Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: iTunes Library is gone  (Read 1478 times)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
iTunes Library is gone
« on: August 14, 2009, 06:13:30 pm »

Okay, so I was playing DF and I decided to start listening to some music. I open iTunes, and some dialog box comes up. Im not sure what it said, cause I had accidentally clicked (random twitching >_>) and it hit one of the buttons. Now my entire music library of over 1,000 songs is gone. Most of them werent on CD's either...

Any way I can get them back?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes Library is gone
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 07:25:04 pm »

did you check your recycle bin?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:24:04 pm »

Its not there. It wasnt a 'do you want to delete this?' box. It was something about choosing a library, which is silly because I already had a library.

The boxes had longer words on them than 'yes' or 'no'.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:28:42 pm »

That stinks. My brother threatened to kill me because of dumping 50 of his songs that was described as a 'high threat virus'. Yes I said VIRUS! WTF? Viruses! He wants to kill me because I spent the whole day, finding them and destroying them! But if I deleted 1000 songs.........OMG..........scary...........terrifying............................
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 11:51:44 pm »

they've got to still be on your drive somewhere, right?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 01:18:24 am »

That stinks. My brother threatened to kill me because of dumping 50 of his songs that was described as a 'high threat virus'. Yes I said VIRUS! WTF? Viruses! He wants to kill me because I spent the whole day, finding them and destroying them! But if I deleted 1000 songs.........OMG..........scary...........terrifying............................

Why would the program identify songs as viruses?

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 02:48:07 am »

Maby his computer is from the 60's and built by the goverment, and his brother is into reggae?
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 03:57:22 am »

they've got to still be on your drive somewhere, right?

Yeah, but theyre all over the place. I couldnt find them all. That and I had millions of playlists that now dont exist.

Would there be anyway to get music off an iPod into the library? Because I have my iPod here, with all those playlists, songs and all that, but I dont see any option to sync the library with the iPod, only the other way around. And if I did that, then I wouldnt be able to use my iPod because of there being no music on it, and no way to get the library back.

I could spend the next half a day or so finding all the music, but thats really tedious and I'd be bound to miss a few.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 04:39:53 am »

If they are for an iPod, there's a finite amount of possible extensions right? cant you just search for all the sound files on your drive?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 06:22:16 am »

Something about selecting a library? Maybe you did some sort of partition, and you're looking at the wrong partition/folder/section? Oh, and DO check your recycle bin.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 06:51:21 am »

As far as I know itunes just puts it in the recycle bin. It doesn't actually permanently delete them through some magic or hocus pocus.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 07:03:17 am »

Oh, and DO check your recycle bin.

I did, it wasnt there.

There are a couple of files in My Music/Itunes called Library.itl, but double clicking or dragging onto iTunes do nothing.

And if Ive done that partition thingo, its completely by accident. Im not quite computer retarded, but close to it.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 10:55:04 am »

Why would the program identify songs as viruses?

My brother uses a special download thing called Frostwire and you download the songs from other users.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 05:29:56 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:28:04 pm by Stany »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 07:57:03 pm »

Can you people not look up file extensions? Second hit on google for file extension .itl
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: [1] 2