Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 220562 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1380 on: December 19, 2012, 08:28:51 pm »

Furthemore let's not forget that Alice will look very tasty for newly converted consorts. The puppet one is controllable, but rogue isn't

After some analysis I am now sure that converting the rogue is a bad, bad idea. We'll get very freedom loving, unloyal consort that can create many-many problems, I suggest to either try fuzion or use the rogue as food (and saving time used for the conversion)

UKR makes a good point. We should do any and all conversions at our tower.

So, you want to travel to the tower with?

a) wounded Alice
b) badly wounded prisoner
c) Very pregnant Gwen
d) prisoner
e) loot?

It's even better idea!!!

Don't forget consorts are automatically loyal to us until we have our first child with said consort.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 19, 2012, 08:29:31 pm »

And then we get a -5 to our roll, and meet more unicorns

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 19, 2012, 08:36:26 pm »

Don't forget consorts are automatically loyal to us until we have our first child with said consort.
They are instinctively loyal, one can overcome instincts
It's not like Gwen act like our slave, we  have only +3 modifier for our conversation rolls with her, remember?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 19, 2012, 08:37:14 pm »

My post! The forum/browser ate my post!

Anyways.

Trying to convert two at once should wait until the GM tells us how plausible it is.

Converting Alice should wait until we talk to her, and probably until we pray to Nocteclaw for guidance.

Elves can probably follow the previous elves' trail, and therefore wouldn't gain much ground if we let Whatshisname go now.
Relatedly, the elves are probably coming fairly soon; we don't want to dawdle. It's bad to navigate while carrying loot, prisoner, infirm? It's worse to flee while carrying all that.

We need to get navigation skill.

Let's make sure to chat with the converts before conversion.

I agree with the "rogue wasn't a good choice" statement.

I agree with the "Warrior:Puppet" and "Rogue:Amnesia" idea.

Important bits:
Talk with Alice and Nocteclaw before converting her.
It's best to leave soon. We'll have to leave eventually, but it's better to leave when we're not being chased by elves.
Stop ninja'ing me, please.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: December 19, 2012, 08:39:44 pm »

+1 Reader.

Personally I think we should give Alice the pheonex gift, it seems to me to be an incredibly powerful gift, the only drawback that I can see is with stealth.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 19, 2012, 08:43:07 pm »

And setting stuff on fire.
And not really deriving much.

Anyways, I'd again suggest NOT converting Alice without talking to her about it and consulting Nocteclaw.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:10 pm »

That too but she gains a 1-up and the ability to fly.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 19, 2012, 08:46:13 pm »

IIRC, Alice said something like  "I let you decide how to use me"...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 19, 2012, 08:48:26 pm »

That too but she gains a 1-up and the ability to fly.
And that's it. She also loses stealth and pretty much all ability to use her woodlore, her two biggest strengths. Save the phoenix for a son, or someone who doesn't have skills negated by flaming wings.

IIRC, Alice said something like  "I let you decide how to use me"...
It's still nice to ask, especially since there's still people considering the Left Stone gift...
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 19, 2012, 08:57:46 pm »

Unrelated but can our next son be the inferno gift?  That one sounds really sweet.  Hell if we ever die, I think that's the one I'd like to continue playing as.  What about you guys?
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 19, 2012, 09:03:22 pm »

Sure, unless we have a daughter by Alice first.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 19, 2012, 09:20:34 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You turn to the surviving elf. "Congratulations. You live. You are free to go now, but I suggest you hear me out first."

The elf sighs and leans against the door. "Against my better judgement, I'm listening."

"Whats your name boy?"

"I'm Leaf Piousseed."

"Yeah." Gwendolyn chimes in between bites of elf. "He is the son of the Town Broker. I was a bit shocked to see a sheltered rich kid like him in the Posse."

Leaf is caught of guard by Gwendolyn's disclosure of information. "That monster knows me?"

You nod. "She is Gwendolyn, before I made a mate out of her she was the elf who ran this ranch."

Leaf nods, and swallows his shock. He remains silent, so you continue.

"Anyway, Leaf, I would like to propose an alliance. I could use eyes and ears in Everpine. In return you receive gold, power, and protection from the coming darkness."
1d20 = 11 + 2(Skill) + 1(Perk) + 3(Target is Greedy)

Leaf nods and recovers his wits. "I'd love to. But I don't think I'll be in Everpine much longer. My father has recognized that my greed, silver tounge, and skill with numbers are rapidly catching up to his own. He seeks to have me married off somewhere far away. As a military hero I'll be even a bigger threat to him, so I'm sure he will double down on those efforts upon my return."

You pause for a moment to consider his words. "Right. Well keep me posted of your situation and other events in Everpine that might be worth my interest. Leave notes in the tree on this ranch, and me or one of my minions will find them. Bring wreaths or whatnot to honor the dead today and keep the trees from getting suspicious. You best be off. Tell them all exactly what happened, but leave your betrayal of the mage out. We will teach Everpine to once more fear the night."

Leaf nods, and you bid him farewell. The elf hurries back to town, not wanting to get caught out after dark too injured to defend himself.

You pull the axe elf from the pile; Gwendolyn doesn't protest but she does offer her two sense. "Jimma may be a tough sell. She spent the last 65 years in a Dwarven axe squadron, and has picked up on their law and order loving habits."

"Don't worry my sweet. I have just the gift for her. I'll likely be in the tree for awhile, bring me one of the dead ones every so often. They may not taste great, but I'll need some food energy to get me through a double conversion."

