Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 971023 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #8520 on: February 28, 2014, 08:59:51 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: March 01, 2014, 04:57:18 am »

why would a dragon of darkness be especially good at dealing with a light-saber? An attack that is based on light should actually be super effective
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: March 01, 2014, 05:06:54 am »

Depends on what darkness is. Since it may be argued that it's the absence of visible light and thus the plasma emission device's lasers which are presumably of a shorter wavelength are unaffected. It may indeed be a branch of light magic focused on destructive interference of light which would logically negate the laser and confer resistance to lasers (but not plasma).
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: March 01, 2014, 05:15:10 am »

Wait! There are antimagic and antivoid fields in place! The dragon should not have been able to magically perturb the beam at all! Unless it was using some sort of non-creation, non-void magic though it seems unlikely seeing as those ones tend to be rather strange if Fate and Wall Street are anything to go by.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: March 01, 2014, 05:39:16 am »

on a side note, if Kyle actually wanted to kill him, this dragon would have majorly screwed itself over right now. Kyle is sturdy enough to simply dive down through the dragons throat into his stomach, even is that means getting nhit directly by the dragons...darkness breath?. he would then be easily able to carve his way through the dragons organs, without the enemy being able to dodge, no scales, every hit would be more or less critical. he would get out relatively intact. the dragon, not so much
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: March 01, 2014, 05:42:40 am »

I think any breath attack would be negated by the antimagic or antivoid field.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: March 01, 2014, 08:09:32 am »

Oh my god Kyle is probably the most badass dragon hunter ever. Now then...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: March 01, 2014, 08:12:20 am »

oh no what have I done..

also, screw plasma, high frequency blades is what it's at. They cut the dragons at freaking molecular levels.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: March 01, 2014, 01:40:22 pm »

Or, like, a really big dog whistle set to a dragon frequency.
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: March 01, 2014, 03:58:38 pm »

I thought physics and natural selection were what worked well against them :P

Now I have an idea for a character who can forcibly impose realism onto objects :D

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: March 01, 2014, 04:19:34 pm »

simple steve, a very ordinary boy. in fact so ordinary, he turns all that fancy magic shit around him into ordinary stuff, an aura of ordinarity

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: March 01, 2014, 04:29:43 pm »

so GWG, has something been worked out? I'l be here for 2 more hours

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: March 01, 2014, 04:33:49 pm »

why would a dragon of darkness be especially good at dealing with a light-saber? An attack that is based on light should actually be super effective
If they can create darkness, they can destroy light. Because that's what creating darkness does. It's common sense!

Wait! There are antimagic and antivoid fields in place! The dragon should not have been able to magically perturb the beam at all! Unless it was using some sort of non-creation, non-void magic though it seems unlikely seeing as those ones tend to be rather strange if Fate and Wall Street are anything to go by.
Those extend into the air a good distance from the castle?

on a side note, if Kyle actually wanted to kill him, this dragon would have majorly screwed itself over right now. Kyle is sturdy enough to simply dive down through the dragons throat into his stomach, even is that means getting nhit directly by the dragons...darkness breath?. he would then be easily able to carve his way through the dragons organs, without the enemy being able to dodge, no scales, every hit would be more or less critical. he would get out relatively intact. the dragon, not so much
Of course, this relies on parts of Kyle's character which the dragon is ignorant of.

also, screw plasma, high frequency blades is what it's at. They cut the dragons at freaking molecular levels.
Or they break themselves on dragon scales. It's basically the same set of considerations as for razor-sharp blades.

((forum was down for most of the day. would be ideal though if GWG came on now so we could do the stuff.))
Deathwatch session today...I'll be able to do stuff this evening I hope.
Side note: Given his rolls so far, my marine is the worst Tech-Marine in the Blood Angels. (The Apothecary, on the other hand, is doing extremely well, first dodging a lethal sniper shot while protecting a hostile prisoner, then throwing an extremely accurate grenade.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: March 01, 2014, 04:35:16 pm »

If they can create darkness, they can destroy light. Because that's what creating darkness does. It's common sense!
Isn't darkness the absence of visible light? As opposed to all electromagnetic radiation?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: March 01, 2014, 04:37:51 pm »

*or* they cut through the dragons hide like you claimed armor piercing weaponry does. This is a kind of blade that is built to cut open tanks. The only thing that would be even more armor piercing would be either a neutrino beam or an entirely incorporeal ghost-blade-thing

also, dragons should be weak to their opposed element
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1030