from the dirty pointed-ears.

28 Felsite

Summer is just around the corner, and that damnable idiot who passes for our broker is too busy drinking and partying to do his job.

=============
// Well, that was a short one.   No pictures because there's nothing as of yet to report.  Don't worry, the random death is coming. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13