---

The Axe Elf is dragged up to the tree. You throw her to the floor and laugh off her screams for mercy. You then open the cabinet that you stashed the rouge in and focus upon her. She is released from her time-loop on the first try, without much difficulty and only 10 minutes spent.

You get to work breaking their wills, hoping that they will progress at the same rate so you can work them both at once and save precious time. Unfortunately the Rouge Cherlyn has a fairly good understanding of night trolls, and cuts to the chase. "No point going through this torture. I hereby grant you permission to use my mind, body, and soul as you see fit to craft me into something like you. Just get on with it."

With explicit permission to use her soul granted, you find yourself unable to ignore the compelling urge to properly deconstruct her. You tear the vines binding her away and pull her into a deep embrace. You infuse her body with energies from her soul over a good hour or so, and eventually she falls away as a pile of goop.

Returning to the warrior Jimma, you set to work once more breaking her down. The elf seems to know what you want, and does everything in her power to keep you from it. Bleeding her of emotion is difficult, and takes nearly a day and a half.

Gwendolyn brings up a carcass for you to eat on break. She is very pregnant now, and suspects she is very close to giving birth, which she wishes to do in the safety of the tower. You are also informed the the elven corpses didn't have much of value; just wooden gear and rations for Alice. Gwendolyn leaves quickly and hides in the barn so as not to push herself over the threshold by witnessing your abuse of Jimma.

Eventually the warrior breaks down, and with only love left in her accepts your marriage proposal. You take great pride in breaking down your toughest prize yet.

You briefly entertain the idea of combining the two into one super-consort, before reminding yourself that the conversion process is actually an act of Transmutation guided by a powerful and infallible instinct. Transmutation is typically considered the most difficult of the 'enchantment' schools, way harder than rune laying or item ensouling. You know some night trolls who are strange enough to practice the art can make fantastic consorts and even ignore the rules of their gifts, but you know nothing of the school. If you don't follow your instincts to the letter you will likely mess everything up.

Deciding to save the big prize for last, you insert the gift of amnesia and get to work reconstructing Cherlyn. The body that she forms is diminutive (smaller even than your own), muscular, and curvy. Other than ash colored skin and jet-black pupiless eyes nothing seems terribly freakish about her. You suspect she could pass for some sort of mortal if need be.

Reconstructing her mind is a bit of a chore. The rouge remains snarky and disrespectful. You trust that in the short run her instincts will keep her loyal, and that her immoral nature will cause her to fall in with the night troll life style for keeps before too long.

You can't help but get a degree of smug satisfaction out of inserting the gift of puppetry into the warrior, but any contempt you have for her evaporates almost instantly. As the gift takes hold you feel she is as much a part of you as any of your limbs! Her new body is tall (but not as freakishly huge as Gwen's) and very muscular. Eventually her mouth forms and she begs you to give her a purpose. You tell her to get up, and she does so. You can tell she has found great emotional fulfillment in obeying your simple command, and this for some reason makes you feel good as well.

Back in the barn you find that Alice is awake and standing once more. Your new puppet is a bit to big to fit into her old chainmail, but you order her to bring it along anyway. It can be melted down later. A loincloth is quickly made from her old clothes, and the now rather large party sets off for the tower.

---

20 minutes into your trek you bump into Leaf going in the other direction. He is carrying memorial wreaths and a note. Upon laying eyes on you, he makes a big show out of dropping his load and bolting back toward town screaming so as to fool the trees. You pick up the note and give it a quick read before swallowing it whole.

To my esteemed ally

As I feared my father has set out for the settlements deeper in the woods in hopes of finding me a wife and a home far away. Usually such trips take him a bit over a month. Until then I am more or less in charge of Everpine's economy. As you predicted, they fear you. I don't know your name, so somebody dubbed you Fellsoil Dreamender.

If you wish to get in touch with me, talk to the Dwarf 'Chin' Hogan. He is a bartender and pimp down in everpine and he knows how to get a hold of me.

Heres hoping I remain single and we both become rich!

-Leaf

Encounter Roll: 1d20 = 17 + 5(Highest Tracker Skill in Party) - 2(Injured and Pregnant in the Party) = 20

---

You make it back to the tower without incident. You find the mermaid happily making herself useful and tidying up the first floor. Alice still refuses to talk about potential conversions, not wanting to think about it until it is done. You can tell however that the prospect of sharing a house with three consorts scares her greatly, and this fear puts her at even greater risk. With her current injuries the option of letting her live off the land is currently off the table. You may not be able to stall for her humanity much longer.

Wow. That update was longer than I thought it would be.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:24:10 pm by Weirdsound »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 19, 2012, 09:37:51 pm »

Lets give all three consorts explicit instructions to leave Alice be and threaten them with confining them to be starved of fear by putting them in a time bubble if they disobey. In the meantime, lets help Gwen prepare for the birth.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 19, 2012, 09:38:14 pm »

FLAME BABY PLEASE!  Oh and I'm going to try not getting involved with any Alice debates.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 19, 2012, 09:41:38 pm »

Seriously we must convert Alice, use whatever gift you wish, but we must convert her. She asked us to do that. New consorts are dangerous, especially pregnant Gwen

If you want you may bring Alice in the secure room with us and mermaid and have jointed prayer to Nightclaw, Let's show both of possible first female night trolls and let the goddess choose

Oh, and our son will be 5traited. Gooood. Need to find a prey
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:43:51 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 143